Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

Sweet ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Toogood
    So ideally you can triple box using the RAF system? so RAF urself on ur 2nd bought account to ur main account, and u can use a friends 80 to
    instance both ur lowbies with triple xp? So than from ur 60 on ur 2nd account u can grant 30 levels to another char on ur main account from lv30-lv60,
    so than if this is all sound, u have 3 lv60 characters, that all up took 12 hours /played?

So da only minus if the above is true, is paying for a 2nd account and than transferring the 60 frm the 2nd account to ur main account.
    Yeah, but I only had one main on my main-account. So I recruited (myself) and made a druid, and a lock on my main account. Did the quests (had follow on the druid) to level 10, then I enterred SFK, did 10-20, 20-40 SM (GY>Lib>Armory>Cath rinse repeat, to prevent getting saved) 40-45 ZF, 45-55 Stratholme (yes stratholme, in EPL) and then the last 5 levels in Ramps (getting 2.3k exp/mob FTW). When I dinged 60 on my druid and warlock. I did 2 characters (a warrior on the recruited acc and a Shaman on the main-account) and did the same with them to 60. And when I dinged 60 I made a hunter and granted 1-60.

After that I did a paladin on my main acc and a lock on the recruited acc

So now I'm going to level a rogue to 30 (using RaF OFC xD) and grant him to 60

Have fun levelling.

P.S. I boosted with a 25k hp Feral Tank with Essence of Gossamer (HELPS ALOT) from AN HC 2nd boss. And in Stratholme, enter the backway and work towards the entry. Do not enter the section where the spiders + ghosts and shit are. They just silence and web you :P (waste of time :P)

U must of spent a bit of money, for those new accounts and transfers?

I only bought 1 month for the "alt-account".

The characters is still on my alt-account xP.

I'd say just use the BoA 1h mace x2 and mail shoulder/chest imo ;p

the maces are really decent start 80 weapons when you in to heroics

Edit i should say ToC >.>

I had the caster gear, cloth shoulders/chest, spell power trinkets, and caster staff with 29 spell power enchant. I decided to use that for leveling as elemental. The worst part of leveling a shaman is totems, and that's not so bad now that you can drop them all at once. Not sure how much it helps, but low level casters got some help with extra mana regen 1-10 and also the costs of almost every spell was reduced.

Like someone else mentioned it was really great 75+, but before that it was rather boring. Basically just LB spam the entire time from 1-75, with the occasional frost shock to slow them down. Mana wasn't too much of an issue, and if you get dual spec you can easily heal an instance while you level. Plus at 80 the staff and trinkets are pretty good (the mana proc on the trinkets still works as well). Lava Burst crits are a lot of fun, and sometimes I still throw some out while healing easy stuff. I swapped my dps spec to enhance to try it out, so now I miss thunderstorm and LvB . No matter what though, all 3 specs are pretty fun, and you shouldn't have a problem leveling either spec as long as you have the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Woesnoes
    Hehe, but just a question, If you are going to make him restoration main specc, maybe it should be a little better to level him in elemental???
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogood
    Enh spec seems to be the most efficient to level with, and if your point is to have sp gear redy to heal at 80, well than: i'll be using duel-spec with resto off-spec from 40,
    and ill buy sum craftables to heal sum instances in between those levels (40-80, but most probably frm 70 onwards, as instancing i find is a pain in the ass, at those lower lvls),
    I found out (my shaman had encha / resto on duals since lvl40) few things. First was the pain that skills bought from trainer wont upgrade into nonused spec. Second was, that until Northend, enhancement spec was superior for healing. Manaregen gained from stromstrike and spellpower gained from talents outshine restospec in that leveling gear, not forgetting dualwielded Earthliving Weapon. Even in northend I doubt it would be more than slightly harder heal as enhancement.

So even if the goal is to play healer, speccing into it while leveling is useless from efficiency pov. Having gear for healing in the other hand is essential, mostly to have that manapool for heals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonisawsom
    if you get dual spec you can easily heal an instance while you level.
    If you have healing gear you can easily heal an instance while you level. fixed
    (and by healing gear I mean just anything from green +int items to blue instance drops. no epics required)
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

I did the leather chest/shoulders and 2x boa maces. I only did the leather because I might make a rogue after and pass all 4 pieces to her. I didn't notice any disadvantage to using the leather... I died probably 5 times 60-80 (the rest of the time I was on an alt fol instance grind).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...on&n=Omnishock

^^ This ^^ ( if you want to go all out that is. )
    I personally have always had problems with shammies so i realized that the only way i was ever going to get past level 15 was to go all out with BoAs complete with enchants.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48718 with + 25 agi.. until level 40
    then go 2x http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48716 with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=16252 ( Crusader > + 15 agi until at least level 60 or 65.. yes, its a proc and yes, agi >>>> str for shammies, but it procs alot and 100 [almost] constant str > 15 constant agi )

I forgot to mention something about gear, though it's not that important. While leveling there is basically no mail caster gear. You can find some in instances, but almost none from quests (not that I ran into anyway). So you would be in mostly cloth and leather gear, which isn't that terrible. I constantly saw plenty of enhance/hunter gear and if I didn't have the caster BoA gear I probably would have switched.