Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Festergut tuned like shit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya
    Rotface is harder I would say. Situational awareness played a bigger part in Rotface then Festergut, and mistakes are easier to make (ie. run back in too early).
    Run back to early? Can't see a small slime beating on you?

We got festergut on our 6th attempt with half the raid not seeing Tankspot or looking the fight up before hand, we took 2 healers, 2 tanks and 6 DPS and managed it with some room to spare, I actually really enjoyed the fight alot, we are a 10man guild and not a single one of us had any 25 ICC drop gear(some crafted and vendor items tho) so it is possible in 10man purely in 10man gear and 2 healers. Rotface is another matter tho.... 10wipes and a healer needing to goto bed means we try again another day

We did Festergut 10 man easiliy with a couple of wipes, 3-4 wipes and we havent done it before. All we did was check out abilities and check out a video..

From my experience 10 man version seems to be tuned for players in 25ToC/10ToGC gear. Our OT was in mostly 10ToC and 3 pieces of 25ToC gear and was always on the edge with a disc priest and holy pally in full 25ToC/10ToGC gear. Seems blizzard did not want all the 25 man guilds to face-roll the new 10 man bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementology
    Run back to early? Can't see a small slime beating on you?
    Not a slime beating on you fool I mean if you run back in too early after the explosion. I only saw one person do this in our run, but then again it was just an example.

Besides if you plan it right a Slime (excluding the first one) should never be on a person longer then a few seconds. I think running back into a explosion would be far easier then with a slime, and I would imagine Melee with a close camera would be very acceptable to this.

15+ Year Old Account

It was very nice to whipe again, it really was. We got him down after some fine tuning on tactics. Intensive but fun fight, more fights like this please!

WTF I'M IN 5/5 i232 T9 AND CAN'T DOWN HIM, BLIZZ FIX

We Killed Festergut 25 wit only 5 healers (6th healer got a disconnect)
    It isnt hard at all 2 tankhealers @ first Inhale
    3 " @ 2nd Inhale
    4 " @ 3rd Inhale

Got him down to 7% on our first night, too many dps died towards the end otherwise we would've had it. We'll get him tonight.

so if my guild solo tanks and two heals marrowgar....should we have a problem with this?

People who QQ about it are simply spoiled because Blizzard catered them too much in the past tiers. The bosses are actually well-tuned and I enjoyed the challenge of downing them. Unfortunately, they're going to be nerfed hard very soon, considering how they made Lady Deathwhisper a bad joke (who at least was a killer of fail pugs).

Didnt find it overly hard but i can see this fight getting nerfed within 2 weeks. Also like most of the guilds that got it down, server first, world 4th according to wowprogress.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

15+ Year Old Account

It really is amazing - people for over a year complaining bosses are too easy, then complaining they are too hard.

At time of writing:

Festergut (25): 1043 (3.05%)
    Rotface (25): 862 (2.52%)

So obviously neither of them are too hard.

We killed him 7th attempt. Learn to tweak tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by aed01
    This is not what I call a fun fight at least, it's constant spam healing.
    Oh noes - you're going to have to stop using MSN and watching pr0n whilst raiding! NERF!

took 4 attempts for us to kill him with 38secs till enrage

I think we killed him on our second or third try, but we didn't experiencce the DPS requirement as particularly troublesome provided people wern't stupid and didn't get themselves killed.

I was actually hoping it'd be a little tighter, it's been a while since there has been a fight with a pressing enrage timer, but I guess there's Hard Modes for that.

Overall though, quite a nice boss, could possibly be killed with a moderately geared pug (so just give it a few weeks while people rake up more high ilvl gear.)

Took us a few attempts on 10 and 25 but all up a very nice fight, I rather like the spore and the exhale. Very nice fight, well tuned and gives you enough space to have your dps on their toes.
    (our kill was 5secs before enrage lol ^_^)
    Noodles and Coke, diet of the raider. Found what he was after, after nearly 3months.

he is very well tuned.

- 7 healers
    - 3 tanks
    - 3rd or 4th try
    -> down after enrage rly funny

Easy boss is easy.

you neo-scrubs, go poop!

Have to agree that he is well-tuned. We went in blind (no videoes, no tactics, didn't know what abilities he had and ofc no PTR) and got down the tactics after some wipes. Had some people AFK'ing and going MIA, so rotface and putricide will have to wait till sunday and I'm looking forward to it. Oh did I mention that the lag was hilariously bad?

Will probably be a PUG killer until good gear get even more easily accessible, festergut is a gear check after all.