Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Frost Mage - pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7
    Ghostcrawler plays a frost mage. Why do you think prot warriors got their mobility nerfed ? Cause they were the only once who could fuck up a frost mage if played properly.

I played a frost mage myself for a while. And it's just boring: manage to get the enemy lined for a shatter combo and it's 50% of his health gone right there as I can crit 9k with frost bolt and 3k+3k with 2 icelances while most ppl sport less than 30k hp in pvp.

you're an idiot.

protwarriors had no counter class. they had very good damage, extreme survivability, and before the nerf top notch mobility. many classes have snares/roots these days, not just frost mages. in any case warrior mobility against mages was always their only achilles heel, but with warbringer and all of the subtle buffs they got, they became a juggernaut that was outdamaging pure dps classes at the end of an arena match. somethign is seriously wrong when you have the most difficult class/spec to bring down by far in the game, that could also lead damage charts, and having top notch utility.

frost mages at least take nuke synergy and skill to play well. unlike a lot of the other classes any retard could play wack a mole with *cough* pallys.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale

you're an idiot.

protwarriors had no counter class. they had very good damage, extreme survivability, and before the nerf top notch mobility. many classes have snares/roots these days, not just frost mages. in any case warrior mobility against mages was always their only achilles heel, but with warbringer and all of the subtle buffs they got, they became a juggernaut that was outdamaging pure dps classes at the end of an arena match. somethign is seriously wrong when you have the most difficult class/spec to bring down by far in the game, that could also lead damage charts, and having top notch utility.

frost mages at least take nuke synergy and skill to play well. unlike a lot of the other classes any retard could play wack a mole with *cough* pallys.
    i dont mean to be rude, but ive been beating up people in Durotar, BG and skirmish with shitty gear since the dawn of time.
    playing a mage isnt hard at all.
    common sense and knowledge is all you need, ofcourse, alot of people dont have that.

Frost Mages were as useless vs Prot warriors as Arms was vs Frost, dont see the justification there.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Powell
    i dont mean to be rude, but ive been beating up people in Durotar, BG and skirmish with shitty gear since the dawn of time.
    playing a mage isnt hard at all.
    common sense and knowledge is all you need, ofcourse, alot of people dont have that.

Frost Mages were as useless vs Prot warriors as Arms was vs Frost, dont see the justification there.

how long have you been playing this game? ask on arena junkies, ej, or any serious pvp site. mage skill cap is up there as one of the most difficult to play well, and its pretty obvious if you pvp somewhat regularly and see the difference between good and poorly played mages.

what class do you play?

Frost mages are strong in 1v1. If you nerf frost mages in 1v1 (witch this game is not balances on) you screw them over in arenas.

Deep freeze reacquires a target to be frozen, and BTW, it is on a 45 sec. CD.

Get a class that can dispell to dispell spam the mage, once his barrier is down, you can see how squishy mages really are.

Oh and l2p etc etc.

Mage. The bread and butter of a frost mage are the many frostbite procs, 2 frost novas ( personal and pet's, 4 with cold snap ). All of which can be negated every 15 seconds by warbringer.
    Just gonna pop in here and say that frostbite and shattered barrier share a DR and nova and pet nova share a DR.

Warriors had both charge and intercept. Also, any mage who cold snaps just to use nova deserves to die.

Anyways, I agree with you somewhat, the mobility nerf was not needed at all. I would be fine with warbringer still breaking roots. What needed to happen was a damage nerf. With the mobility and survivability warriors had, they also dished out way to much damage.

They needed a nerf, blizz just didn't do it right. Again.