Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Nibelung for balance: Take 2

Quote Originally Posted by Garnik
    I just replaced my ToC 10 staff, Illumination with Nibelung last night, and the first big thing was that i didn't have to think much about juggling with the caps, since i was allready ~100 haste overcapped, so i'm sitting at 405 Haste now.
    Plus more SP.
    Plus some decent Val'kyrs.
    It is nice to hear that im not onlyone thinking that haste is overcapped when you wrath cast is less than 1 sec after crit. sure it helps still but i rather take something else instead of it.

Deleted

One of our moonkin alts got it, and it was about 1% of his DPS on normal 25 Twins.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sholva
    It is nice to hear that im not onlyone thinking that haste is overcapped when you wrath cast is less than 1 sec after crit. sure it helps still but i rather take something else instead of it.
    Haste isn't hardcapped at 400, only softcapped, you still benefit from haste, just not as much.
    And i'm sitting at 850 Crit right now, 1050 if my Idol is on, so i guess i'm around the Soft crit cap soon.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

Deleted

Haste over cap is still good, guys. Don't discard haste completely :P But, haste (and more importantly, crit) when you are below the cap is arguably much better. I have a few more percentages of crit to run on, now that i switched to Nibelung. For that alone, it seems like a decent choice as long as the Valkyrs does the damage that we would have gotten from the stats.

We had a good, classic raid yesterday. TOTGC, TOTC, weekly raid (Anub'Rakhan) and even VOA. I had Nibelung up for the entire night:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...um/damageDone/

Quickly looking at logs for all kills, they have done an effective DPS if 365,8 across all fights. This varies a lot, ofcourse, since proccing two will double their effective DPS, and proccing none will.. well, suck. I noted that overall, my position on the meters was very comfortable (except for Jaraxxus. I sucked on him this week for some reason )

So, a few observations:

Icehowl is a Valkyr killer. I think i procced Valkyrs just before the Cassive Mrash twice, and each jump simply kills them off immediately.

Jaraxxus is death. I had a Valkyr up when i got Legion Flames. I run away, Valkyr stays put, barbecued angel-demon for everyone. Infernal jumps to me, Valkyr dies. I think i even saw it take a chain lightning as well, which is simply fatal for them (could potentially be dangerous).

It procs a lot on Faction Champions - well, thats probably because I have a habit of using starfall on that fight, once a few of them are under control (the initial fall does full damage, its only the splash that gets diminished).

On Twin Valkyrs, we use the Cheezy Door Strat for heroic, so it was quite difficult to keep track of them. I had one alive when the fight ended, though, and I am suprised to see on WOL that i had an uptime of 102 seconds, meaning either two Valkyrs for a full duration, or 51 that died after two seconds. So for all the AOE damage, they seemed fine. Oddly enough, on Twins normal, I had an uptime of 16 seconds, so they were obviously killed by something.

Anub is uninteresting, but may be difficult on heroic. I dont know if he leeches from the Valkyrs. Will have to check sunday, when we finally get back to Anub :P

So overall, i am quite pleased. It seems that it is meeting the DPS requirements *most of the time*, compared to if we would be using conventional items, but I would like to see some more consistancy in the uptime. Maybe just high procrate with internal cooldown? Charges that you gain by doing x, and those fire off a Valkyr? I dont know, but it IS quite fun when we proc more than one at the same time :P