15+ Year Old Account

ELEMENTAL GOODNESS

THE TOTEMS! AAGHHHHHH
    THE SET BONUS! AGAGAGAGGGGGGGGGG
    THAT TRINKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Update
    • Item - Shaman T10 Elemental 2P Bonus - Your Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning spells reduce the remaining cooldown on your Elemental Mastery talent by 2 sec. (Old - Your Lightning Bolt spell reduces the remaining cooldown on your Elemental Mastery talent by 1 sec.)
    • Item - Shaman T10 Elemental Relic (Shocks) - The periodic damage from your Flame Shock spell grants 44 haste rating for 30 sec. Stacks up to 5 times. (Old - Your Earth Shock, Flame Shock, and Frost Shock spells grant 73 haste rating for 30 sec. Stacks up to 3 times.)
    • Item - Icecrown 25 Heroic Caster Trinket 1 Base - Your harmful spells have a chance to increase your spell power by 121 and an additional 121 every 2 sec for 20 sec.
    discuss
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

Re: ELEMENTAL GOODNESS

Uh.. Eh... Uhm... Aha... Nonono... hmm... eh.. uh.. i know, its coming now... uh...

No damn, i got no idea what the fuck youre talking about :-\
    Enhancement Shaman, Kalokagathós, Burning Steppes-EU
    Death is a gift, Life is just the paper wrapped around it.

2p bonus = totally crap. Popping elemental mastery is absolutely no DPS gain ( -> GCD )
    Relic = Marginally better than our current one ( 200 haste on near 100% uptime )
    Trinket = Yes , it is really nice. But all the other casters get it too. So no elemental only advantage

Deleted

Well, old 2pc was about 60 DPS I believe, so the new one should be rather okay... for a 2pc...
    The relic was buffed pretty strong and tbh I think it is too strong right now.
    No, not the buff, but the fact that it's practically impossible for it to fall off. If you compare that with i.e. the Enhance-relic, you'll have to agree that the new Elemental one is way too easy to keep up. (one FS every 27seconds really is no problem...)
    The Enhance-Relic, and the ones for the other classes, can fall off if you can't attack anything for 10sec or whatever, due to rather high CDs and low buff-duration.
    Ours will stay up all the time... too strong if you ask me.

So for 2pc T10, what does it reduce the cooldown to?

Quote Originally Posted by Executia
    2p bonus = totally crap. Popping elemental mastery is absolutely no DPS gain ( -> GCD )
    Relic = Marginally better than our current one ( 200 haste on near 100% uptime )
    Trinket = Yes , it is really nice. But all the other casters get it too. So no elemental only advantage
    Since when was EM on the GCD?

Since when did EM only create an instant cast, with no crit bonus to subsequent casts?

Since when did being able to throw out an instant cast whilst moving lose its benefits?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

assuming you are chain casting LB (not bothered with CL) that would be 86 seconds off of EM cooldown every 60 seconds, for a grand total of 2.4 mins cooldown every 60 seconds, thats assuming something like a 1.4s cast though, add in shocks and LVB and moving, you will end up with a lot less, but its still pretty sexy.

What? WHAT? No, yeah - 15% crit is no dps gain because of the GCD. Because that makes sense.
    220 haste actually, and after the initial setup - if you can keep FS up it'd be 100% uptime period. The current relic is only, by probability standards, ideally at 100%. RNG = it's actually relatively lower depending on how unlucky you are.

I kinda like the bonuses. Though it seems like we continue to get set bonuses that would fit better as talents to fix the spec.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

They actually listened to us?

WAT?

/love
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

removes the cooldown by 2 sec?

WHAT

THE

FUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic
    "OMFG I spent 7g buying [insert item name] from action house, but it didn't go in my bag!"....

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkGod
    removes the cooldown by 2 sec?

WHAT

THE

FUCK
    L2Read, it removes 2 seconds off the CD EVERY TIME you cast LB/CL. So basicly if you cast lets say 30 LB/CL it'll remove 60seconds from the cooldown. Not an amazing set-bonus, but pretty decent and quite interesting imo.

And afaik EM aint on GCD?

I like the way the 2pc works, just would be nicer it it was maybe like 2.5 sec off or something to make it a tid bit faster than a minute off. I am very excited for all of the ele stuff for my offspec, especially the new totem. I'm trying to think of how that might work with Enhance just for speedy giggles. Wanna see how fast I can attack and stack haste outta boredom.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

wondering if ele mastery glyph that reduces CD by 30 sec will be worth it

currently FS crits account for ~17% of ele shamans dps at around 35 crit
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

I think both set bonus' are sexy. 4 piece is huge

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by XeroXen TruSin
    wondering if ele mastery glyph that reduces CD by 30 sec will be worth it

currently FS crits account for ~17% of ele shamans dps at around 35 crit
    Wait... what? 17%?
    Just loaded Rawr and my FS-DoT hits for an average of ~1.4k damage. (43% crit chance, 3564 Spellpower)
    That results in ~467 DPS.
    So for that 17% to be correct, you'd have to do ~2.7k DPS... so yeah, FS-DoT (and therefore the glyph) does way less than those 17% or whatever.
    But the EM-glyph is still shit. EM is 15% Crit, which is not a huge DPS increase itself and lowering it's CD by 30sec won't give you ~160 or so DPS.. pretty sure of that.

Deleted

im really interested by the 2 set bonus cant wait to try it out

For the guy that said EM is not a dps boost because it has a GCD, well.

*insert witty facepalm picture here*

The only GCD you will recieve is from the spell that you instant cast after popping EM,
    You guys are saying that this knocks 1 minute off the EM cooldown?

I think i will be using the EM glyph, that would reduce the cooldown to 90 seconds, am i right? that sounds pretty nice, 15 of those seconds with +15% crit so 75 seconds downtime on EM effect vs. current 180 (150 glyphed) seconds with 165 (135 glyphed) seconds of downtime on EM effect

i LOVE the 2pc bonus. it also makes shamans alot more fun. im thinking of BGing/arena with the 2pc t10 and being able to spam those instants!

Updated versions of cataclysm(t5) 2pc+4pc is clearly what elemental shamans need :P

i dont understand the qq, if every 1.5 mins now you have a an instant lavaburst (maybe even less depending on your haste) isnt that a dps increase especiallly if you macro it ?