Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Top 15 Bosses that stayed unkilled the longest

Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoy
    I guess that theoretically makes the original Solarian the easiest raid boss in all of BC.
    Either that or that buggy goes both ways for boss difficulty

what about Lord Kazzak in classic? It took some time too ;D

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Im just curious why was Mu'ru not on the list?
    /thread
    Because his gate opened on 30th april 2008 in EU, and SK gaming killed him 4 days later, on 4th may 2008, maybe?

10+ Year Old Account

Absolute Virtue...

Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoy
    Two Warriors stacked Arcane Resistance beyond maximum and stood on top of each other, healed by one Druid. Anyone who got the debuff would stood near them to pass the debuff onto them. The two "AR Tanks" would take pass the Wraths back and forth between them to protect the raid from them. The amount of Arcane Damage they would take would continually increase, but it was mostly mitigated by Arcane Resistance. When one of them would inevitably die, Soulstone or Rebirth was used to get them back up. Fresh with no debuffs.
    As far as I remember, the fight you described was Solarian v2.0 (which went live much after the first kills), completely different from the original one.

Quote Originally Posted by shippior
    So only thing Blizzard needs to do to get Arthas #1 is give him a raidwide AoE that does 100k dmg and occurs every 30 seconds and don't remove that until the 11th boss has been downed at least 71 days ago
    Rofl. Yes. DO IT!
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by Vysogota
    As far as I remember, the fight you described was Solarian v2.0 (which went live much after the first kills), completely different from the original one.
    No this was the original version.

Headless Horsemen was killed 77 days after release of naxxramas.

Blizzard is inconsistent with difficulty levels, it has been said many times that Ulduar hardmodes were "broken" and impossible to do without cheating untill Blizzard acknowledged it and nerfed some of the encounters.

Yogg+0 actually is not a boss, its the 4th "difficulty" level of the same boss (title misleading). So Yogg was killed pretty fast when you compare it to other BC bosses, probably it was on the verge to be nerfed as well, if Stars would have not killed it. Blizzard can throw out an encounter, and later nerf it if he needs to - makes it less important for high-end testing.

And some bossess were bugged when released, some were undertuned later buffed (e.g. Illidan), some were unkillable back in Vanilla, untill nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14
    Either that or that buggy goes both ways for boss difficulty
    made me chuckle.

good thread

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet
    Hogger - Still Alive. No raid can kill him! Way to overtuned, needs a nerf tbh. Even Elitist Jerks calculated he's impossible.
    i hope you die

For my ex guild it went like this. Now 1 is the longest and 15 is the shortest for us.

1: Algalon(25)
    2: Kil'Jaeden - After Nerf
    3: M'uru - After Nerf
    4: Felmyst - Pre Nerf
    5: Illidan - Pre Nerf
    6: Kael'thas - Pre Nerf
    7: C'Thun - After Nerf
    8: Archimonde - Pre Nerf <If there was one, I forget.>
    9: Mother Shazz - Pre Nerf
    10: Brutallus - Pre Nerf
    11: Solarian - After Nerf <If there was once, I forget.>
    12: Yogg-Saron(25)
    13: Steelbreaker(25 Heroric)
    14: Jin'do The Hexer
    15: Nefarian

Now for other boss that was impossible for my guild.

Kel'Thuzad: Fourty Man not the WoTLK joke one.

Quote Originally Posted by CowBoyTX
    Kel'Thuzad: Fourty Man not the WoTLK joke one.
    KEL'THUZAD CACKLES MANIACALLY.

But yeah that fight was no joke. Immune to taunt + mind controlling main tank + one shot frostbolt + 5 really nasty adds = oh god. Plus the raid damage he put out with the volley that hit for like 70% of your HP.

like i care

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith
    and as stated it was bugged so technically not a nerf
    Source from wowwiki: 'In its first inception, C'Thun was considered to be unbeatable with the current level of gear. However, following a number of hot fixes, phase two was made considerably more controllable, and the first kills were registered in a matter of hours following one such hot fix.'
    Classic WoW.

I just remember Vashj en Keal'thas being a pain. Even Illidan was less hard then them tbh. Never did MgT so i ain't judging there. WotlK bosses are just mostly faceroll..

Quote Originally Posted by nalanthus
    Since the OP doesn't want to bother with Pre-Naxx, I will:

• Ragnaros
    • -- 169 days from release of MC (7 November 2004) to world first (25 April 2005)
    • -- 74 days from world first kill of Majordomo Executus (10 February 2005)
    • Onyxia
    • -- 84 days from release of Ony (7 November 2004) to world first (30 January 2005)
    • Nefarian (& Chromaggus)
    • -- 76 days from release of BWL (12 July 2005) to world first (26 September 2005)
    • -- 75 days from world first kill of Flamegor (13 July 2005)
    • C'thun
    • -- 112 days from release of AQ (3 January 2006) to world first (25 April 2006)
    • -- 85 days from world first kill of Twin Emperors (29 January 2006)

It's already been noted (several times) that C'thun was impossible to kill prior to the nerf. Was Chrommagus bugged as well prior to his first kill, which would explain the long gap between Flamegor world-first and Chrom/Nef who were killed the same day? I never had a chance to raid BWL back at 60 so I don't know.

Edit: All release dates taken from wowwiki. World first dates taken from the SK site linked by the OP.
    Chrommagus wasn't bugged he was just an A-hole. At the time of his release, addons like decursive weren't in wide use, and when he was tossing out all that status effect 1 of 3 things happened.

1. Casters went oom from Brood Affliction Blue, no heals no ranged = wipe.
    2. Not enough people got the Hourglass sand and were stunned at really really bad times.
    3. Someone got no cleansing/decursing and turned into the freaking demon and molested everyone like nine times because he didn't despawn FOR THREE HOURS!!!!!!!!

You think im kidding? Go to Chrommag and don't cleanse, take big group, its horrible (but fun to watch)

Quote Originally Posted by Mafheid
    I just remember Vashj en Keal'thas being a pain. Even Illidan was less hard then them tbh. Never did MgT so i ain't judging there. WotlK bosses are just mostly faceroll..
    We don't care about your normal mode kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Im just curious why was Mu'ru not on the list?
    /thread
    oO he did /thread ??? he's cool now 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14
    #1 Alone in the Darkness - 70 days from One Light in the Darkness. 7th July 2009
    #2 High Astromancer Solarian - 59 days from Magtheridon's death. 24th April 2007
    #3 The Four Horsemen - 56 days from Gothik's death to D&T's kill. August 25th 2006
    #4 Al'ar <Phoenix God> - 48 days from Magtheridon's death. 13th April 2007
    #5 Kael'thas Sunstrider <Lord of the Blood Elves> - 31 days from Solarian's death. 25th May 2007
    #6 Magtheridon - 29 days from the first 70 raid kills. 24th February 2007
    #7 Lady Vashj <Coilfang Matron> - 17 days from being unlocked. 29th March 2007
    #8 Leotheras the Blind - 16 days from Hydross' death. 4th March 2007
    #9 Loatheb - 14 days from Heigan's death. 17th July 2006
    #10 Hydross the Unstable <Duke of Currents> - 13 days from Gruul's death. 16th February 2007
    #11 Archimonde the Defiler - 10 days from Azgalor's death. 9th June 2007
    #12 tied Sapphiron - 8 days from Four Horsemen dying. 2nd September 2006
    #12 tied Gruul the Dragonkiller - 8 days from Maulgar's death. 3rd February 2007
    #14 Reliquary of Lost Souls - 6 days from Gurtogg's death. 2nd June 2007
    #15 tied Kel'Thuzad - 5 days from Sapphiron's death. 7th September 2006
    #15 tied Kil'jaeden - 5 days from the opening of the third Sunwell gate. 25th May 2008

Runner up: M'uru. 4 days from the opening of the second Sunwell gate. 4th May 2008

Thanks to SK-Gaming's handy list of all time world firsts.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/163...rld_first_list
    I guess this is all the proof needed in the "which is hardest" debate. Everyone knew Yogg+0 would come top. The rest of the WotLK bosses are nowhere to be seen, thus putting an end once and for all as to which expansion had the hardest bosses.

WotLK hardmodes are pretty much all scrub bosses compared to TBC / Vanilla.

Let's see who STILL wants to argue about it