Thread: [Music] Metal

Deleted
    I wonder what you guys think of My Dying Bride?

Also, does anyone know a band that has a similar style..? I like when there are some clean vocals in it (as in the video at 3 minutes).
    Last edited by mmoc7d24ac4291; 2012-07-23 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    If someone says Melodic Death Metal I'm thinking like..... Children Of Bodom, Arch Enemy, In Flames, and so forth... I don't really find that band sounds like those but I guess it doesn't matter. That's why I even asked, because I'm horribly confused at how that is somehow the same genre as say.... In Flames?

On that side note.... Cannibal Corpse & Skeletonwitch are not from Summerian? The Sumerian thing is cause they know how to promote. You like one or two of their bands and they'll find a way to shove the others down your throat too Maybe it just looks like more than it even is cause they put pics of 4 other albums on the side.

Anyway they are admittedly home to at least (thinks about it) at least 5 bands I'm a fan of though, so I do tend to see these other bands they put off on the side of the video and inspect some of their stuff too

Btw, that was a whole lot more examples than probably needed
    Hehehe, I admit I went a bit crazy with the examples, it's just that BM is a very diverse sub genre and therefore can't truly be described through 1 or 2 bands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzwind View Post
    I wonder what you guys think of My Dying Bride?

Also, does anyone know a band that has a similar style..? I like when there are some clean vocals in it (as in the video at 3 minutes).
    Try the other ones of the British doom trinity? As in, Paradise Lost and Anathema?

There's a whole bunch of bands that (more or less) take after My Dying Bride. Could possibly check out Dutch The 11th Hour as well.

--

And WaitingforMoP, bands like In Flames are called Melodeath largely on account of their history. The current crap is just... well, that, crap. Old school used to be much more Gothenburg sound, which is in part where Melodeath developed from as it took a lot of the same melody lines. The vocals in Enfold Darkness (other than the pathetic screech) are pretty much exemplary for Melodeath. Same with the melody lines and the actual metal base.

Deleted

Some doom metal sung in russian! I think it sounds beatiful, even though I dont understand a word :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Two band I have recently discovered.

Delu čast in oblast!
    Praise the work and give it power!

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    Anyone else love long metal songs? Like 8+ minutes long atleast.

From a swedish melodic death metal band called Scar Symmetry, I really love this song. Shame that the old singer left.

No lyrics, but it's very symphonic and fast. Equilibrium is a german symphonic black metal band (according to wikipedia).

Finnish folk metal, seriously who haven't heard of Nightwish? Anyway, really cool music to PvP with.

Anyone got any recommendations for more of these kind of songs?
    Last edited by BananaInsane; 2012-07-23 at 05:52 PM.

Deleted
    Long songs?

Sure

Last edited by mmocbbd281298f; 2012-07-23 at 06:14 PM.

Deleted
    Finnish folk metal, seriously who haven't heard of Nightwish? Anyway, really cool music to PvP with.
    Pretty sure Nightwish is power/symphonic metal. Anyway, you could try Victory song by Ensiferum. Thats folk metal and the song is 10minutes+

Also many doom metal bands have very long songs, mostly 10-15 minutes. Some are even longer. Might want to check out some doom bands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaInsane View Post
    More than anything in the world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaInsane View Post

Anyone got any recommendations for more of these kind of songs?

I think I overdid it.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2012-07-23 at 06:27 PM.

Deleted
    I wanted to link Corrupted too but I decided to give others the honor

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    now that's just overkill, brb after like 6 hours after checking those songs out c.c

Deleted
    It's so annoying, sometimes I cannot decide what band/genre to listen to, it's like I cannot actually decide what mood I have now and what sort of sound would fit to it. And the selection is so huge yet I still want to expand it.

Can be maddening at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure that this has already been posted, but I am really enjoying this stuff. New to me anyways.

I can't believe I am listening to something made in France.
    I like sandwiches

Some DSBM:

Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-07-24 at 02:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    It's so annoying, sometimes I cannot decide what band/genre to listen to, it's like I cannot actually decide what mood I have now and what sort of sound would fit to it. And the selection is so huge yet I still want to expand it.

Can be maddening at times.
    I was thinking the same a few days ago. And then there's all the live events i want to attend but can't get to them all.. for example I wish I had made the trip to Neurotic Deathfest this year like i planned and seen Gorguts, heard they were awesome. Oh well, atleast I have a few festivals planned for later this year and early 2013.

Deleted
    I've found a little progressive metalcore band called "Hope for the Dying", they play a kind of music most similiar to The Human Abstract with the neoclassical guitar playing and all.

Personally I could not care less if this is not the most original thing ever, THA was a one-of-a kind band for me but those two short albums are just way too little materials so I am very very glad for this.

Edit: HOLY SHIT HOW CAN SOMETHING BE SO CUMBLASTINGLY DELICIOUS?!
    Last edited by mmocbbd281298f; 2012-07-24 at 10:39 PM.

Actually The Human Abstract had 3 albums! Unless you're just saying 2 because the 2nd of the 3 wasn't that good?

It sounds like Human Abstract had a baby with Motionless in White to me, strong musical resemblance to THA, strong vocal resemblance to Motionless.

Pretty good imo!
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-07-25 at 12:16 AM.

George Fisher was so much better here than in CC

And to the poster who said he had been getting into Arch Enemy. Imo the Gossow era Arch Enemy is "just another" mediocre at best Melodeath band, if even that, but their 2 first albums are musically much better, and has better vocals

Also, underrated classic

They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Also, underrated classic
    So true, it was also one of the first thrash albums I listened to

Here's another pretty underrated thrash classic I nearly forgot about