Deleted
    New At the gates album for 2014.

Holy.Fucking.Shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    New At the gates album for 2014.

Holy.Fucking.Shit.
    Came to post this

They also said it will have stylistic elements from both SotS and their early materials, which I am looking forward to, because "The Red In The Sky Is Ours" and "With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness" are, in my opinion, some of the best death metal albums ever released. SotS is fun but ain't got nothing on those two.

Also random post:
    Last edited by mmocbbd281298f; 2014-01-27 at 10:19 PM.

YESSS to new At The Gates. Does this mean that Mallcore bands will start doing 4th generation rip offs of that, instead of Slaughter of the Soul?

"The Red In The Sky Is Ours" and "With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness" are, in my opinion, some of the best death metal albums ever released. SotS is fun but ain't got nothing on those two.
    Oh yes, those are deffo up there. So is this one. One of few Metal albums I can listen to from start to finish without ever getting bored. Not a single bad song, and it has 11 tracks!

Also, as I have been on quite an Opeth streak lately. If anybody is in the same situation as me a couple of years back: You have heard of Opeth, but never really bothered to check them out? Just do it... All of their albums. Some of the most interesting use of chords, and in general unique song-writing style in Metal.

They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted

Last edited by mmoc1aca3196c5; 2014-01-28 at 12:31 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted
    Amon Amarth - Blood Eagle

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, such comebacks, so excite.

What do you guys think of the new Cynic songs?

I think the new CD will be hated by people who hate prog rock. Personally, I just think the new songs sound a bit out of their element, like a metaller in a Lady Gaga concert. Anyway let's just wait for the cd to drop.

Deleted
    Soilwork
    Adept
    In Flames
    Bullet for my Valentine
    Turmion Kätilöt

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Greatest discovery of 2014 yet, was into Cynic-like bands because of hype I guess, stumbled onto this piece of greatness:

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not too interested in Cynic. To me, it won't come close to Focus anyway.

10+ Year Old Account

Both of those Cynic songs sound weak at first listen. I would describe it as Prog Pop, with a random guitar solo thrown in here and there, not Prog Rock, certainly not Metal.
    For me, Focus, and the early 90s Demos, are their best work. After they lost their Death Metal side, they went from unique and interesting, to uninspired and boring.

Greatest discovery of 2014 yet, was into Cynic-like bands because of hype I guess, stumbled onto this piece of greatness:
    Listened to the 5 first minutes. Sounds very promising. Guess I have to listen to the whole album tonight
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

This band has been around for a while, but I only found them today. Apparently, it's a project of Alestorm's vocalist. Love me some good power metal.

Also, NEW AT THE GATES RELEASE IN 2014, FUCK YEAH.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-01-29 at 05:04 AM.

Deleted
    New Behemoth is coming out 7th of february, and it seems to be getting pretty damn good reviews so far from what I've seen. Might have to check that out.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Dutch black metal. One of the better releases in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a leaked version out, listening to it right now, I think it's really good so far. It's Behemoth, you know what to expect, but I think it will surpass everyone's expectations. I think they have come up with something stellar. It's not going to be album of the year but it is definitely a worthy Behemoth record.

Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-01-30 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's go a little old school.... So today's metal fans know who's got to get credit for the existence of the genre..

"The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."