Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Introducing the Pet Store

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobim
    I fail to see how this is any different from providing special loot cards in WoW:TGC. No-one's complaining about that are they?
    Thank you for pointing that out. This is just a more reliable version of that, and people never complain about that.
    Let's Hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire
    Blizzard isn't forcing anyone to buy anything, true, but you know that there will still be a lot of people that will buy these just to feed their pet collecting hobby even after the charity thing is over...
    Every other hobby is free of charge.

Seriously, why so much whining?
    If you don't like the idea of paying real cash for a vanity pet, then don't. A vanity pet store is not the same thing as the Korean MMO's. Those offer items that do enhance gameplay by offering weapons, exp, gold, whatever. A vanity pet helps you level or play WoW any better than a player who doesn't have a vanity pet.

And if you don't like the way Blizzard conducts it's business, then shut up and cancel your subscription. It's just that simple.

Poor people trying to make themselves feel better about making bad life choices to the point where you cant afford a 10 dollar pet. I LOL at you sirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikaku
    Seriously, why so much whining?
    If you don't like the idea of paying real cash for a vanity pet, then don't. A vanity pet store is not the same thing as the Korean MMO's. Those offer items that do enhance gameplay by offering weapons, exp, gold, whatever. A vanity pet helps you level or play WoW any better than a player who doesn't have a vanity pet.

And if you don't like the way Blizzard conducts it's business, then shut up and cancel your subscription. It's just that simple.
    I can see Blizzard selling gold in the future, something I would had never said before, when I used to defend Blizzard all the time :'( :'( :'( :'(

What troubles me is that why is Little K.T not a part of the charity?

Ah well, the fact that Lil' K.T does not contribute to Make-a-wish, means that K.T is probably considered the prototype product for new stuff.

No problem with that, i don't plan on buying these pets, despite little K.T tendency to ice tomb critters and laugh. It gives me a chuckle, but chuckles are not worth ten bucks (Discount Comedian CD/DVDs please)

All in all though, if you have a problem with the pets, don't buy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

can't wait to be able to change factions/gender/race for money...oh wait..

feelin a lvl/gear/mount/rep for money inc soon.. what can greed do to people eh
    Live together, die alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobim
    I fail to see how this is any different from providing special loot cards in WoW:TGC. No-one's complaining about that are they?
    If anything, this is a massive discount from that, because you typically have to pay a couple hundred or more for a cool loot card off of ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire
    Probably...

Some of those kick ass pets that were found by this site a few weeks back are likely to be next on the Pet Store...

Those being the Corehound Pup,Wyvern Cub,Gryphon Hatchling, and the Toxic Wasteling...

It would make sense if they were all always contributing to charity, but no... seems like Blizz definitely learned from the Arena Tournament and Blizzcon Internet Stream... people will pay through the nose to get mini pets and other collectibles...

IMO they should have left the mini pets for real money thing to the TCG...
    Ooooh, I forgot about the Wyvern Cub! I hope they sell that one soon, I'd love to have it!
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Wow, I bet the price in EU is higher because they need to ship a digital product.... Or they could just hire next time someone who has elementary knowledge of economics.

Anyway, if they really wanted to give money to the charity, they could open a random devs garage and sell the first ferrari they see.

If the cash shop makes WoW f2p, I am for it. 8) Sadly, the power of mamon is unresistable.

Let's see.. You could have donated whole 10 euro, but instead you buy your self an ingame pixel.. Way to go. I just donated whole sum to charity instead of buying pet and give Blizz even more money, damn it felt awesome.

But as I mentioned before, I at least bit glad that Blizzard are finally doing something that makes difference, instead of just making ingame NPC none cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by skylla05
    This is absolutely no different than vanity items offered via the card game, except they're essentially cutting out the middle man (Upper Deck).

Don't like it? Don't buy it. Get over yourselves and realize Blizzard is a company who's first interest is to make money, not bend over backwards in light of some imaginary moral compass people only have as an excuse to throw a temper tantrum over trivial crap.

That said, some of you need to read up on "Slippery Slope".
    My thoughts EXACTLY, especially the slippery slope part.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENTHUNDER
    I can see Blizzard selling gold in the future, something I would had never said before, when I used to defend Blizzard all the time :'( :'( :'( :'(
    put it this way.... is like you trust your girlfriend and you would never think anything bad ...one day you discover she is not who you think she was, she has actually changed and wanna be like the others.

kinda breaks my heart, damn World Of Warcraft, I used to defend their every point of view, but with all these charges for this and that , I just feel like it is a free mmorpg but with montly subcription, is going that way.

This is my Free MMOs-WOW meter:

innocence (old wow)--------------------------------I---------------(free mmos) sluts

That's a pretty large gap to jump from. Mounts and stupid stuff like foam swords in a cash shop? Perhaps. More pets? Definitely. But gold? That's a pretty large leap. Blizzard knows that this alone is pretty unfavorable to alot of players. Gold selling would be even more unfavorable, I don't think they're that stupid.

Stupid, but not that stupid.

Pfft... Everyone in this thread is able to see into the future.. Dont you think you are special.

Btw. You will get fatter, less hair and less money. Dictator ghostcrawler says hi from 2017.

I know that a lot of people are opposed to paying RL cash for ingame items, but as long as they keep it to cosmetic items only, I think this is fantastic!

Much cheaper than going through boxes of trading cards hoping for one, or buying one from ebay. Pet collectors (like myself) will love this.

These items aren't essential to game play. Anyone qq-ing about 'the way Blizzard is going....', seriously, wise up. They're $10 pets for people who REALLY like pets. What harm is it doing you if we choose to buy one, and if you choose not to?

As a side-note, the monk's kung-fu moves are awesome! 8)

Just bought both of them. Make a wish is a great charity. Even if you don't want to support them by purchasing the pet please make a donation on their site. Wish.org

I just bought both pets.

Get over it.

Go go Blizz. Nice idea.
    When will you sell epics btw? this year or should we wait until Cataclysm?
    It's a shame that you can't be banned from WOW for being bad player.
    It's a shame that you can be banned for being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungen
    Banned for raiding.

ok ok

Blizzard, let me know when you are gonna start selling gold, might aswell. :-X

Don't say it too out loud or Blizzard might as well add it and introduce it as a way to stop the gold sellers "permanently". x_X