Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: why REFUSE to buff??

I have a pally alt that I run all the time for 5 mans and sometimes I raid with him as well. I've never refused to buff anyone in a 5 man honestly it's the cost of a reagent that does not cost alot to begin with. I have however run into pallies and priests that do refuse to buff in 5 mans even when asked nice it's nothing but no I'm not buffing just go.

For pallies with PP it's honestly not hard to buff unless you have to change pp around even then it only takes a few seconds. I just don't get some people though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot
    Yea, who has 1.5 -3 or maybe even 7.5 seconds to spare in the case of a paladin. It's not like you can just cast the buffs while running in for the first pull, or between each pull!

If you want to be lazy, just leave it at "because I don't care." Trying to say it has anything to do with time just shows you're too stupid to walk and do anything else at the same time even in a video game.
    It has everything to do with time when some dickweed is holding up the instance run BAWWWWing because they don't get a little pixelated icon to rub one off to when everyone else wants to get the damn thing over with asap. I'd say try wrapping your self-righteous head around that one but you strike me as the kind of assmunch that holds up groups for the sake of an insignificant buff (see, I can make wild accusations of your character too).

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbomcnasty
    It has everything to do with time when some dickweed is holding up the instance run BAWWWWing because they don't get a little pixelated icon to rub one off to. I'd say try wrapping your self-righteous head around that one but you strike me as the kind of assmunch that holds up groups for the sake of a buff (see, I can make wild accusations of your character too).
    Hmm, spend X amount of time fighting with guy who wants a buff or 1.5 seconds giving him the buff. GEE that's a tough choice. "Whaaa, I don't want to waste time. I shall prove this point by wasting time fighting about a buff instead of just giving it." You're right that you can throw around wild accusations. Too bad my accusation was based on something you actually said. That you think buffing is a waste of time. The logical conclusion of that is that you're too stupid to realize it costs a grand total of ZERO POINT ZERO seconds to do if you have half a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharaki
    You mean MIGHT (BoM) to melee dps if there isnt warrior in party. Yes, it seems to be that hard to buff ;D
    Kings is better for some people. Kings benefits everyone. So, kings on everyone works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by EreWH
    Well, it's pretty annoying if someone just goes 'Buff me' or 'BUFF ME!!!11!!'
    If they ask kindly, I give them their kings. It just makes me feel like some tool if they just shout like that, as if I'm only there to buff them.
    just cos he asks for a buff without the 'pls' doesn't mean he's not right and you're not wrong. you've got a duty to buff and you should do it. there's no explanation as to why you wouldn't buff someone, especially a no-reagent buff.

Whenever I'm on my priest I buff people immediately. When I cba to use reagents I just buff them with 30min boohoo.

I've encountered COUNTLESS paladins who don't buff. Actually, only paladins don't feel like buffing! Twats

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    I view it as my contribution to evolution.
    Best argument ever for letting people die. Go Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I never said Ret was faceroll, I said your bitching is a mirror image to that entire community's attitude. You'd fit in well over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    I'd never send death threats, because it is just a game.

However, if I ever met the guy at Blizzard responsible for murlocs ... I think I'd slug him. Just one hard punch to the face ... while yelling WHARBLGARBLGARBLGARBLGARBL!!

You mean MIGHT (BoM) to melee dps if there isnt warrior in party. Yes, it seems to be that hard to buff ;D
    Most pallys I have come across just bless kings on everyone unless you ask. I dont really bother if they dont when I'm healing on my resto druid, my mana regen is decent enough to never be oom, or if i get close then I have innervate and never ending mana pot to fall back on. Dont see any point in not buffing the dps or tank though, it just makes things go smoother. And if its any of the newer heroics, I'd expect full buffs then. Always ask politely people, and give them a chance before screaming "OMG BUFF!" at them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

The difference in damage between might & kings is pretty small, the difference in survival is pretty big. I generally only give melee/hunters BoM if their gear is such junk that kings isn't going to do much for them.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gankenstein
    Actually, only paladins don't feel like buffing! Twats
    i've encountered multiple: warriors who don't shout, DKs who don't HoW, mages who don't buff or trade water.

cause they can

I always give greater blessings in 5 mans, without exception. The problem is my guild requires pally power so I took the blessings off my bars to free up the spaces so it might take me a moment to get everything arranged correctly. Normally the first thing I do when I log on everyday is my daily random and if I raided the night before pally power is still set to me giving wisdom to everyone. So I would honestly appericate a quick second to change it around so the tank is getting kings, physical dps is getting might and the casters are getting kings. If it is a pally tanking, I generally give him kings and then ask him to budget buff wisdom on me (unless the shaman is dropping mana spring because the tank wont have imp wisdom) so I can benefit from both. I am always polite about it and if they cant be bothered I will either wisdom myself or just deal with kings, its not a big deal.

Do I need buffs to get through the heroic? No but it is common courtesy to buff your party and I don't care if they are the budget buffs because every other class in the game already has 30 minutes budget buffs and hour long greater buffs (excluding shaman, DKs and warriors). Am I going to stand there and refuse to do what my assigned role is? No but I might be so quick on the up take when you are getting wailed on, excluding the tank cause I really don't want the repair bill.

And, in my experiences it isn't paladins that are the lazy buffers. It is mages by far. Whenever I get H HoR as my random, and there is a mage in the group, I will ask for AI because this is the most challenging instance to heal as a paladin, so every little bit helps. Sometimes, when I didn't get a chance to stock up on water I ask for a stack of strudels and they cant be bothered to conjure an extra stack for me. Can I get by without these little perks? Of course but again common courtesy.

You are that guy who makes me Buff only small Blessings and only rarely. You get a Buff, if you dont like it, not my Problem. I have absolutly NO interest looking who "could" want what buff. You get Kings, thats it. I hate those idiots who constantly scream for a buff. Even in Raids you get those Retards.
    There are LOTS of Feral druids who dont Get that you can have Kings, Might AND Wisdom, no they Constantly screw with the Poor Paladin who Buffs Wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Macbrea
    Can I get by without these little perks? Of course but again common courtesy.
    It shouldn't be called common courtesy anymore, it's at least rare and soon may be legendary

[quote=Azyoulike ]
    It shouldn't be called common courtesy anymore, it's at least rare and soon may be legendary

:-[ you skipped epic.

[Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black]

- You buff because it's your duty to provide the raid with as much advantage as possible.
    - You do not wait to be asked to buff.
    - You do not expect a thanks
    - You do it because by buffing everyone, you are not only helping yourself for a smoother run, you are helping everyone else too.
    - Learn your class and buff
    - There is no reason not too, and every reason to

edit - Also, because i often play in top 100 guilds (best being world 16th), i take it for granted that people have the common sense to just sort it out for themselves.

If you are unsure what and how to buff, you ask people what they would like.

Believe me, if you are in any kind of good guild and people are frequently asking you to buff them, you would last 2 raids at the most, then be kicked for not knowing your class.
    I have a good idea, why don't you contribute to something here....It would be a whole lot better than getting pressure induced nose bleeds and nerd raging durrn durrrns in your posts :-*

I'm a holy paladin, so paladins get wisdom, everyone else gets kings, I cba to fuck with PP every run because some shamen/druid/paladins want might and others want wisdom (I'm always the healer so /care) and then to tweak it again because we have a warrior, too much effort for me, that's why I rolled a fucking paladin in the first place, I wanted an alt but I didn't want to put any effort into it.

Whining for buffs will not help your case, if you ask properly there's a 5% chance I'll listen, but if I see pls, plz, plix, omg, zomg, stfu, nub, noob or any other childspeak, you'll get no buff at all. The same goes for anyone that asks for buffs before I've even zoned in and I load up just to see 3 lines already demanding that I buff them.

The best part is, if you keep on bothering me, I will then take the time out of my busy schedule to fuck with you, i.e you will recieve a 15 minute buff that is the exact opposite of what you asked for, this buff will be refreshed as and when I find it amusing. If you continue to whine, I will then buff you with the one you want, only to override it with the one you didn't as soon as we enter combat again and see how long it takes you to notice. If/when you do notice, the merry cycle will repeat again.

If you are a melee dps you may also find that whining for buffs makes me fat finger my HoP hotkey while my mouse is hovering over your little box on Grid, sorry, its the stress caused by having to listen to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbomcnasty
    It has everything to do with time when some dickweed is holding up the instance run BAWWWWing because they don't get a little pixelated icon to rub one off to when everyone else wants to get the damn thing over with asap. I'd say try wrapping your self-righteous head around that one but you strike me as the kind of assmunch that holds up groups for the sake of an insignificant buff (see, I can make wild accusations of your character too).
    This isn't about epeening at all.

If a paladin takes 5 seconds of his time to buff the 5 man group, the whole group is done 2 minutes faster.
    You don't need to be an f'ing math genius to see that that's a pretty damn good investment.

If you're lazy just buff everyone with kings, thats fine. But saying it has no effect is the dumbest thing i've heard in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    The difference in damage between might & kings is pretty small, the difference in survival is pretty big. I generally only give melee/hunters BoM if their gear is such junk that kings isn't going to do much for them.
    All retpallies, holypaladins with 51-0-20 and even some prot paladins (its good spec if guild is lacking it) has Greater Might. Not counting hc HoR, survivability isn't issue and if it is, having some blessings doesn't help much. DPS difference between greater might and kings is notable, as much as being with or without kings.

Does heroic need it, no. Can I dps heroic naked, yes. Can I complete heroics while dpsing naked, yes. Does heroic go faster with gear, yes. Does heroic go even faster with buffs, yes. "If I don't need buff that gives me 30% more AP, can I remove all other AP giving gear as well..?" (just example, remember that not all people in heroics are t10 geared and those buffs actually contribute alot of group dps)

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster
    You are that guy who makes me Buff only small Blessings and only rarely. You get a Buff, if you dont like it, not my Problem. I have absolutly NO interest looking who "could" want what buff. You get Kings, thats it. I hate those idiots who constantly scream for a buff. Even in Raids you get those Retards.
    Even in raids you get those retards like you. For example 4 paladins with imp.bom, all refusing to buff it "You get a Buff, if you dont like it, not my Problem" all blessing kings and no furywarrior to do shout.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Quote Originally Posted by FightClub777
    if you are unsure what and how to buff, you ask people what they would like.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

All retpallies, holypaladins with 51-0-20 and even some prot paladins (its good spec if guild is lacking it) has Greater Might. Not counting hc HoR, survivability isn't issue and if it is, having some blessings doesn't help much. DPS difference between greater might and kings is notable, as much as being with or without kings.

Does heroic need it, no. Can I dps heroic naked, yes. Can I complete heroics while dpsing naked, yes. Does heroic go faster with gear, yes. Does heroic go even faster with buffs, yes. "If I don't need buff that gives me 30% more AP, can I remove all other AP giving gear as well..?" (just example, remember that not all people in heroics are t10 geared and those buffs actually contribute alot of group dps)
    Even in raids you get those retards like you. For example 4 paladins with imp.bom, all refusing to buff it "You get a Buff, if you dont like it, not my Problem" all blessing kings and no furywarrior to do shout.
    Not many paladins rock 51/0/20. There's no reason to. The extra overheal/mana efficiency is not worth the better shielding and utility.

The difference between kings and even improved might is not nearly as significant as you make it out to be except at low gear levels. It's certainly not enough to justify demanding every paladin dick around with pally power for every instance.

On my ret pallie (yes, fun alt only, I don't care much for paladin tanking or healing) I do one greater kings blessing, if people don't like it then it's a ten minute thing as I can't be bothered more than that. When I try to do something different it turns up to be some rogue whining about might with battle shout or a mage for widson with a mana totem, so I gave up. I want kings, so everyone has kings. If they ask otherwise then fine - that's a ten minute wisdom, I don't have a lot of mana and 10 minutes is all a heroic takes so I don't care if its "cheap" as I buffed once already.

I couldn't care less if other people buff or not as frankly its as silly as people asking for a table or linking damage meters; you aren't there long enough to do enough damage to show anything aside from burst or sit down and eat.

Back in TBC a friend of mine just started giving Light to everyone just because he got so sick of over 9000 different blessings and the amount of people demanding different stuff for different specs. So yes, kings is nice, everyone gets kings.