Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

Quote Originally Posted by Collected
    Yeah like a guild such as Ensidia really needed to exploit a bug to make a fight easier that another guild downed on their first attempt. It isn't as if the LK is a hard fight for these guilds, he is easy.

Personally I think there should be a debate about why the LK is so easy. I remember it took SK Gaming over 100 tries to down KJ.

That wasnt truly their first attempt. They had exhausted all 20 attempts on their alts.

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

For me I think it all comes down to this:

"We knew there was a bug when we killed Arthas. But the bug did not happen on every try and we never understood why it happened. We just figured that Blizzard had fucked something up."

A lot of people are saying "Oh they must have known it was bombs!!" but I've yet to see someone explain to me how the guild must have known the platform appeared because one character out of 25 was using saronite bombs in the limited tries they made before he went down. Especially when this was part of his standard rotation in raids.

A few people have said "Oh they spend hours checking their logs after wipes" blah blah blah but the impression I get is this boss is so easy to down they didn't even need to bother thinking about why they wiped and the bug didn't happen on every try either.

Blizzard made the wrong call. They should have hot fixed the bug and removed the kill achievements. No ban.

All this does is send a message to every bleeding edge guild in the world.. if you come up against a boss for the first time on day 1 and something weird and unexpected happens during the fight that appears to give you an advantage, you down tools and log off straight away.. because if you continue and the boss dies, you risk being banned. That is the message this sends out. Clear and simple.

Find a bug, stop playing.
    bullcrap. Ensidia wasnt banned for finding a bug, like you and some others are trying to insinuate.
    Another user states "whos is going to report a bug now, when you risk being banned"

They were banned because they found the bug then intentionally exploited it. It wasnt accidental, it was intentional, and a little bit of math shows this.

Saronite bombs have a 10 yard range. Which means the platform edge was constantly within 10 yards of the saronite bomb. Why would saronite bombs be getting tossed toward the edge, when the normal fight proceeds with the LK tanked in the center, well beyond 10 yards of the edge?
    Why? Because it was intentional. They figured it out, and tosses the bombs close to the edge for that reason.

The math doesnt lie folks, it simply doesnt. 10 yard range says it all.

In that , they were banned for deliberately exploiting a bug they found.

Had they ignored the bug, and fought the encounter as normal, they wouldnt have gotten banned.

Blizz does not ban people for accidently using a bug. They investigate. Then they ban if they are sure it was intentional.
    and as Ive said, the math doesnt lie.

Quote Originally Posted by DysprosiumDy
    They did that because they fucked up in the design. Apparently they actually make Arthas deal siege damage to the ledge to destroy it, which is just plain stupid. They were aware players would be capable of dealing siege damage. It's always bad design to let something have the possibility of interacting with something it's not supposed to interact with. If you fail at that, you're a bad programmer/designer.

Imo, Blizzard fucked up most and should've just reset the boss and removed the loot/achievement. No retarded 72 hour man.

Bull. the ban was deserve. No one forced ensidia to toss bombs at the ledge after they found the bug.that was their choice. It wasnt something inevitable that was gonna come up no matter what. They had to throw the bombs AT THE LEDGE. And why would they do that unless they knew something was going to happen? If they were honestly just doing the encountr the bombs should have been tossed at Arthas, near the center, where they would never have even triggered the bug.

IMO when ENSIDIA defeated the Lich King, They aLso DEFEATED BLIZZARD AND an ENTIRE EXPANSION!

The rest is all bla bla bla and all of u are gelous for not having skills that make u go so far so fast...

If they killed it bugged , and reported a bug they have the coinscience that they were doing right.

They could just keep their mouth shut up and didnt explain anything about the kill....

you all haters think they failed, but they will keep pwning all the guilds in the world.
    Faster better skilled

They live for this and the rest of guilds just wannabe and feel happy for they to fail.
    Like it diminishes your pain for beeing so faIL

It's funny how tun/ensidia is trying to tell the forums how it wasn't their intention to exploit the encounter hmmmmmm, bull shit. I'm sorry to say that it sounds like a big fat whine. You might have used the saronite bombs in previous encounters which is totally fine, but when you try the lich king over multible encounters you might have said to each other is this an exploit or not. You are all very smart players so you can't say that you didn't know :S
    On a side note, i think it was very clever of you to use the game mechanics to get a bigger advantage, and probs for the world first kill which is indeed well deserved, when keeping in mind of their previous world 1'st. Tho' the ban is also well deserved because you knew that it would exploit the fight.
    Was it really that hard not to use saronite bombs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scigodomega
    They were banned because they found the bug then intentionally exploited it. It wasnt accidental, it was intentional, and a little bit of math shows this.
    bullcrap. There is no definitive proof either way. Personally I find Ensidias account perfectly trustworthy.

Saronite bombs have a 10 yard range. Which means the platform edge was constantly within 10 yards of the saronite bomb. Why would saronite bombs be getting tossed toward the edge, when the normal fight proceeds with the LK tanked in the center, well beyond 10 yards of the edge?
    Why? Because it was intentional. They figured it out, and tosses the bombs close to the edge for that reason.
    Perhaps you should read up on the fight. LK isn't the only thing you DPS in that encounter.

Yeah like a guild such as Ensidia really needed to exploit a bug to make a fight easier that another guild downed on their first attempt. It isn't as if the LK is a hard fight for these guilds, he is easy.
    Yeah they also said that they would have downed him also withough exploiting. But why did they exploit then?

Sorry but they lost the last bit of credibility with that and they lost even more with how they acted after all this happened. Especially saying "We are godlike, everyone else is just some scrub and WoW will die if we quit!".

Amazes me that, after all these years and such a number of blatant lies, there are still people out there who blindly believe every dishonest statement Ensidia makes. Stunning.

Personally, I'm just glad it finally caught it up to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocstar
    My personal belief is that whoever plays a hunter in the arena testing they have done since season 1 is just a monster, skilled beyond all belief and manages to whomp on the testers playing other classes. They in turn nerf hunters each and every patch to close the gap on this superhuman hunter demigod.... Slow down on the skills man, we don't stand a chance now and we can't take much more of the nerf bat.

And just because people have engineering doesn't make them a cheat. Going to ban engineering now?
    Your lack of context amuses me.

hard luck at the most..... i still honestly say that blizz need to wake the hell up seriously that ban was not called for.... Ensidia rock still #1 to Supreme Legacy guild of Frostmourne US

As far as i've been able to read, it seems that people are blaming the whole guild and not the singular rogue who was the person using the saronite bombs.
    I mean we don't have any good resources of any kind and really, wether it's fair or unfair, Blizzard will not care as far as I can guess.
    Also, when Valkyr's tries to get a raid member away (this is guessing as I havn't done the encounter yet) do they fly towards the edge? Well couldn't the saronite bombs be used to damage the valkyr? That'd be a possibility.
    And again, maybe it was only the rogue who knew about that it was bugging, but then again, how could they be sure that it was a bug? It's possible to encounter bugs in WoW where it's by accidence and that you didn't even know that it was a bug.
    People seem to just be throwing wild accusiations around in the air without having any or little knowledge about what really happened.
    Anyways, they got banned, Blizzard can do that if they want, so not much to do about it...except for of course the normal QQ'ing about everything, I bet that'll help.

Also, sorry if my English is somewhat crap.
    - Hean the Insane

Quote Originally Posted by Hean
    People seem to just be throwing wild accusiations around in the air without having any or little knowledge about what really happened.
    Yeah maybe some wrong accusiations were done but fact is that they got banned for exploiting and they got their achievements removed. As already mentioned removing achievements is a major step from blizzard that cannot just be done from some of blizzards trainees.
    Blizzard has tons of possiblities to perfectly analyze what really happened (if the exploited or not). And obviously they did.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes
    Ok got a question for you guys

Blizz banned Exodus for exploiting a bug in a boss fight
    Blizz banned Ensidia for exploiting a bug in a boss fight

Whats the difference?
    exodus'bug is an unforseable (yet reproductible) consequence of an out of the ordinary behavior.
    ensidia's bug is the direct result of a common thing that's been documented, discussed and commonly used by rogues all over the world, and therefore should NEVER have made it past the gates of any kind of testing.
    it's still a bug exploit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffen
    GM's actively watch all the first few attempts on 25man and i think 10man, if Ensidia clicked "Open Ticket" the wait time would have been instant.
    qft
    but this also tells us something else. blizzard was somehow watching over their attempts. ensidia were most probably not the only ones to notice the bug. actions should have been taken the very moment that bug popped up.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

This is so funny that it amkes my stomach hurt. Countless evidence has been presented by those who have done the encounter and even killed him (in 10 man). Yet for some reason so many people still blindly believe every word Ensidia speaks. At least Exodus fessed up when they got caught. What little respect I had for Ensidia is now completely gone.

All you fan boys can now just stick your heads in the sand.

Well Ensidia can prove if they are innocent or not. Gief complete WOL's and a movie, then everyone will see if they droped bombs on the edge to cause the exploit and did they killed the Val'kyrs in p2 or just let them carry the players to the Ice and drop and nothing happend. But as they don't post this things I assume they are guilty, and I think Blizzard checked everything. Everyone has a opinion, but Ensidia is hiding something, and they deserved the ban long time ago. The rules are for everysingel one, if your don't like them, don't play the game.

Can't get tired of this. It really says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallener
    This is so funny that it amkes my stomach hurt. Countless evidence has been presented by those who have done the encounter and even killed him (in 10 man). Yet for some reason so many people still blindly believe every word Ensidia speaks. At least Exodus fessed up when they got caught. What little respect I had for Ensidia is now completely gone.
    Nobody has provided any evidence that Ensidia purposefully exploited a bug. Given Blizzard's abysmal track record in WotLK I am more willing to take Ensidia at their word than Blizzard.

I don't care what Ensidia did. After all the bullsh*t whining about every other guild in the world that downs soemthing before the do resulting in other innocent guilds being banned, it's about time the Karma Cops paid a visit. Now if only Blizzard could charge Ensidia with a "Spend 72 hours outside of your parents basement" punishment on top of that.
    I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traejun
    I've blown up punk ass dragons before...I'll do it again.

seems like it took longer for guilds to learn putricide than lich king.

what does this tell us ?

Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddhaman
    what does this tell us ?
    they went all out on the final boss and took a wing end boss more lightly ?
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.