Thread: MWC vs DMC

MWC vs DMC

I've looked around the forums i can't seem to find a definitive answer. I currently have the normal VPLC and im torn from either using the MWC or DMC until i can get my hands on the H mirror. I'm also an engineer with the glove tinker. What would you guys use MWC vs DMC with & without the glove tinker. I'm deciding on whether or not to change my profession to something else as well.

Thanks & sorry for the trouble!

Since you're an engineer, DMC wins.
    MWC cannot be used at the same time as glove tinker, and so is devalued.

This is more for the benefit of others who read, but if you didn't have the glove tinker;
    1) DMC (When you need to reforge the mastery to hit, if the rest of your gear doesn't hit cap you)
    2) MWC
    3) DMC without the need to reforge to hit.

Thank you for clearing that up!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erdnk/advanced

here is my armory. i use vplc and moonwell and they work amazing for my. i loose dps with dmc card over these trinkets. hope this helps.

Normal VPLC is worse than any of those
    DMC + MWC is the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Normal VPLC is worse than any of those
    DMC + MWC is the way to go.
    Please, don't post incorrect information. Norm VPLC is better than both.

Quote Originally Posted by AK0 View Post
    I've looked around the forums i can't seem to find a definitive answer. I currently have the normal VPLC and im torn from either using the MWC or DMC until i can get my hands on the H mirror. I'm also an engineer with the glove tinker. What would you guys use MWC vs DMC with & without the glove tinker. I'm deciding on whether or not to change my profession to something else as well.

Thanks & sorry for the trouble!
    DMC no doubt. Someone simmed the same thing, and even without engineer, the DMC will come out on top. If you are engineer the choice is even easier, as the activate on your gloves dont work that well with the MWC use. (you'd want it all to sync during burn/AP)

---------- Post added 2011-08-24 at 07:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eschatonin View Post
    Please, don't post incorrect information. Norm VPLC is better than both.
    This is true.

I've made A LOT of simulations.
    VPLC + DMC; action priority list was changed so it was using engineering tinker with the burn phase.
    MWC + DMC; action priority list was changed so it was using MWC with the burn phase and engi tinker after that on cd;
    VPLC + MWC; reforged to be a bit closer to hit cap, tried several reforging options (tested all of them, each test = 25000 iterations);

the results were quite obvious: DMC+MWC > DMC+VPLC >>>> MWC+VPLC
    In other words, DMC is WAY better than both of them, and DMC+MWC combo is a bit better than DMC+VPLC.

Test it yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

There was extensive testing done on each top trinket combo a while ago, all tests assuming hit cap from the rest of your gear;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post12658782

Now, yes you're correct if you actually need to use DMC for hit. You shouldn't have to this tier, especially in Firelands normal mode gear, and definately not with any part of the legendary.

DMC remains the top reforgable trinket.

---------- Post added 2011-08-24 at 09:27 AM ----------

Just thought as well, it could also depend on your gear. I've found equipping VPLC, the value of crit had gone up a little bit, even above mastery until certain levels.

So, always test your own character on Simcraft. If you don't own the trinkets in question, upload your character to Rawr, equip what you want to test and regem/reforge accordingly, save as file and upload that to a SimC.