Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Introducing the Pet Store

People only bitch because they have WoW e-peen issues and will be jealous when other people are walking around with their kung-fu panda bears.

I got a RaF mount and guess what? Never use it.

I've also got tons of companion pets and guess what? Never summon them.

If you care, you need to step back and realize this is a game.

Oh, and 5$ for charity is never a bad thing. They could give me nothing and I'd still want to donate 5$ to charity, why? BECAUSE IT'S CHARITABLE YOU MORONS.

At LEAST you get a pet in game am I right?

I swear people just like to complain, and here I am now, complaining about the complainers.

Someone please complain about me and the circle of ridiculousness will be complete!

Please for hte love of Christ close and lock this thread and ban anywone who starts another one.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya
    Please for hte love of Christ close and lock this thread and ban anywone who starts another one.
    Free tip: You dont have to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqen Hghar
    Why is it that everyone here thinks capitalism is a bad thing?

98% is profit?

Bwhahaha....

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAH!!!

Dude, inform yourself on the basic principles of economics. Please. For the love of GOD.
    LOL oh my your so smart putting the word economics in your post thats a big word and shows that you are smart i will now stop posting becuse you are so ssmart and beat me in the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle
    So, don't buy it. I know it's a shocker that such a HUGE issue can be solved so easily. It's almost like... it wasn't that big of an issue...
    Better yet keep not playing World of warcraft i ave been WoW free from the day they gave out faction changes

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit
    Better yet keep not playing World of warcraft i ave been WoW free from the day they gave out faction changes
    Good, you can stop coming here and bitching now.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

LOL oh my your so smart putting the word economics in your post thats a big word and shows that you are smart i will now stop posting becuse you are so ssmart and beat me in the thread
    You didn't really offer a rebuttal.

So maybe they ARE so smart and beat ya.

If it doesn't affect you, why are you bitching about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle
    If it doesn't affect you, why are you bitching about it?
    I hate to see people like you get there money taken away its like taking candy from a baby then the baby asking you to take more, really you know know whats going on and freely give away your money and ask to give more

Anyways i am not trying to help you really i hope you buy thos pets but then on a bad day you will be wishing you didnt spend 600$ on a account you rent for $0.50

1) Make-a-Wish foundation gets money. This is good for them.
    2) Blizzard might sell more pets than they would have by stating that they will donate to MAW. This is also good for them.
    3) The pet is $10 either way. There is no additional cost to YOU at all. This does not affect you, and if you like MAW, then this is a bonus.

And the downside is... where? This is not gear. This is a vanity pet. The integrity of the game is not threatened. Plus, there are tons of ways Blizzard makes money: comic books, T-shirts, hats, etc etc etc etc etc... and no they didn't steal all their money from you. YOU willingly paid for those, too... so what's the problem? Don't like it, don't buy it. Capitalism working as intended.

Why are people SO worried about how OTHER PEOPLE spend their money? Really, why?

So you think Blizzard has really crossed the line this time, and will not spend the $10 to buy the pet. Cool.

But then you're also pissed off that other people will, and scared that Blizzard might do well on this. This is the part I don't get. It's none of your fucking business how other people use their money.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix02
    1) Make-a-Wish foundation gets money. This is good for them.
    2) Blizzard might sell more pets than they would have by stating that they will donate to MAW. This is also good for them.
    3) The pet is $10 either way. There is no additional cost to YOU at all. This does not affect you, and if you like MAW, then this is a bonus.

And the downside is... where? This is not gear. This is a vanity pet. The integrity of the game is not threatened. Plus, there are tons of ways Blizzard makes money: comic books, T-shirts, hats, etc etc etc etc etc... and no they didn't steal all their money from you. YOU willingly paid for those, too... so what's the problem? Don't like it, don't buy it. Capitalism working as intended.

Why are people SO worried about how OTHER PEOPLE spend their money? Really, why?

So you think Blizzard has really crossed the line this time, and will not spend the $10 to buy the pet. Cool.

But then you're also pissed off that other people will, and scared that Blizzard might do well on this. This is the part I don't get. It's none of your fucking business how other people use their money.
    Now can pay 15$ a month and buy pets EVERYONE WINS!!

"Oh, noes. Blizzard is making changes to "my" game - Faction Change AND a Pet Store - this is madness, MADNESS I tell you. They're also making money on their own creation, and "forces" us to pay HUGE amounts, like OVER 9000!!! How will this world end? (Rhetorical question) I might cancel my subscription because of this."

This is just how I think some people actually react to changes like this. I might be totally wrong.

Who the hell actually considers $10 to be a lot of money? Are there seriously that many children/young teens here?

Here's why your argument against microtransactions fails, and it's fairly simple, and obvious.

Blizzard has been employing a brutal method of profiteering through vanity items for years already. I speak of the WoW TCG loot items. Here we have a system where one can easily dump $250 or more in packs, and only have a small chance of getting the thing they want. As a dedicated MTG tournament player, I fully understand the unfairness of this system. The Blizzard Pet Store is actually a much smaller profit margin, because you only spend $10 on an item with 100% chance of getting said item. This system only encourages a small amount of spending, rather than continuing to dump money into packs of cards until you get the item you want. Even if one were to buy the loot card from Ebay (which is stupid, I'd rather ensure Blizzard gets the money so they can have more funding to make their game better, I continue to play it so it makes sense I'd want the game to continually improve) and hand your money to some random guy, Blizzard still made the money off of the packs that said guy acquired the card from. It's better to hand your money to Blizzard, knowing that a portion of it is going to the game you play, keeping the servers online and funding the design team, than some random guy in Pennsylvania who isn't going to do a damn thing for you. It would be nice to see the Blizzard Pet Store system applied to TCG items and maybe even Blizzcon pets as well, eliminating the random chance and the spending frenzy. Couldn't get Blizzcon tickets? It's cool, just buy the pet? Don't play the TCG? That's cool, buy the loot card item. I understand this part of the system probably won't happen, because a lot less people would play the TCG if they could go straight for the loot card items, and that would be a bad move on Blizzard's part, because they would lose profits. I'm just using it as an example to compare how much more cutthroat the TCG loot card system is, opposed to the Pet Store.

I fully support this Pet Store system, with one caveat.

I never, ever want to see items that must be earned in the game, available through this service. Gold would probably be okay, since I think it would destroy Chinese gold farmers. Why go through them and get banned or hacked when you can get it officially through Blizzard? And since people order gold regardless of the rules anyway, I don't believe it would destabilize the economy any more than the gold farmers already have. But any gear, or any item that is won through drops in the game, needs to be kept off of this service. Despite my terrible lust for Ashes of Al'ar, and despite my realization that I will most likely never own this mount, I never want the ability to buy it, and have hundreds of other people riding around "lolphoenix". There has always been a clear line between items in World of Warcraft, and this is the dividing line that separates it from most other games, games that require you to buy pretty much everything that's cool. With WoW, you can have cool weapons, cool armor, but you have to earn that. Things like Collector's Edition pets and TCG loot are basically separate, and it's a choice. You can have them, but you don't need them. That line needs to remain, between the things that you need to perform well as a character, that must be earned, or the vanity items that make people look at you, that are visually appealing but otherwise unimportant. Go ahead, if it's a vanity item, by all means, buy it. I never had an issue with people that bought TCG loot, and I don't have an issue with people that buy these pets. But if you want epic equipment, go learn to raid, hone your abilities, and earn your gear.

It's a choice people, buy them, or don't. Don't waste time whining about it. You could have spent hundreds of dollars on WoW TCG packs in the time you were whining here. Since you obviously have more of a problem with this fairer system, than you do with that.
    The fact that I even bothered to login means that somewhere on this website I saw something so mind-numbingly stupid that I was forced to actually type in my password and deal with it personally. I am not happy about this.

Wow, I am surprised to see less QQ here about this than over at MMORPG.com. You should really see the cesspool of Blizzhate that is brewing over there =P.

Really, this isn't that big of a deal, this is optional, and doesn't affect gameplay in anyway whatsoever. It's like going to a concert and complaining that they are selling T-shirts...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korialstrasz&n=Dalcybel

I hate to see people like you get there money taken away its like taking candy from a baby then the baby asking you to take more, really you know know whats going on and freely give away your money and ask to give more

Anyways i am not trying to help you really i hope you buy thos pets but then on a bad day you will be wishing you didnt spend 600$ on a account you rent for $0.50
    Yes, my money was FORCIBLY TAKEN from me, Bobby Kotick actually personally came to my house, put a gun to my head, and FORCED me to input my credit card information to buy not ONE, but TWO Pandaren Monks, one for myself and one as a surprise gift for my wife, who hadn't heard about this service yet.

We're not blind little children that you need to altruistically protect from the evil websites that MAKE us spend money on them. We have free will, if we want a pet, we fucking buy one, if we don't... well, we probably don't visit the site in the first place.

You're not some hero, stop trying to save us from perceived villainy.
    The fact that I even bothered to login means that somewhere on this website I saw something so mind-numbingly stupid that I was forced to actually type in my password and deal with it personally. I am not happy about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosrain
    Yes, my money was FORCIBLY TAKEN from me, Bobby Kotick actually personally came to my house, put a gun to my head, and FORCED me to input my credit card information to buy not ONE, but TWO Pandaren Monks, one for myself and one as a surprise gift for my wife, who hadn't heard about this service yet.

We're not blind little children that you need to altruistically protect from the evil websites that MAKE us spend money on them. We have free will, if we want a pet, we fucking buy one, if we don't... well, we probably don't visit the site in the first place.

You're not some hero, stop trying to save us from perceived villainy.
    not good at reading are you?

not good at reading are you?
    Obviously I can read, most likely better than you, seeing how my grammar and punctuation are clearly superior.

But one of those "don't do this, one day you'll regret it" posts sounds exactly like the anti-drug lectures I used to get from my father. GTFO.

Now can pay 15$ a month and buy pets EVERYONE WINS!!
    Except it's still $10. And you don't have to buy it.
    Even if they charge $15, you still don't have to buy it.
    Even if they don't give anything to Make-a-Wish (Because Blizzard is "hiding behind the charity," or whatnot), you still don't have to buy it.

I truly don't see the problem here.

Are you concerned about how other people might give in to Blizzard's tactics and give in to their evil ways? How about you just don't buy the motherfucking pet and let's end it at that.

I actually just cancelled my wow account because of this.

To all you people with more money than sense, you should have just given the money you paid straight up to a charity instead of slapping yourselves on the back about this.

I fucking hate American culture at times.

to all you mouth breathing morons: this is not the same as tcg loot cards.

they did not make and sell the card game as a way for you to buy pets and shit, if you think so you are fucking stupid. believe it or not they made the card game, wait for it for people to play and yes people play it. the loot cards are apples, buying pets for money off their site is oranges. now kindly shut the fuck up when you have no clue what you are talking about.