Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hello all, I'm looking for a macro that will charge and intercept, atm I'm using

#showtooltip
    /cast Charge
    /cast !rend

I would like a macro that will do the above in def stance and intercept with a hamstring in zerker stance, I'm using two different macro to do the one job atm, I would like to have both on one macro, thanks in advance.

I have tryed the charge intercept macro listed but none do what I want

Deleted
    For the following macro i have a (somewhat nubbish) question:

- 2x 2H -> Equip shield -> Equip offhand 2H

/stopattack
    /equipslot [equipped:two-hand] 17 <Shield>
    /equipslot [equipped:shield] 17 <offhand 2H>
    /equipslot 16 <Main hand>
    /cast [stance:3] Defensive Stance; [stance:2] Berserker Stance

this macro will switch your offhand 2hander with a shield on the first push and switch back to 2hander on the 2nd push.
    in addition it will also put you into defensive stance if you are in berserker stance on the first push and second push will switch you back to berserker stance.

What if you have the following shield and weapon available?

- Akirus the Worm Breaker

- Bulwark of the primordial mound

With these long names u cannot fit this macro in due to the max character of 255.

Is there an addon or trick to it that makes u fit in this macro?

you could just remove the stance changing commands, all warriors should have their stances keybinded anyway..
    maybe not as of late.. blizzard ruining stancedancing, bleh
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    Hmm tried the heroic leap macro but doesn't seem to work? The green circle dissapears on the first click.

Is it possible to have a macro that cancels slam ? (Cause accidentally pushing slam when bloodsurge isn't up is really annoying).

and what about this one:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=25 Intercept, Heroic Fury.

Is there anything i need to add here? cause it just intercepts, then changes to a ? mark and stops working

cheers

this is extremely helpful thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorne69 View Post
    Hmm tried the heroic leap macro but doesn't seem to work? The green circle dissapears on the first click.

Is it possible to have a macro that cancels slam ? (Cause accidentally pushing slam when bloodsurge isn't up is really annoying).

and what about this one:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=25 Intercept, Heroic Fury.

Is there anything i need to add here? cause it just intercepts, then changes to a ? mark and stops working

cheers
    are you sure you have the talent Heroic Fury? Alot of people seem to mistake it for Heroic Leap :P

in addition, to cancel your slam casts you should just add a /stopcasting command with it

/cast Slam
    /stopcasting

This will stop casting it if you use it without bloodsurge.. but be aware, stopping a cast still procs a gcd and resets your weapon swing timer, its a dps loss if you can't learn to only use it with bloodsurge procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    are you sure you have the talent Heroic Fury? Alot of people seem to mistake it for Heroic Leap :P

in addition, to cancel your slam casts you should just add a /stopcasting command with it

/cast Slam
    /stopcasting

This will stop casting it if you use it without bloodsurge.. but be aware, stopping a cast still procs a gcd and resets your weapon swing timer, its a dps loss if you can't learn to only use it with bloodsurge procs.
    Yes i'm sure i've got the talent - At first it shows the intercept icon, when i use it the first time it will change to a '?' then after 25 secs i will see the intercept icon again. Heroic Fury will never get 'used' with this macro. Would be cool if it worked as i could spare out a hotkey and use it for something else.

Thanks for the slam macro, too bad it resets swing timer tho. But i'd still rather cancel it than have to wait till it's fully cast hehe

i changed the macro when i saw the mistake:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=25 Intercept, Heroic Fury

copy this, or just remove the . after Heroic Fury :P

Not sure if this was posted yet, but I made a neat little macro that will either Heroic Strike or Cleave.

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt] Cleave; Heroic Strike

Just saves a little space on the action bars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    i changed the macro when i saw the mistake:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=25 Intercept, Heroic Fury

copy this, or just remove the . after Heroic Fury :P
    Sweet works now any idea about the heroic leap tho? cheers!
    Last edited by mmoc41f4a4d427; 2011-01-14 at 06:27 PM.

the heroic leap macro is working perfectly fine for me, im not sure how its not working for you.

Deleted
    Strange, with or without macro i don't see any difference. oh well

Enraged Regeneration

I was wondering how to create a macro for Enraged Regeneration that would detected an enraged effect and cast Enraged Regeneraration, or would cast Berserk rage then Enraged Regeneration in the event you were not enraged.

My macro skills are very weak so any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebraiz View Post
    I was wondering how to create a macro for Enraged Regeneration that would detected an enraged effect and cast Enraged Regeneraration, or would cast Berserk rage then Enraged Regeneration in the event you were not enraged.

My macro skills are very weak so any help would be much appreciated.
    Not possible, macros cannot make decisions based on whether or not a buff is present.

Got a macro that I use as Prot:

The thing here, is that our Heavy Repercussions makes our Shield Slam hit for 100% more. Now the simple yet effective macro would be:

#showtooltip Shield Slam
    /cast Shield Block
    /cast Shield Slam
    Now, what I also noticed, is that enemies tend to go (as expected) "omg, get it off me" when you charge in. Therefore, once whatever cc you have breaks, they will try to either hold, incapacitate, fear or sleep you.(examples)
    Therefore, I have implemented the Berserker Rage into the same macro, since it has the same cooldown as Shield Block. I agree that Berserker rage might be situational, but it has worked well for me so far, and it " reminds me" to use it whenever I can.
    + being sapped by a rogue, and having 1 button to break free and activate Shield Block is not that bad either.

final macro:

#showtooltip Shield Slam
    /cast Shield Block
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /cast Shield Slam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlex View Post
    Got a macro that I use as Prot:

#showtooltip Shield Slam
    /cast Shield Block
    /cast Shield Slam

#showtooltip Shield Slam
    /cast Shield Block
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /cast Shield Slam
    Nice macros!
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-01-17 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Corrected since SB+BR are not on the GCD!

I am looking for a relatively simple macro, that I seem to be unable to find anywhere...

Basically, at the moment I have a macro which simply puts a skull on my target and charges in.

Now what I want is a macro which puts a skull on my target if it is an enemy, and charges in. If I mouseover a friendly target and hit it, I want it to intervene, without putting the skull on the target.

Is this possible? If so, how would I do this?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    I am completely unconvinced that such macros work beyond the first command of each, i.e. only Shield Block in your case. This is because all three abilities are on the global cooldown.

Even if they look like they do, it would require multiple very fast keypresses of the same button and then there's a tiny possiblity *maybe* it would queue up the second command (certainly never ever the third) due to the new queuing system. Regardless, this would also be very random and unreliable.

If by some miracle these macros fully work as stated and intended, i.e. consistently and always queuing up all three commands with a single keypress or one keypress per command, then this is a HUGE BUG and will be rectified by Blizzard asap! Can you imagine the hardest hitting regular ability of any spec being off the global cooldown, lol?

If you're going to use abilities with global cooldowns you must put them sequentially on a /castsequence.
    It's a shame you would call yourself a Protection Warrior (provided you play one).
    SB and BR ar NOT, and I repeat NOT on the GCD. IIRC they have never been. (you're right about SS though)
    Those macro's work perfectly fine.
    You could even inplement charge, SW, LS, taunt and on-use-trinket(s) in those macro's, not that it would be wise...
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maradar View Post
    It's a shame you would call yourself a Protection Warrior (provided you play one).
    SB and BR ar NOT, and I repeat NOT on the GCD. IIRC they have never been. (you're right about SS though)
    Those macro's work perfectly fine.
    You could even inplement charge, SW, LS, taunt and on-use-trinket(s) in those macro's, not that it would be wise...
    That is surprising about Shield Block and Beserker Rage. I was not aware of this, which obviously invalidates much of my post and is all you needed to point out.

Somehow I don't think NOT knowing if a non-offensive ability on cooldown is off the GCD makes any difference at all to whether you're a good prot warrior or not. Especially, if you should be using at least one of the listed abilities off-CD anyway. But thanks for your "input".

EDIT: original post corrected.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-01-17 at 02:13 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe my first sentence was too harsh, but I made my point and it has come through.
    Sorry about that, we cool ye? :P

Anyway, PROT ON!
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.