Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost Mage - pvp

I had it with Frost mages in pvp! >
    why is it that Class/specc can slow, freez you to the grown and stune more the any class?
    and have soooo, short a cooldown?! plz tell me why?

The cooldown on the pvp trinket is 2 min but the mages stunes have close to none at all :S

Is there anyway you can wride 2 Blizz, and ask them to get real and give some cooldowns on that shit.. like 30 - 40 sec
    woot be fair.

Re: Frost Mage - pvp

No, prot was nerfed, because it was ridiculous.
    And against a geared target frost bolt will crit for around 6k.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

envenom spec ftw ;D

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

This is another one of those:

Im in blue PvE gear and i got 2 shot by a mage..... I even walked up to him slowly without charging or sprinting and he still killed me.... NERF NERF NERF.

Clearly an L2P Issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Rixxe
    This is another one of those:

Im in blue PvE gear and i got 2 shot by a mage..... I even walked up to him slowly without charging or sprinting and he still killed me.... NERF NERF NERF.

Clearly an L2P Issue...

clearly you dont know good mages.. the op is correct imo, a mage that knows what its doing can control any melee easily without having to use mirror image,elemental or even cold snap. 1v1 its a joke how much control they have over melee. i have a rogue and a mage so i know it from both sides.
    a mage can constantly reset fights via polymorph then eat/evo, pop invis go hide somewhere and eat, their opponent trinkets into a sheep mage resets fight etc

Quote Originally Posted by speedymonkey
    A mage that knows what its doing can control any melee easily without having to use mirror image,elemental or even cold snap.
    I disagree, only meelee you can really control without cooldowns is paladin and enhance shaman (unless he pops his wolves), but good warriors and rogues will force you to pop at least water elemental (depends on frost bite rng) or iceblock and feral druids and unholy DKs that know what they are doing will make you pop everything in duel (feral druids will even make you cold snap if they have a clue).
    MY NICK FAILS, but cba making new acc

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7
    Dude, the biggest nerf to prot was making warbringer no longer break imobilizing effects. This highly favors frost mages by miles and to a low to non-existent degree other classes. The nerf to shield slam only affects prots who stack SBV and if they do that it means they have low resilience and trading steady damage for some spiky once-in-a-blue-moon-all-cds-popped style. SBV prots are highly squishy in mass pvp situations.

If your rogue is your main, I'm afraid prots will still be ridiculous to you.
    Yeah, the number one team in the world on bg9 didn't have a prot warrior playing with 44 resilience, noooo

oh wait, they did

[quote=Chomag7 ]
    Ghostcrawler plays a frost mage. Why do you think prot warriors got their mobility nerfed ? Cause they were the only once who could fuck up a frost mage if played properly.

as you say, ONLY "Cause they were the only once who could fuck up a frost mage" isnt that ovepowered?

NERF that shit!!

For some reason the general consensus on AJ seems to be that GC plays a warrior...
    I'm gonna think about who I'd rather believe in terma of class balance, the scrubs in a forum without armorylink that can't even write coherent sentences or the people on AJ that also can't forum coherent sentences but have ratings above 2.4k.
    Tough one

10+ Year Old Account

The mages are (or should be) the kings of crowd control and direct damage, and as disadvantages, we are the weakest and we have no pets as warlocks nor can we cure us as priests (who are the other two cloth classes).

You're the weakest?
    Sorry m8, but I'm pretty sure that, as of now, rogues are the squishiest class.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    You're the weakest?
    Theoretically, who use cloth should be the weakest ... but of course, do not expect that Blizzard acts correctly.

10+ Year Old Account

In truth, plate wearers are actually way more vulnerable to damage than cloth users.
    plate is seen as a legitimate source of mitigation, but it's crap. plate helps vs. anything with 0 arp, and... that's it. magic damage still hits for full, and the only class with 0 magic damage output is warriors (i'm not counting thunderclap :3) and they 9/10 stack armor pen. magic damage just laughs at armor value while it crits you for 10k.

You're the weakest?
    rogues are definately squishier than clothies because clothies are given "absorbs x damage" to make up for their lack of armor, and these abilities have little cd on them (scratch sacrifice, but warlocks have like 12 ways to heal themselves effectively as afflic). rogues have... evasion, 3 min cd, cloak of skill, 3 min cd. cd's can be reset by prep, 10 min cd. i'm not saying rogues are underpowered. not even close, but a clothie whining about having no mitigation is just dumb

Warlock ( cloth ) - talented resilience to damage, a shield with the right pet, tons of self healing (as affliction) and capable of outhealing the burst from a ret paladin.
    btw rets you know that repentance wont break if the target has a shield on them right? (mana shield, ice barrier, Power Word: Fuckmylife, Voidwalker sacrifice, sacred shield) you can repent and the stun will last until:

a) it times out

or

b) the shield breaks
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

cloak is 1 minute, but not reset by prep

10+ Year Old Account

cloak is 1 minute, but not reset by prep
    NERF!!!!

sorry about that tho, i dont play a rogue and i'm at work, so i was just pulling numbers off the top of my head :-\

10+ Year Old Account

Hahahahaha.
    In truth, plate wearers are actually way more vulnerable to damage than cloth users.
    I said that cloth wearers SHOULD be the weakest, but I'm not surprised if it were not so... (thanks to Blizzard).

In fact, mages SHOULD be the ones who do more damage, and I can tell you that this is not true.

Zulaika

Quote Originally Posted by Toadsage
    I had it with Frost mages in pvp! >
    You're just bad.

jess ^_^

op are u fucking ASTUPID DUDE

frost mages damage is all dependant on situation they DONT DO DAMAGE IF THEIR TARGET is nOT FROZEN and their burst breaks upon doing damage and mages are by far the squishiest class in pvp they were cloth and dont have inner fire !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jess ^_^
    op are u fucking ASTUPID DUDE
    ironic

Quote Originally Posted by jess ^_^
    frost mages damage is all dependant on situation they DONT DO DAMAGE IF THEIR TARGET is nOT FROZEN and their burst breaks upon doing damage and mages are by far the squishiest class in pvp they were cloth and dont have inner fire !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    this was painful to read too, but, mages have ice barrier/mana shield to reduce damage... and inner fire is a joke.

A frost mage not having a chill effect on the target is like a rogue not having combo points...

if you're going to troll, please do it well or dont bother

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn

A frost mage not having a chill effect on the target is like a rogue not having combo points...
    This is exactly right, Unless a frost mage can stand somewhere spamming frostbolts to proc fingers of frost or Frostbite, the fight really isn't in their favour, effectively a rogue can get combo points more effeciently then a Frost mage get Freeze effects, but it all depends if your playing properly or not
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.