Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Demonology dps gets crazy with high haste

I kno some people are saying they are having trouble with demonology dps right now, but i recently was destro after playing demo since BC and all of wrath until like a month ago when i switched to destro. Had good gear but one thing that was holding me back was my one trinket. Now i finally got DFO. I use DFO with muradins(251) and my demo dps is insane right now. DFO with the haste and proc has increased my dps by a ton. I was using Eye of the Broodmother before so it was a nice jump. Not sure i went back to destro, but im back with demo and feel right at home. Anyone else noticed a jump in dps as demo once u got around the 1300 haste mark.

well destro has been gimped as a raidspec for a while now, afflic and demo are the viable specs.

Quote Originally Posted by krs23 View Post
    well destro has been gimped as a raidspec for a while now, afflic and demo are the viable specs.
    While Destruction will not reach Affliction's numbers, you'd be a fool to say Destruction is a gimped spec. It isn't.

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

Actually i tried to edit it to be less offensive but it failed and posted my first version =( yeah destro isnt gimped, but it lags behind afflic on single target dps.

for Demo-dps, try out power auras if you havent already, it gave my a solid 5-600 extra dps due to noticing MC and decimation quicker, (mindctrl.se/aura.html for my set of demo-auras you can import)

Quote Originally Posted by krs23 View Post
    Actually i tried to edit it to be less offensive but it failed and posted my first version =( yeah destro isnt gimped, but it lags behind afflic on single target dps.

for Demo-dps, try out power auras if you havent already, it gave my a solid 5-600 extra dps due to noticing MC and decimation quicker, (mindctrl.se/aura.html for my set of demo-auras you can import)
    TellMeWhen is also an amazing addon, but PA has proven to be an excellent add-on as well!

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

10+ Year Old Account
    and what sort of dps do you consider to be insane?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacus View Post
    Nice to see you here Jacus

Well whatever he says someone will most likely come in and say 'oh well i do way more than that'. The point is he is doing much more than he did, which is what matters really. And with 1300 haste and the DFO I can imagine any demo lock will be putting out some impressive numbers.

First thing I wondered when I read the thread. There's absolutely nothing useful we can say without parses or at least a rough indication of your numbers.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    Well whatever he says someone will most likely come in and say 'oh well i do way more than that'. The point is he is doing much more than he did, which is what matters really. And with 1300 haste and the DFO I can imagine any demo lock will be putting out some impressive numbers.
    The question is how he got to 1300 Haste; if he's stacked +20 Haste gems he has potential to do more by dumping some of that Haste and stacking Spellpower instead. It could possibly explain why it was such a jump from Destruction to Demo, as Destruction doesn't benefit nearly as much as Demo or Affliction do from Haste.

maybe he meant 1300 after spellstone

Deleted
    when it comes to BiS, Affliction will still come out on top of demo an destro waaay behind them both.
    I doubt that its 'insane' DPS, but if you can exploit decimation, you will get some pretty nice DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The question is how he got to 1300 Haste; if he's stacked +20 Haste gems he has potential to do more by dumping some of that Haste and stacking Spellpower instead. It could possibly explain why it was such a jump from Destruction to Demo, as Destruction doesn't benefit nearly as much as Demo or Affliction do from Haste.
    you can get over 1300 haste without spellstone, whilst gemming properly, Just need close to Best in Slot.
    for instance, I got 1305 with DFO + Sindra trinkets, and in Demo spec (though I hate playing it).. I get like 1530~ haste. Even with that haste I wouldn't consider the DPS I did to be insane on single target.
    Certainly not as good as Affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by proVoke View Post
    when it comes to BiS, Affliction will still come out on top of demo an destro waaay behind them both.
    I doubt that its 'insane' DPS, but if you can exploit decimation, you will get some pretty nice DPS

you can get over 1300 haste without spellstone, whilst gemming properly, Just need close to Best in Slot.
    for instance, I got 1305 with DFO + Sindra trinkets, and in Demo spec (though I hate playing it).. I get like 1530~ haste. Even with that haste I wouldn't consider the DPS I did to be insane on single target.
    I would say this is certainly not the case with the 30% ICC buff at least. Because bosses are dying much quicker, this makes affliction do overall less damage as bosses only stay below 25% health for a very short time (which is when affliction does most of it's damage). From what I'm seeing both demonology and destruction out-dps affliction since the 25-30% ICC buffs.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry guys i havent been around much. Im pulling 14-17k on all bosses except LK and BQ. LK i do a lil less and BQ i do around 20k. My armory is the same as my forum post name. And sorry our WoL is all messed up and hasnt worked in a month or so. Nvr got around to fixing it. I think i just play my class well since the only class and only spec i have played for a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    To add to the discussion on whether Aff or Demo does more dps: A friend of mine who recently transfered from Wyrmrest Accord was looking up the difference between all three specs in the same raid. Affliction, if I remember what he said, always came out on top between the three locks in the raid. But when tested when there was only one of each warlock per raid, Demonology was the top spec. The reason behind this was Demonic Pact. If I knew more about what exactly happened I would gladly, but I would have to go back to him for more info.

But I am inclined to believe what he said, he is a very good warlock and was one of the top on Wyrmrest Accord before he moved.

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpopiev2 View Post
    To add to the discussion on whether Aff or Demo does more dps: A friend of mine who recently transfered from Wyrmrest Accord was looking up the difference between all three specs in the same raid. Affliction, if I remember what he said, always came out on top between the three locks in the raid. But when tested when there was only one of each warlock per raid, Demonology was the top spec. The reason behind this was Demonic Pact. If I knew more about what exactly happened I would gladly, but I would have to go back to him for more info.

But I am inclined to believe what he said, he is a very good warlock and was one of the top on Wyrmrest Accord before he moved.
    Serious, w-t-f u on about

Anyway, yes. EoB ->> DFO makes a huge difference. It's not haste specific, it's the huge gap between these 2 trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    First thing I wondered when I read the thread. There's absolutely nothing useful we can say without parses or at least a rough indication of your numbers.
    How about answering the question of whether you saw a huge increase in DPS with large haste and DFO? Contrary to why many of you reply to threads, posters are not all asking for you to rate their level of fail. Individual skill and absolute numbers are completely irrelevant.

"Anyone else noticed a jump in dps as demo once u got around the 1300 haste mark." is the question.

---------- Post added 2010-09-02 at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpopiev2 View Post

Anecdotal stories are completely and utterly worthless for talking about potential. Nobody reaches their full potential. The difference in each spec might be 1-5% but the difference in skill between each player will be 1-200%. Even with a sample size of 10 of each spec you wouldn't even get close to an average for true potential dps of each spec.

Think of it this way - I could ask who runs faster? Blacks, Whites, Or Asians? Basing dps on one raid would be like saying "well my friend Bruce is Asian and he runs faster then my black friend Tom and my white friend Nathan so I believe Asians run faster."

---------- Post added 2010-09-02 at 11:55 PM ----------

My lock just got to 80 a month ago and I didn't get a chance to get him geared out but in my experience I could never do more dps as Afflic than Demo so I figured Demo must not scale as well since I was under the impression that afflic did slightly more damage in BiS. I guess I just suck more at afflic than demo.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by proVoke View Post

While I understand and agree totally about Afflic, and BiS getting that high haste: The OP really doesn't sound like he's the sort to have close to BiS gear given he's so shocked that Demo is outperforming Destro

As a 6051 gs warlock( not that I support gs just giving you an idea of where I'm at) I have around 1270 hast with spellstone I gem pure spellpower as the buffet in my raids, I'm assuming that if I went for maximum dos potential I could probably be at 1400. My offspec is affliction. As affliction I have 35 pct haste and on single target fights do anywhere from 14 to 15k. As demonology last week I did 14.5k on marrowgar with well timed immolation auras and 14k on saurfang. I do not enjoy playing destuction besides for pvp purposes. With beta coming out all dots now scale from haste and can crit( currently ) this also includes drain life and drain soul . On beta I have seen upwards of 10k drain lives and 45k drain soul crits. Demonology,s new hand of guldan also hits upwards of 40k along with absolutely insane demon dmg ( felguards bladestorm crtting for 5k) makes it hard to decide which spec will be on top this expansion. However with the reduction in crit chance with all classes and the crit talents in the affliction tree makes me think that demonology won't maintain it's current godlike haste.

Sorry for the horrendous English typing this from an iPhone makes everything suck, damn auto corrections.
    Last edited by antilock2006; 2010-09-03 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    While Destruction will not reach Affliction's numbers, you'd be a fool to say Destruction is a gimped spec. It isn't.
    Yes it is.