Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Rate the healing priest above you.

Your a disc priest and you have 12 yellow gems, all of which have 12sp and 10 int except for 1 with haste. You have 31k base mana, I highly recommend swapping ALL of your gems for red sp gems. I doubt you ever even have to use mana pots / hymn of hope / shadowfiend or an innervate. Even if you did this you'd only be losing 110int which translates into like 2000 mana. You'd still be at like 29k base, and you'd be almost doubling your sp bonus from gems.

Btw, for your blue gems you have 3 with +5mp5 so that's 15mp5 which is really 3 mana a second which over a 5 min fight would equate to like 900 mana. That's like 1 extra spell per fight, and considering your obscene amounts of intel I highly doubt your getting the majority of your mana regen from anything other than replenish.

As for your talents, you have 1/3 absolution which again is to save you mana and you already have obscene amounts of it. You could drop that point and 1 out of grace and the 3 out of renew and put them in spell warding or divine fury and benefit a lot more. I don't see which other healer or healers your healing with in your raids so I'd have a hard time telling you exactly how I'd play it. But, I was consistently doing 2 man heals in ICC for the first 6 bosses for the last 4 weeks as disc and I was responsible for main tank healing. Flash Heal and Penance was enough to keep the tanks alive on festergut so I didn't see a point in divine fury and going for greaters. Your mileage may be diff but I found renew to be a wasted cooldown and just went for the extra survivability with spell warding.

My info:

http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...name=Rickytick

I'm in a 10 man guild where I consistently 2 heal the first 6 encounters with a holy pally, blood council and queen we've been doing with 3 healers and the 3rd being a resto druid. We're not strict about it, we don't mind the 25 man loot I have and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Waddy
    My info:

I'm in a 10 man guild where I consistently 2 heal the first 6 encounters with a holy pally, blood council and queen we've been doing with 3 healers and the 3rd being a resto druid. We're not strict about it, we don't mind the 25 man loot I have and such.
    Are you main spec shadow? You have quite a few DPS items. Also, your haste is wicked low for holy. I run around 900 unbuffed right now, and I'm not stacking it to the extreme. You're also running with a very traditional GH/FH centric spec, without the t10 four piece. I know it's getting changed, but currently it seems to be built around specs/playstyles such as yours. As far as your gear goes, I'd try to get the wand from ToC 10, preferably heroic. The Maghari Cheiftans staff from Saurfang 10 would really help your haste as well as not being a DPS weapon. Another thing that would up your haste considerably is gemming 12 SP/10 haste in all your red/yellow sockets. It might be different in a 10 man strict guild, but my heals would be 90% overheal if I was trying to Flash Heal with that low amount of haste in either my 25s or 10s. 6/10

Here's my armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...own&cn=Caetlan

I heal ten mans with a resto druid and a resto shaman. If we need another DPS, the resto shaman goes ele, and I go disc.
    My 25 man healing comp is a little more flexible. We usually have 1 disc priest, 1 holy paladin, 1 resto druid, 1 resto shaman and 2 holy priests (including me). I build my gear entirely around having all available 25 man buffs, and using all my mana CDs on pretty much every fight, so my regen looks crazy low on my character sheet.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Waddy
    Your a disc priest and you have 12 yellow gems, all of which have 12sp and 10 int except for 1 with haste. You have 31k base mana, I highly recommend swapping ALL of your gems for red sp gems. I doubt you ever even have to use mana pots / hymn of hope / shadowfiend or an innervate. Even if you did this you'd only be losing 110int which translates into like 2000 mana. You'd still be at like 29k base, and you'd be almost doubling your sp bonus from gems.

Btw, for your blue gems you have 3 with +5mp5 so that's 15mp5 which is really 3 mana a second which over a 5 min fight would equate to like 900 mana. That's like 1 extra spell per fight, and considering your obscene amounts of intel I highly doubt your getting the majority of your mana regen from anything other than replenish.

As for your talents, you have 1/3 absolution which again is to save you mana and you already have obscene amounts of it. You could drop that point and 1 out of grace and the 3 out of renew and put them in spell warding or divine fury and benefit a lot more. I don't see which other healer or healers your healing with in your raids so I'd have a hard time telling you exactly how I'd play it. But, I was consistently doing 2 man heals in ICC for the first 6 bosses for the last 4 weeks as disc and I was responsible for main tank healing. Flash Heal and Penance was enough to keep the tanks alive on festergut so I didn't see a point in divine fury and going for greaters. Your mileage may be diff but I found renew to be a wasted cooldown and just went for the extra survivability with spell warding.

My info:

I Guess you didnt read my first post. i'm currently gemmed for the LK and i've allrdy been judged

You didn't post an armory link so I can't rate you QQ

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...kar&cn=Onahail

Rate meh!

Quote Originally Posted by Onahail

Rate meh!
    You're not a priest. >

Quote Originally Posted by Onahail

Rate meh!
    0/10 for taking cloth pieces from clothies!!!

Seriously, read the title of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Caetlan
    Here's my armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...own&cn=Caetlan

I heal ten mans with a resto druid and a resto shaman. If we need another DPS, the resto shaman goes ele, and I go disc.
    My 25 man healing comp is a little more flexible. We usually have 1 disc priest, 1 holy paladin, 1 resto druid, 1 resto shaman and 2 holy priests (including me). I build my gear entirely around having all available 25 man buffs, and using all my mana CDs on pretty much every fight, so my regen looks crazy low on my character sheet.
    Thank you Mr. Druid for skipping mah post.

Quote Originally Posted by Caetlan
    Thank you Mr. Druid for skipping mah post.
    Ok, I'll give it a shot, though honestly you're most probably lightyears beyond me. Internesting note, a parse would be helpful at your level of game: instead of spewing clichés and cookie-cutter info, we "might" be able to adapt to your raid, and your gamestyle.

Anywaaaaaaaays:

Monstruously equipped, your stats look well balanced for your level of content. Honestly I'm just a bit surprised that you went the extra mile to match all your socket bonuses. Lots of haste stacking and low mana regen indeed, isn't that a problem on long battles (LK coming to mind)?

0 Tier 10? I guess I can understand if you're not a Flash heal caster, so i'll continue on this assumption.

Talent-wise, I'm starting to get mixed messages:No Flash heal glyph or talent, OK defenitly not a flash healer. In fact, you look a lot more like a Renew user, but that contradicts a bit the haste stacking concept – wouldn’t you be better off stacking raw SP?

Other possibility: More PoH-focused. But then, why is Healing Prayers left out?

Another option yet: Generalist approach with as much utility as possible: the “jack-of-all-traders, master-of-none” approach. This seems to be your general idea: be able to handle the other healers in the raid and still be a reliable, efficient element. It’s a noble objective, and this is what your healing team is needing you for, then you should clearly keep going that way.
    I won’t “rate” per se, because the answer is at that level clearly dependent on what your team expects, although your gear alone is worth a nice fat 10/10.

My turn I guess. Bit of background: been on a hiatus for some time now, and has hardly seen the inside of ICC, so talents need to be sorted out (consider: Improved Healing and Righteous Fury dropped, Spell Warding and Test of Faith instead).

I’m usually raiding in 10-mans with a Holy Pally and either another Priest (pure Holy, goes Shadow on 2-2-6 bosses) or a resto druid. The disc spec is something of a ad-hoc spec for Saurfang back when.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ghts+of+Cruxis

tirael your gear is kinda lacking exspecially your trinkets. also gemming spirit is kinda pointless with shadowfiend hymm and pots you never should go oom. time to upgrade your t9 also. with your spec you should have the renew glyph instead of flasheal. spec seems fine

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Squishmittin me

Quote Originally Posted by sagara
    Monstruously equipped, your stats look well balanced for your level of content. Honestly I'm just a bit surprised that you went the extra mile to match all your socket bonuses. Lots of haste stacking and low mana regen indeed, isn't that a problem on long battles (LK coming to mind)?
    I have friendly kitty druids And I also carry around pieces of spirit/crit gear gemmed with Int for times when my mana's not being very nice to me. And don't forget that dual solaces stack up another big chunk of MP5. 250? 350? I forget

0 Tier 10? I guess I can understand if you're not a Flash heal caster, so i'll continue on this assumption.
    Yep! I cast flash heal on SoL procs or if someone's about to die.

Talent-wise, I'm starting to get mixed messages:No Flash heal glyph or talent, OK defenitly not a flash healer. In fact, you look a lot more like a Renew user, but that contradicts a bit the haste stacking concept – wouldn’t you be better off stacking raw SP?
    I have 4k SP raid buffed, any more of it would be over heal in my opinion. Haste however lowers my GCD, and definetly benefits renew.

Quote Originally Posted by sargara
    Other possibility: More PoH-focused. But then, why is Healing Prayers left out?
    Yeah I need to change that. I don't spam PoH by any means, but I don't neglect it when its useful either. I want that talent in my spec but I'm having difficulties taking the points from anywhere.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ghts+of+Cruxis
    As far as your armory, I don't think you're gemming too much spirit at all. 12 SP/10 Spirit gems are not to be avoided, the only time I would tell you not to gem spirit is if you were gemming 20 Spirit. You might want to switch over to the Tuskarr's Vitality enchant--thats a big debatable kind of thing, and I personally feel its worth the loss of 18 spirit. If you're having mana problems, switch your meta to Insightful Earthsiege (actually I'd probably do that anyways) and change your helm/shoulder enchants to the crit/SP ones rather than the mp5 versions. Also 10 stats to chest! If you're using frost emblems for gear, pick up the trinket and then the cloak--those would be your biggest upgrades. Also if you have the money, the Royal Moonshroud Bracers are yummy.

Talent wise you're giving me the same mixed messages I gave you :P You're 6/6 Renew specced and 8/8 GH/FH specced. I don't have a problem with your glyphs, I definetly wouldn't use the renew one though. There's some new math floating around saying that it actually does lower your healing, plus at your gear level you probably don't have the regen to support the extra casts. If you're a heavy renew user I'd consider speccing something more similar to my spec, dropping Imp Healing and Emp Healing for Blessed Resilience, and Test of Faith. If you don't want to drop Emp Healing, at least drop Imp healing since all it helps is Greater Heal and grab desperate prayer if you need a filler. Then get BR, 3% throughput is yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishmittinjr
    You only have 2/3 Meditation.
    The holy side of your spec seems fine, although I question Spell Warding over Divine Fury, but that's a personal opinion kind of thing. You also have MP5 helm/shoulder enchants--If you're having mana issues I would recommend speccing properly. Again, Tuskarr's on boots is helpful in a raiding environment.

If you were to spec completely into Meditation, you would most likely be able to drop the Int gems, and replace them with 12 SP/10 haste. I'm actually really curious as to how you don't run out of mana in raids, specced like that with haste gemming.

Hmm well, not sure who to rate here, so i'll just reaffirm that squish should have 3/3 meditation, and also suggest that caetlan picks up Healing Prayers; it helped my mana a lot more then i expected it to.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ow&cn=Whiskeyy

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey_oktober
    Hmm well, not sure who to rate here, so i'll just reaffirm that squish should have 3/3 meditation, and also suggest that caetlan picks up Healing Prayers; it helped my mana a lot more then i expected it to.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ow&cn=Whiskeyy
    Alot of Crit/Haste gear (jealous) do you have seperate gear for holy and disc? and if not do you have any mana troubles? seems like alot of spirit missing but I know I'm trying to get rid of some of my regen from throughput and use some of my CD's shadowfiend ect.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7thas&cn=Heral

Were really caster heavy alot of mages spriests and locks so getting gear can be tought especially Crit/Haste gear. I'm also going to be taking a look at my overhealing done this week in ICC to see if i can drop some sp for haste. Disc is PVP i go Disc for Saurfang and lootship and solo heal the attcking side/ spam shields on saurfang. Any advice would be awesome

@hunts

• You've started to gem for haste in your legs and belt, but all other yellow sockets are running int/spirit gems. You've got more disposable regen than I ever have - surely some of this is going to waste.
    • You could benefit greatly by picking up another piece of 245 tier - that 2pc is phenomenal for the content you are currently on.
    • I'm going to ignore the hit rating on your wand.
    • If normal Solace ever drops (or god forbid, heroic), replace the Sliver of Pure Ice. One less thing you have to think about during combat.
    • +8 stats to chest? Cheap!
    • Back to regen, you don't really need +18 spirit to your boots. Try Tuskarr's - runspeed is pro.

Overall, I would suggest replacing all of your Int/Spirit gems with Sp/Haste. And considering how low your haste actually is, possibly even your red gem slots. Think very carefully about how much you actually use Inner focus - with your regen I would guess that it's not even bound. Get rid of those three points in Blessed Recovery - you shouldn't be tanking mobs. Use the points to max out spell warding and put the filler into Holy Reach. Your CoH spell will love you for it.

Also, not a fan of the Renew glyph. It just leads to overhealing for most fights, Flash Heal glyph tends to get more mileage.

6/10 - you were at 7/10 until I saw the blessed recovery and I reconsidered my stance on the hit wand. That dropped you to 5. +1 point for human racial, saves more lives than people give it credit for. Not bad at all.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ssan&n=Quiscat

^ Go nuts.
    Edit: Mainspec is Holy. Gearing for raid support. Spec changes every few days for content =\

Quote Originally Posted by quiscat

^ Go nuts.
    Edit: Mainspec is Holy. Gearing for raid support. Spec changes every few days for content =\
    Why don't you use your Tailoring profession bonuses? They're much stronger than +23 haste.

Other than that, extremely nice. I see you're in a well-progressed guild and have been so for a long time (long enough to get that weapon).

I feel kind of silly following you but here goes:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sh&cn=Ihastail

Please ignore the horrible offhand, I just got a new weapon (upgraded from a 10 ToC staff) and realized I had no offhand. H HoR here I come (until Shadow Silk Spindle bids finally get reasonable enough for me to snag one).

I have a few low level pieces but aside from that offhand, nothing egregious. Eye of the Broodmother is still one of the best damn trinkets a disc priest can have.

And yes, I have 28 hit rating. It's so my heals don't miss!

Quote Originally Posted by quiscat
    @hunts

• You've started to gem for haste in your legs and belt, but all other yellow sockets are running int/spirit gems. You've got more disposable regen than I ever have - surely some of this is going to waste.
    • You could benefit greatly by picking up another piece of 245 tier - that 2pc is phenomenal for the content you are currently on.
    • I'm going to ignore the hit rating on your wand.
    • If normal Solace ever drops (or god forbid, heroic), replace the Sliver of Pure Ice. One less thing you have to think about during combat.
    • +8 stats to chest? Cheap!
    • Back to regen, you don't really need +18 spirit to your boots. Try Tuskarr's - runspeed is pro.

Overall, I would suggest replacing all of your Int/Spirit gems with Sp/Haste. And considering how low your haste actually is, possibly even your red gem slots. Think very carefully about how much you actually use Inner focus - with your regen I would guess that it's not even bound. Get rid of those three points in Blessed Recovery - you shouldn't be tanking mobs. Use the points to max out spell warding and put the filler into Holy Reach. Your CoH spell will love you for it.

Also, not a fan of the Renew glyph. It just leads to overhealing for most fights, Flash Heal glyph tends to get more mileage.

6/10 - you were at 7/10 until I saw the blessed recovery and I reconsidered my stance on the hit wand. That dropped you to 5. +1 point for human racial, saves more lives than people give it credit for. Not bad at all.

^ Go nuts.
    Ya I started gemming SP for throughput those are pieces I was hoping to have upgraded by now. Got my wand last night and I only ever cast FH on SoL procs to keep Ser. up at 3 so the glyph is a Wwaste since my FH desn'tt cost anything anyways. Solace doesn't exist. period. lol. I have Inner focus macro'd to Divine Hymn. (other than Gloves andwrists, as i said was hoping to upgrade by now) I aim for Sp in red SP/Int int yellows (gonna swap to haste now tho i think your right) and SP/spirit in blues. And i agree with putting them into reach ty for that too. I have 245 Pants which i use on heavy raid fights like twins marrow ect. just dont have them on atm. Oh and did I mention I got my wand XD. Fixed my spec but kept inner focus since i think its better than 2% less spell damge but that's IMO.

You. Are geared out the ass. Looks like a FH 3/3 PoH spammer then I saw 0/5 Emp Healing and thought if they're glyphed for FH why not spec for it too? but I can see how finding the 5 points would be hard. Jealous of your trinkets. Wand from Rot and OH from BP would be good for you. 8/10

@Staticc - 0/10 - I didn't look, but you didn't look at the person before you either.

For reference, here they are.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sh&cn=Ihastail

15+ Year Old Account
    The place with the best beers in the world!

@quiscat
    Nice gear, well gemmed and enchanted, going full on SP, I wish you more luck with offhand drops!

My link:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...w&cn=Ultimaati
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

- For the boot enchant, runspeed ftw!
    - Strange gem in boots too!

2 Healing specs so I don't know if u use the same gear for both, nice for holy, bit too much spirit for Disc. Overall though, mainly nice enchants, nice profs, 2pc t9 is still win. Spec for Holy I can't really comment on these days I'm afraid, looks solid though, do like Body and Soul though . I guess u PvP often too or the disc glyphs are crap. As a holy which I'll assume u are 7.5/10 Gl with Sindra 25!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...zak&cn=Siorfin

Good geared and good gemmed! And nice spellpower ammount Maybe crit head enchant instead?
    7/10

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...atol&cn=Alecks