Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are they gonna screw Fire more?

So, they seem to nerf out Fire Specialization from 25% to 10% , while on frost and arcane from 25% to 15%?.. Whats wrong with fire? Arcane is the spec doing over 20k on ICC, and Frost is the spec that does 13k ice lances and is godmode...

I went pvp and pve fire today, i had a lot fun, seeing many nerfs makes me sad

Whats ur opinion on this?

It just makes fire less op.

They nerfed all 3 specs.
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

15+ Year Old Account
    They nerfed fire more than the others because parses like H Saurfang. 7/10 of the top WoL parses fire mages, number 1 was an arcane mage who spammed Arcane Blast and was fed winnervate.

it's fair tbh, i am complaining about my hunter critting 1.5k aimed shot on an elemental shaman so everything bad that happens to others makes me feel incredibly better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boblet View Post
    Blanket nerfs are dumb and end up fucking things over in the long run.
    It's a blanket nerf to a blanket buff. I fail to see the problem.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

They are also the easiest to revert when we go into Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    It's a blanket nerf to a blanket buff. I fail to see the problem.
    kinda hard to tell whats a buff when we arent balanced at 80

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dno, i think fire does suck if there's no adds around :|
    testing on the silvermoon (boss)dummy i had 10.5k sustained dps, in org, with the 2 dummies on it's side, 15-16k.

also, are we ment to use fire blast every cd aswell? as not using fire blast ended with me on 9k dps sustained, using it in my rotation made it go to a 10.5k sustained.
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

its not that they screwed fire we were just a little more buffed then the rest of the class since were tuned for lvl 85 i know that doesnt really make sense but in the long run they can still remove the hotfix come cata and hopefully they will

We went from being Easily #1 on the charts to easily in the top 3. I see no reason to complain, in fact, from the raiding I have done in the past 2 days, it seems blizzard it doing a pretty good job of balancing dps this early in the patch.
    Last edited by Sauveur; 2010-10-16 at 05:23 AM.
    Current main: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&cn=Thetormented

you complain about a nerf when your easily the top dps hands down. go look at all the melee right now, yeah, you COULD be us, who even after a round of buffs from blizzard are STILL behind you AFTER your nerf.
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

Deleted
    Yes we needed the nerf.. We were pulling way more dps than any other class in the game just after 4.0.1

Now, after the nerf.. We are still competing with the highest potential DPS specs in the game with both fire and arcane, so no reason to feel bad about the nerf.. Without having seen any DPS spreadsheets i am very comfortable making an assumption saying that fire mages will still be highest potential DPS in WoW atm.. With arcane following not far behind..

My dummie tests before nerf showed a sustained 14.5k dps seflbuffed as fire..
    After nerf is now around 11.5-12k ish. (17.02% hit, 51% crit, 8 mastery, 950 haste, 3200 spellpower)

So.. overall.. Fire is still the highest sustained eDPS of mage specs (arcane close followup)
    be glad about the nerf, cause this means that we are more balanced but will still top meters if we know what we are doing and does well..

(Always easy to do sick dps with sick gear, but its hard to do max potential dps with any gear lvl)

10+ Year Old Account
    Dun worry, if we complain enough they'll buff it up :3

No really as they said its prolly not final doesnt reflect the level 85 stuff. So dont panic.

We had the nerf coming, two shotting people with scorch is OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantal View Post
    it's fair tbh, i am complaining about my hunter critting 1.5k aimed shot on an elemental shaman so everything bad that happens to others makes me feel incredibly better.
    Because the game needs to be balanced solely around pvp, amirite?

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

It's exactly 15% less damage. It's an easy change to make, both implementing and taking away.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverrend View Post
    So, they seem to nerf out Fire Specialization from 25% to 10% , while on frost and arcane from 25% to 15%?.. Whats wrong with fire? Arcane is the spec doing over 20k on ICC, and Frost is the spec that does 13k ice lances and is godmode...

I went pvp and pve fire today, i had a lot fun, seeing many nerfs makes me sad

Whats ur opinion on this?
    Fire's been superior to Arcane in ICC as soon as you're full 264 or better, perhaps you should learn more about your class before complaining, let alone speaking on temporary balancing issues that will be reverted or less harsh in Cataclysm at 85.

And as for your "20k" statement, I've seen a fire mage prior to the nerf this week open up on the LK at 35k dps, and that's with waiting a good 10-15 seconds to be sure that he didn't pull off the tank once Mirror Image was over.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaw View Post
    kinda hard to tell whats a buff when we arent balanced at 80
    by that logic its hard to tell whats a nerf as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis View Post
    And as for your "20k" statement, I've seen a fire mage prior to the nerf this week open up on the LK at 35k dps, and that's with waiting a good 10-15 seconds to be sure that he didn't pull off the tank once Mirror Image was over.
    I've opened up on LK at 58k DPS, even after the first round of nerfs. Need to take AOE damage into account. Combustion+Impact on LK = lolololOP, regardless of how much they nerf fire.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.