Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: 01/05 Hotfixes (Part 2), Blue posts

Occulus clearly needs to drop frost emblems upon entering and free T10 quality cloaks if you complete it without being a retard.

The whisper fix is interesting not only to be able to tell ppl (noobs) privately to stop noobing, but it gives a promise of cross-realm chat. Soon we'll have cross-realm friends list and we can whisper them at will, anytime. Let's just hope it isn't limited to battlegroups at the time it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by phai
    For sure I did. But never had any reasons to whisper someone though.
    It's nice for sure, but not as "interesting" as other things that might get hotfixed
    I guess you're either one of the people who completely ignore when others need help with their class/spec/role, or start backtalking them rather than helping.

A lot of people have been wishing for this feature to be added for a long time, seeing as when you try to wrtie advice to someone in party chat, there's usually some jerk who's going to pick up on that and start crying n00b and l2p. With whispers you can prevent that. Sure, some people might be too stubborn to listen, but at least you tried, and you're more likely to get ignored than the person leaving the group.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane
    I guess you're either one of the people who completely ignore when others need help with their class/spec/role, or start backtalking them rather than helping.
    Completely wrong, I'm the guy who plays his char and let others do their job but helps if someone asks to.
    So I don't care if some party members do shit, I just keep playing. No reason to whisper anyone.

To those complaining about Bloodlust/Heroism drums and Shaman raid spots.
    If you've ever been in, or seen, a competent raid group with more than 1 Shaman, its obvious that Bloodlust isn't the only reason to bring a Shaman.

I can't even count how many times i've gotten raid spots strictly because of BL. Our totes are a complete joke anymore. Can't drop MS cause it clashes with BOW. Fire and Frost resist can't just as easily be replaced with a pally aura. If they're going to take the best thing about shamans and make it generic at least buff our crappy totems.

Also....can't wait to see how many retards blow BL at horrible times such as two pulls before boss, in the cave in AV, wrong phases on fights, etc.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)

• Players can now send a whisper to a player from another realm that is currently in their party.
    THANK YOU!!
    ffs it was annoying, so many retards, and there were often a time where I wanted to speak to one person withou tthe others having to hear it..
    Yay! Rankwatch can finally get the message across to the morons!!
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux
    I really don't mind the faster drakes in Oculus. A 15 minutes instance is now a 10 minute isntance. I love it blizzard. 10 minutes, 8 Triumph. Best Instance in WotLK.
    I don't like oculus.
    Poor design - vihicle fights...
    And yes - I've got all achievments done a lot of times pre nerf - played every role and instructed a lot of newbies what they should or should't do. Still that "it's easy now" changes in no way my opinion on the oculus -> I don't like it!

-I don't need that drake - allready got 100 mounts and a bunch of 310% mounts...
    -I don't need thriumph badges... (I'm doing this for the extra two frost badges - they are mandatory atm)

why should I play this instance?! I'll allways drop out of grp if it pops up... If the grp really want to play it - a dps slot is filled quickly...

10+ Year Old Account

This is all nice except the Oculus nerf. I mean, its not that hard. Most of the ppl leaving Oculus are those guys that never actually went there and still think its hard, U have 3/4 buttons, u smash them all, big deal.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Esinem
    I can't even count how many times i've gotten raid spots strictly because of BL. Our totes are a complete joke anymore. Can't drop MS cause it clashes with BOW. Fire and Frost resist can't just as easily be replaced with a pally aura. If they're going to take the best thing about shamans and make it generic at least buff our crappy totems.

Also....can't wait to see how many retards blow BL at horrible times such as two pulls before boss, in the cave in AV, wrong phases on fights, etc.
    if it makes you feel better, i appreciate wrath of air totems. it may just be a 0.1 second reduction in cast time but it's still a reduction nonetheless.

It does make me feel a lil better lol

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You didn't run enough cross realms dungeons. Also, it helps using Rankwatch without humiliating people in group chat and making them leave.
    Dude, that's the best part of RankWatch!

Deleted

Almost wished they did make bloodlust drums. Would make shamans so utterly unwanted and maybe then they would no longer have any reason to keep us so god damn gimped.
    It would also be funny just because they would give such an iconic ability to pretty much any leatherworker. Talk about having no respect for their own property.
    Honestly it theirs and they can do with it what they choose but in the long run there is going to be a price to pay. Many iconic gamedevelopers and market leaders have fallen over the years and Blizzard is not immune. As long as corporate and the artistic people can keep eachother in line they should be fine though.

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Lady Deathwhisper 25-man nerf
    I was going to reply but this summed things up pretty well. A lot of players killed Lady Deathwhisper, but a lot of people also struggled with it which wasn't the intent. These changes did not impact on the heroic version though changes may be made down the road on those as they start to see some action. (Source)
    This just makes me go "wtf?!?" ... A boss in the endgame Tier10 raid content is not intended to have people struggle?! Why not just put a cache in that room with free epics and a sign reading "CBA to get facerolled by morons unable to press three buttons in succession, come meet me in heroic if you want to make out. - Love, Lady D."
    Man we oneshotted that encounter in our first ever pug (after wiping 11 times on Marrowgar - yes, we really were that bad :P), holy cow.
    Y'know, ib4 "we pay the same as y.. blabla": I have never been to a heroic raid in WoTLK as I don't have the time for 3-6 raid evenings per week, but I still want a challenge! If raiding normal modes boils down to facerolling everything then why have them in at all? So "even casuals can see all content"? Screw that. I want to not only see all the content, I want to feel it, too. This is effing Ice Crown Citadel, home of countless horrors capable of destroying all life on Azeroth if let loose. Way to go to "see" that part of the content ("lore") when you breeze through it while brain-afking.

TL;DR: Damn bads QQing about oh-so-hard raiding are ruining my gaming experience as a casual. Why not put up ilvl261 vendors in Dalaran if raiding is "not intended to make you struggle"?

/rant

Honestly thinking about the recent nerfs to Occulus is that...maybe Occulus isn't hard but its so darn annoying to players that its worth to wait the 15 mintues + waiting in line again to reque for another dungeon then to have to go through that hassle. I did H-Occulus on my shadow priest one week after WoTLK hit and it was confusing, but we made it through. Although...this was with friends/family and not a PuG. I honestly stay in every Occulus random I get and I've never wiped or had bad players in that instance. HOWEVER, just the fact that I cannot play as MY character but a stupid drake is what really bothers me about that place. IF they ever nerfed it so that you fight ON your drake as your character instead then WOW that would make me just run Occulus. "look at me! I'm a dwarf warrior riding on a drake slammin your face!".

Thousands of people complained about this instance and instead of removing it from the random ques or all-together they nerfed it a bit to help people out. So all you guys complaining about it being nerfed are in the minority. It's a good change so don't worry about it...Occulus won't/hardly be entered anymore once Cataclysm hits anyways.
    --

As for shamans...I'm really glad in WoTLK they nerfed a lot of their stuff (Bloodlust with the debuff) as I was always thrown out on my holy paladin in BT/Sunwell for a resto shaman for certain fights and I was really angry. It really unfair to bring a bunch of shamans just so you can constantly bloodlust, so that change was for the better. Though that doesn't mean nobody likes them anymore, my shaman is always welcomed in groups as she does good DPS, helpful totems and does offer BL if there isn't another shaman doing it.

And about Lady Deathwhisper...this is normal mode guys, not heroic. Blizzard wants everyone to experience ICC/Lich King so stop being all elitist and save your complaining if they nerf heroic modes.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50708
    Last Word with no 'the'
    Main: Shantál <Apex>- EU-Al'akir 13/13 HC since Feb 15th '11; 7/7 HC since Aug 18th '11; 8/8 HC since Jan 3rd '12
    Alts: Zeroday <Apex>- EU-Al'akir / Vitiation <Apex>- EU-Al'akir

Shantál vs Alysrazor HEROIC solo [click]

Recent In-Game Fixes - January 2010 - 01/05 (Part 2)
    • The Oculus had some additional changes made. The Planar Anomlies during the Eregos encounter will have a shorter duration and do reduced damage, some of the drakes above Varos’s platform have been removed, and the drakes controlled by players will move a little faster.
    YES! this change was absolutely needed. Those drakes around Varo's caused way too many wipes. Faster drakes wont hurt either.

that comment bout deathwisper made me laugh loudly. I hate Blizz for what they are doing there, it totally ruins every sense of achievement in the game. Nothing to add, it is just shit!

I wonder when they will fix icecrown phasing issues. If you've done all the quests, you can't see the assault ^^

10+ Year Old Account

I agree that nerfing ICC is just wrong. Keep it challenging, it wont hurt anyone.