Kalmah
    Kataklysm
    Lamb of god
    Metallica
    Nevermore
    Old man's child
    Quo vadis
    Testament

I have been listening metal for over a decade (its all I have on my ipod, I'm pretty picky as to what i listen too) but i don't search for new bands much partly because I'm lazy partly because I don't like to illegally download music, but if anyone can suggest anything along the lines of the bands i mentioned i would very much appreciate it. I'll also check out the vids posted when I get a chance, thanks again. Stay metal!
    Pretty much all of this is WIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account

To be fair In Flames hasn't sounded like that in years. Given their work after Clayman I don't necessarily disagree with his assessment.
    Yeah that's true, but I prefer to think of Lunar Strain - Clayman as the real In Flames, and their later, more "commercial" work as... something else. Too bad most ppl don't know the brilliance that was their 6 first albums.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    http://youtu.be/o-hn32fyic4

New Lamb of God Sup?

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Heavy doesn't equate speed to some. That's where part of the disconnect is coming from.
    Kind of agree with this, I think for most people "heavy" is that OSDM sound that's now associated with death/doom.

Sorry it's from a few pages back but thought I had something to add.
    Last edited by Vicho; 2011-12-24 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicho View Post
    Kind of agree with this, I think for most people "heavy" is that OSDM sound that's now associated with death/doom.

Sorry it's from a few pages back but thought I had something to add.
    Ya, I have totally agreed with this. To make a bit of a point, I know it isn't their best song, but it is HEAVY and slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Apparently, it's not very good to raid lead with this loud in the background on repeat, oh well, what's probably worse is headbanging too it (long hair, yes indeed) and missing the hour of twilight and going splat... it doesn't matter, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Yeah that's true, but I prefer to think of Lunar Strain - Clayman as the real In Flames, and their later, more "commercial" work as... something else. Too bad most ppl don't know the brilliance that was their 6 first albums.
    To be fair, it's been ages since they sounded like that. And by their new 'and improved' sound they pretty much sullied the old sound they had. Additionally, that sound's become so standardised that even the olden goldies sound pretty bland and dull.

--

On a happier sidenote: finished the website for my band. woot.

Deleted

so fucking epic

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/515/artyists.jpg/

My top list on Spotify, but lacking some bands that doesn't show up of songs ive downloaded, like Alestorm, The Black Dahlia Murder and Cannibal Corpse

In Flames is probably my favorite Melodic D.Metal band... Love their style.

And of course the goldie :

Deleted
    totally missed the "new" machinehead album
    just bought it yesterday and have to admit: pretty fucking good

ps: the video is kinda gay though

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    You count Clayman as part of the "real" In Flames? That was the first album where their commercial direction and aspirations were made blatantly obvious, I knew from the moment I heard that album that the "real" In Flames I liked was over and done with. Anyways, I'll take Scar Symmetry over anything In Flames has done since Colony. Absolutely LOVE the vocal range here(shame the singer left...and had to be replaced by 2 separate singers!).

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You count Clayman as part of the "real" In Flames? That was the first album where their commercial direction and aspirations were made blatantly obvious, I knew from the moment I heard that album that the "real" In Flames I liked was over and done with. Anyways, I'll take Scar Symmetry over anything In Flames has done since Colony. Absolutely LOVE the vocal range here(shame the singer left...and had to be replaced by 2 separate singers!).
    At least there's Solution .45 now.

I also think Soilwork got what In Flames has been trying to do right, at least on Natural Born Chaos...

---------- Post added 2011-12-26 at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khaowdruid View Post
    At least there's Solution .45 now.

Yeah, same awesome vocals, but the songwriting isn't nearly as strong IMO. When Scar Symmetry was with Christian we had 1 great band...now we have 2 decent ones, at least IMO. I'd still rather have the 1 great band.

Scar Symmetry is better without Christian. There's something I really like about the new Scar Symmetry, and equally, there's something I dislike about Christian's voice. No disrespect, he's good, real good, but I'm not a fan.

Yeah, same awesome vocals, but the songwriting isn't nearly as strong IMO. When Scar Symmetry was with Christian we had 1 great band...now we have 2 decent ones, at least IMO. I'd still rather have the 1 great band.
    Yeah, can't really compete with like Timewave Zero, Mind Machine, or The Illusionist. Christian and the drummer from S.45 are also in Miseration, more straight up death metal, but some really great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    Scar Symmetry is better without Christian. There's something I really like about the new Scar Symmetry, and equally, there's something I dislike about Christian's voice. No disrespect, he's good, real good, but I'm not a fan.
    The vocals were a big part of what made SS great for me. The 2 guys they have singing for them NOW can't cover what Christian did alone, and for me, that really hurts the band.

On a different note:

The vocals were a big part of what made SS great for me. The 2 guys they have singing for them NOW can't cover what Christian did alone, and for me, that really hurts the band.
    It's true, they're really not bad doing their stuff, but they reeeeeeaaaaally can't cover Christian's clean singing especially. Which is fine, singers are different, but it really makes me wish they'd just use current material live.

These guys have such a fantastic mix of Melo-death and tech death, I LURVE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaowdruid View Post
    It's true, they're really not bad doing their stuff, but they reeeeeeaaaaally can't cover Christian's clean singing especially. Which is fine, singers are different, but it really makes me wish they'd just use current material live.

These guys have such a fantastic mix of Melo-death and tech death, I LURVE IT.
    They're a band I've been meaning to check out. I've been trying a lot of more technical death bands recently(such as the Obscura stuff I posted above), Quo Vadis, Augury, and so on. And of course: