Blind Guardian;
    Sonata Arctica;
    Stratovarius;
    Hammerfall;
    Helloween;
    Black Sabbath (some old musics);
    Ozzy Osbourne;
    Rhapsody of Fire;

As you can see, I love Power Metal. Can anyone suggest me some good power metal bands?

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Iron Maiden;
    Gamma Ray;
    Blind Guardian;
    Sonata Arctica;
    Stratovarius;
    Hammerfall;
    Helloween;
    Black Sabbath (some old musics);
    Ozzy Osbourne;
    Rhapsody of Fire;

As you can see, I love Power Metal. Can anyone suggest me some good power metal bands?
    they all sound the same, you're doing just fine.
    Adam: Lookin straight grizzly.
    Blake: Bitch betta have my honey.

Even though Death Metal and Power Metal (sometimes) are amazing, it's time to change it up a bit.

Dat buildup. Neurosis are the innovators of Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Even though Death Metal and Power Metal (sometimes) are amazing, it's time to change it up a bit.
    I never got into "Post-Metal" just not my thing I guess. If I want overly long songs I'll stick to doom metal or something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by solonglonesome View Post
    I never got into "Post-Metal" just not my thing I guess. If I want overly long songs I'll stick to doom metal or something lol.
    Check it out! I guarantee you'll like the song by the end. Post-Metal is a little harder to get into mainly because of its distinct lack of metal sound. By definition, it's metal instruments and themes creating music that's more orchestral in nature rather than of "metal" structure. If that makes any sense. Or a more angry post-rock. I'm sure you'd like the song though. The bluesy vocals at the beginning are great with a pretty nice groove going until the buildup that lasts a couple of minutes followed by a climax of Steve von Till and Scott Kelly doing vocal counterpoints.

But Neurosis definitely did more than just invent Post-metal (along with Godflesh sorta). It's really hard to find just about any kind of riffage or style they haven't already done, aside from prog, black and perhaps some melodic stuff.

Check it out! I guarantee you'll like the song by the end. Post-Metal is a little harder to get into mainly because of its distinct lack of metal sound. By definition, it's metal instruments and themes creating music that's more orchestral in nature rather than of "metal" structure. If that makes any sense. Or a more angry post-rock. I'm sure you'd like the song though. The bluesy vocals at the beginning are great with a pretty nice groove going until the buildup that lasts a couple of minutes followed by a climax of Steve von Till and Scott Kelly doing vocal counterpoints.
    I've tried, when I don't like something it doesn't mean I haven't given it a chance. I've listened to Neurosis and Isis, Pelican and the like. I guess it's because I hold certain post rock bands in high regard. Scott Kelly is on the new YOB cd I think as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Is there more where this came from?
    That's from the "At The Arena Ov Aion" Live album.

Thread is lacking Emperor!

Fuck yeah. Too bad Emperor split up, although Ihsahn's solo project is good stuff as well imo.
    Last edited by mmoc2abd8d08e4; 2011-08-29 at 08:23 AM.

Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Turisas, Tyr, Manowar and Metallica. I obviously listen to many other bands but these are the names i came up with off the bat, so i suppose they are my favorites?
    Signature by Tacy :]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Is there more where this came from?
    It's a whole album called At The Arena Ov Aion. http://www.metal-archives.com/albums...postasy/208546

Also, I'd recommend the Live CD that comes with this DVD: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums...eretika/284575

10+ Year Old Account
    One BY Metallica was the first song i remember listing to as a kid i was 4

iv been hooked on the old stuff since im 22 now

dio/led zep/iron maiden/ac'dc/gnr/Judas priest / ect ect

i had typed up a big thing on 2 days music but deleted it

so to sum it up 2 days music lacks the work and soul the music of the past had

Too many pages for me to read, but has no one even mentioned Death yet? How about Morbid Angel, Divine Heresy or World Under Blood?
    World Under Blood, yutube A God Among The Waste Into The Arms of Cruelty: Deron Miller (cky), Tim Yeung (Morbid Angel, ex-Hate Eternal), Risha Eryavec(ex-Decrepit Birth), Luke Jaeger(Sleep Terror). Basically a Melo-death powerhouse.
    Death: Chuck Schuldiner nuff said.

---------- Post added 2011-08-29 at 08:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jeleopard View Post
    May I suggest learning what a breakdown is? And a breakdown isn't only in "core bands", as you put it. Breakdowns are used in a LOT of genres, not even just metal.

And I challenge you to find one song that has 10 breakdowns, or even more than 2. 2 would be pushing it. Songs tend to have 1.

And not all "core bands" use breakdowns. I have yet to hear breakdowns in grindcore.
    Ever hear of a band called Norma Jean, they pretty much have nothing but breakdowns <3 Norma Jean
    Last edited by hallofamer35; 2011-08-29 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    Adding this classic from Katatonia here:

Need some thrash metal recommendations btw, anything good will do. Any good new releases that I might have missed?
    Last edited by mmoc2abd8d08e4; 2011-08-29 at 10:31 AM.

Too many pages for me to read, but has no one even mentioned Death yet?
    Death has been mentioned like a thousand times already, but it won't hurt to mention them again!

Need some thrash metal recommendations btw, anything good will do. Any good new releases that I might have missed?
    Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax (before they went shit mainstream ofc), Kreator, Destruction, Sodom, Exodus, Forbidden, Vio-Lence, Testament, Sepultura (Arise and earlier), Artillery, Dark Angel, Death Angel, Exhorder, Heathen, Razor etc.etc are all Thrash for starters and are quite known

Any good new releases that I might have missed?
    Only thing I can think of is Violator's 1st EP Violent Mosh and their 1st album Chemical Assault, along with Warbringer's 1st EP One By One, The Wicked Fall
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2011-08-29 at 01:47 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Bluewhale View Post
    Toxic Holocaust just put out a new cd and it's fantastic. As for newer releases - Exhumed - All Guts, No Glory, YOB - Atma, Cannibis Corpse - Beneath Grow Lights Thou Shall Rise, Rotten Sound - Cursed, Ulcerate - The Destroyers Of All, Wormrot - Dirge, Indian - Guiltless, Revolting - In Grisly Rapture, Misamal - Misamal, Crowbar - Sever The Wicked Hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good job

Also, if you haven't yet, go check out Dirge (the french ones) and Amen Ra. The latter actually singed to Neurot Records.

BTW - wouldn't mind your feedback on our track either

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluewhale View Post
    Thread is lacking Emperor!

Fuck yeah. Too bad Emperor split up, although Ihsahn's solo project is good stuff as well imo.
    Emperor's amazing but Ihsahn's solo project is absolutely mindblowing, in my opinion. Can't say I don't miss them being together but I just saw him live last month and he's better than ever. Which reminds me, have Towsend + Ihsahn live;

Doesn't do the performance justice as the sound quality isn't exactly good but god fucking damnit that was so fucking good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Emperor's amazing but Ihsahn's solo project is absolutely mindblowing, in my opinion. Can't say I don't miss them being together but I just saw him live last month and he's better than ever.
    Yes, and best of all they also play Emperor stuff sometimes on Ihsahn shows.

Thanks for the suggestions btw, solonglonesome and thrashmetalftw.
    Last edited by mmoc2abd8d08e4; 2011-08-29 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Good job
    Did you know that Steve Von Till is also a schoolteacher? How fucking metal is that?! More Neurosis(albeit less post-metal-y):

Also, if you haven't yet, go check out Dirge (the french ones) and Amen Ra. The latter actually singed to Neurot Records.
    I like Dirge, but I haven't heard Amen Ra yet. Checking out.

BTW - wouldn't mind your feedback on our track either
    Which track?