Thread: Affliction PVE

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: 3.3 Affliction Raiding Guide

I prefer to have my RL mark the person we need to think about as Tank or Assist using the raid frame tools already present in game. Thus I can reserve my focus targeting for something more important to the job I am best at - melting faces.

It's quite simple - have your RL right click the people in question and "set Assist" or "Set Tank" (or whatever its called), then you simply click and drag the icon out of the blizzard raid window and you have all of them right there. Alternatively, some addons do this automatically.

R.I.P. YARG

Engineering gives a special back enchant (+27 SP), which will of course cost you the normal enchant (+23 haste) as well as a hand enchant (340 haste for 12s every 60s, resulting in ~68 haste). If you sum this up, you reach +27 SP and +45 haste rating. This should be superior to other professions.
    you loose the normal hand enchant too. 28 SP
    the sum is: -1 SP and +45 haste, but the haste is on-use, so way better than static haste imho.
    you also forgot to mention the feet enchant. 24crit + nitro boost is awesome, compared to tuskar.

so engineering is for me still very nice, but not superior to the other professions, as mentioned in your guide.

10+ Year Old Account

I just want to point out a typo. The +63 sp-enchant is called Mighty spellpower, not Superior spellpower.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

I just want to point out that before you shoot some one down for using black magic you need to get your numbers straight.

Black Magic is 250 haste for 10 seconds on a 35 second internal cooldown. This procs on damage.

At ideal up time of 29% the haste buff is roughly 72.5 static haste.
    At a more realistic uptime of 26-27% (actual uptime of ICC fights) the haste buff is roughly 65-67.5 static haste.

With this said it is clear that with hasted corruption 1 Haste > 1 spell power after roughly 4k spell power. Therefore black magic is clearly better than 63 spell power in ICC gear.

15+ Year Old Account

This was written during 3.3.0 when BM was useful. I'll ask nam to update.

R.I.P. YARG

Inserted it into the weapon enchants, thx for pointing that one out. I'm still kind of convinced that when a proc based and a constant enchant yield roughly the same benefit you should use the static one, however that's definitely personal taste.
    Proud author of the totally outdated WotLK Affli Thread

i agree with nam if black magic procs on the move you waste some of the benefit and +63sp affects your dots while your moving passive is just more consistent other things such as black magic proccing when sindragosa goes in air phase sucks or getting mc'd by deathwhisper

consistency>few more dps when it isnt interrupted

overall for icc id say +63sp>black magic for a warlock

great guide btw
    i totally agree with engineering>>>>>> everything else
    as for talents i believe fel concentration 2/3>2/2 20% threat lich king has a ton of push back

is everyone getting better results from 264 spyglass than 277 phylactery? i also noticed the ej bis had spyglass

15+ Year Old Account

Phylactery has a long cooldown, 100 seconds I believe. Most fights are evaluated at 300 seconds, meaning the phylactery will proc:

0-20s
    100-120s
    200-220s

and therefore be undervalued compared to Muradins. However, this undervalue is like 20-30 dps and entirely depends on the length of the fight. I will continue to use Phylactery as sometimes it will be worth more but most of the time it will be equal.

R.I.P. YARG

So, with the no hit build why take fel concentration instead of grim reach? I can't think of any boss ability that includes spell push back.

Edit, never mind missed the paragraph under the specs.

Hi all,
    I have warlock.
    My DPS about ~9K at ICC25, about ~8K ICC10.
    I have one question.
    How is my DPS for my gear? /i think my DPS low for my gear./
    My DPS Rotation: LifeTap - SB - Haut - Corruption - CoE - UA - /Sapm SB when fresh dots/
    My armory link at my signature. i can't input link and images /damn/ at post.

Anyone advise me please.
    BR

You can do more dps in that gear, definitely. I got 1 sanctified, out of 4 set parts. Im able to do 11-12k in a 25man raid, if i have all the 'proper' buffs that i need, and i usually do 10k in a 10man. Perhaps you can practice some on your rotations? it's all about practice

Quote Originally Posted by Dinazo View Post
    You can do more dps in that gear, definitely. I got 1 sanctified, out of 4 set parts. Im able to do 11-12k in a 25man raid, if i have all the 'proper' buffs that i need, and i usually do 10k in a 10man. Perhaps you can practice some on your rotations? it's all about practice
    Thank you for post./sorry my first language not EN./
    Have u warlock? can i see your lock's wowarmory link?
    i have practice talent and rotation.
    but what do I need to do to improve my dps?

BR.
    Last edited by aaguu; 2010-07-22 at 01:08 AM.

i'd like to add decursive to the list of addons... it's a simple small add on that will show when someone in the group is debuffed and a simple click on the box will make the felhunter remove it...

i had it for my druid and forgot to turn it off for my lock... but it lit up when i was running and it allowed me to cast devour magic on party members (or myself) to remove debuffs...

Quote Originally Posted by sayg0n View Post
    what?
    defensively, instead of having a devour magic macro... decursive will do it for you and also display those in your party that need devour magic cast on them...

Deleted
    Is destro the prefered spec for best dps in icc 25?

This has been a great help for me.

Thanks alot for your time in possting this.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re-casting Corruption

So admittedly I don't play Affliction much (read: at all) but I really want to try it out.

Everything I've read says to re-cast corruption when the boss is below 35% which I understand. But my question is: how? Every time I try I get the message "A more powerful spell is already active." How do I get over this? I can't let corruption just fall off cause that would cut my SB and Haunt casting out (and thus gimp my dps). So I'm not really sure how to re-apply the DoT in execute range.

Throw in 1 Seed of corruption and you can recast corruption.
    That is the only fast way to do it.