Thread: Spec Help

Spec Help

Hello Everyone,
    I am new to the fourms but have done quite a bit of reserch here and elsewhere about my question all with debatable answers.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ivh&n=Dextraxx

That is my armory link and i am currently dw frost with Glyph of disease rotation is
    IT PS OB BS PEST Dump OB OB OB Dump OB OB PEST BS to refresh and repeat
    The first pest is needed for buffed diseases to stay up for the rest of the rotation. I normally refresh with .5 sec left on my diseases.
    The reason i use this ever without my 4p set bonus it i blow cooldowns to start a fight and my IT and PS tick for more dmg if i refresh them like that they stay ticking that high dmg until they fall off. i pull from 4k-4.5k like this

The other option is 2h blood/unholy. 2h i use edge of agony and replace the ext trink i have on with wrathstone.
    I run basic 51/0/20 and my rotation is
    IT PS HS HS DS DC DC HS HS HS HS dump
    in this spec i pull 4.k-5k peaking at 6k if i blow all my cooldowns and then i drop back to 5k

Now everyone is probably thinking you have done your research and obviously blood does higher dps.
    But please take a look at my gear and tell me if im itemizing wrong or w/e i have a 233.83 average gear score and only pull 5k?
    this seems low to me and i have been able to pull 5k since ulduar as blood 2h, dw is mainly an experiment atm.
    so my question is why is my gear improving but my dps staying the same? please help. :'(

Re: Spec Help

I have a question aswell

why are you using pest after your first obliterate?

Because, the rotation is so long if i dont the buffed diseases will fall off and also to get a death rune for a third ob
    I edited the first post rotation to be a little better to understand.

I found that a better rotation for dw frost went something like...
    IT>PS>OB>BS>Blood tap>IT>Pest>Dump>Remove blood tap aura
    OB>OB>OB>Dump>OB>OB>BS>Pest

Because of the way tundra stalker works, you have to reapply FF with IT to get the 15% damage boost on frost fever. I found that this was the best way to make use of blood tap since you never use it anyways, as with dw frost your blood runes are always converted to death runes. I haven't been dw frost for some time, but it really just depends on your gear whether 2h blood or dw frost is better dps. Weapons play a huge part in this... I was dw frost for some time because i had 2x Serilas, and fairly poor gear for any other spec.

Anyways, back to your original question... Usually you'll find the biggest dps increase from a weapon rather than from improving gear slightly, especially if your itemization changed significantly. For DW frost you have FAR too much haste rating, especially with haste being nearly the worst stat for dw. For your spec, drop that point out of imp frost presence and put it in bcb. Additionally, you can improve your dps by getting optimal raiding professions, and making sure you're using the proper rotation at all times, as well as getting to the expertise cap. Stat-wise, hit and expertise are the 2 most important stats for dw until you get them capped, so keep that in mind... Always have 26 expertise and 8% hit (personally i preferred i think... 287(?) hit rating, as it kept me at spell hit cap, so nothing ever missed.)

Also, tbh... Unless your weapon choice for 2h blood is obscenely worse than for dw frost, you'll see better numbers from a 51/0/20 spec, especially if you're good at timing cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpal
    I found that this was the best way to make use of blood tap since you never use it anyways, as with dw frost your blood runes are always converted to death runes.
    TIP: Use blood tap for unbreakable armor. Great synergy since both are on 1min cooldown, much like bone shield with unholy. Surely you have unbreakable armor? Glyph of disease specs benefit a lot from it.

I never got unbreakable armor as my dw frost spec, as even when it gave 25% strength i remember reading theorycrafting on the point going in BCB as still being slightly higher dps.
    I dont see that after it being nerfed to 10% strength it would be a higher dps increase than BCB if it wasn't before.

I do have unbreakable armor and i pair it with blood tap to not interrupt my rotation early so i get the bonus on my diseases.

I use edge of agony for my 2h in blood spec and i use blackhorn bludgeon and a tankerd for dw. what stat besides str once i cap exp and hit(i am currently hit/spell capped and 6%expt) should i be stacking most of the gear now has arm pen but that's not really good for dw either, it seems no stats are really favored so i haven't really itemized for a certain stat other then strength. i have like 300 arm pen and 400? haste so obviously that's way to much.

Sorry to be blabbering its just frustrating to be working so hard to improve and literally running in circles.

in short, i would like to be dw since i have been 2h for so long and would like a change so what type of items should i be looking at to make that happen and finally break this 5k ceiling iv seemed to hit. ty

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    I have read that and many other posts about dw
    however my problem lies in the stat weight table there:
    AttackPower 1
    Strength 2.61
    Agility 1.39
    CritRating 1.77
    HasteRating 1.32
    ArmorPenetrationRating 1.61
    ExpertiseRating 2.94
    BeforeMeleeHitCap<8% 3.55
    SpellHitRating 0.99
    WeaponDPS 6.77
    WeaponSpeed 274.19
    After spell hit cap 0.80
    2T8 156.67
    4T8 126.67
    2T9 133.33
    4T9 403.33

I understand that hitting my hit/spell hit cap and expt cap are of the utmost importance but arp and crit are only slightly higher in stat weight then haste so on some items i have to take haste to get the other stats my helm neck boots and rings all have haste but also have crit. What would an appropriate substitute be? would giving up 20+ strength from a 232/245 item be worth getting a 226 item with crit/arp be viable? this is my question

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...x0NB,Mpa,10676

IT > PS > OB > BS > BS > Frost Strike dump
    OB > OB > OB > Frost Strike dump

then make a macro like this:

#showtooltip
    /cast Unbreakable Armor
    /cast Blood Tap

and throw this into the 1st rotation when its off CD

(NOTE: when you use this macro, you will only have 1 blood strike in the rotation)
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win