Thread: Locks in PvP

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Locks in PvP

Hello i would like your opinion about locks in PvP after 3.3.2.

As i have seen most locks have turned to Affliction nowdays for pvp so do i. Imo in circumstances when the duel-arena match-bg is about to end in 1min or less locks arent even competitive as other classes. Ofc i didnt like the situation in TBC when SL-SL lock was cheat but i dont like this situation nowdays either when 1 lost fear=lose. Anyway this is my opinion i would like to see yours...

Re: Locks in PvP

I've seen alot of high rated warlocks.
    Pvp wise all 3 speccs are somewhat viable.

Pvp is quite good in pvp, destro brings alot of burst, demo some survivability, and affli brings cc and multidotting, making the healer having fun decursing and healing.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

For BGs (don't have the gear for arena yet) I think Affliction with voidwalker or Demo Meta spec to be pretty cool. Never seen a rogue die that fast with felguard enraged, meta, immo aura, Shadowflame, Shadowburn and loads of other instants. Affliction (still talking about BGs) is pretty much Fear healer and watch the others die because of your dots.

In 3v3 situation lock is still very good. As about destro, against >950resil sucks terrible. That confl nerf was the end. At least for now..

Quote Originally Posted by Thafisker

Pvp is quite good in pvp
    lolwut? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    That's because you're not looking.

Searing = Firy = Hot = Molten = Lava = Volcano = Disaster = Death
    Blade = Sharp = Pointy = Feather = Bird = Wing

Searing + Blade = Death + Wing

Thus, if Searing + Blade is equal to Burning + Legion, as well as to Death + Wing, and Death + Wing is equal to Old + Gods, then Burning + Legion = Old + Gods.

Simple math.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistered
    In 3v3 situation lock is still very good. As about destro, against >950resil sucks terrible. That confl nerf was the end. At least for now..
    Don't think the Conflagrate nerf and the resilience changes are that bad - Destro locks can still kill stuff, they just need some more help from their partners now (which is fine with me, taking somebody from ~80% to dead in a four casts if Chaos Bolt crits is not really balanced). But I switched to Shadowplay now, anyways...played Holy Paladin/Elemental Shaman/Destruction Warlock for about two months of S8 and felt kind of guilty. ;D

get lock, be affliction, get 600-700 haste, get 100 days /played and gz you're a pro =D locks are a good class atm

Quote Originally Posted by Spamaspell
    lolwut? :P
    You can't deny he has a point there 8)

I am so happy with my lock right now I was expecting this to be a "nerf warlocks" thread.

No joke.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz
    I am so happy with my lock right now I was expecting this to be a "nerf warlocks" thread.

No joke.
    As it should be.

No joke.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    The thing about warlocks is that you need PvP gear to survive anything, otherwise you die in 1 second.
    Kinda how it is for every non-plate wearing class or a skilled Rogue. :

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    As it should be.

No joke.
    You're saying locks need a nerf? or agreeing with me? sarcasm is hard to see in text.
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Thafisker
    I've seen alot of high rated warlocks.
    Pvp wise all 3 speccs are somewhat viable.
    You obviously have not been paying very close attention. Demo =/= good for PvP. It's just like how every Dps spec for warlocks requires it to be part destro, every PvP spec needs PART demo. Demo as your main tree will not work for PvP. (And no, I do not consider bg's real PvP, because you can beat a lot of people without even having talent points).
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubroya
    get lock, be affliction, gz you're a pro =D locks are a good class atm

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    You obviously have not been paying very close attention. Demo =/= good for PvP. It's just like how every Dps spec for warlocks requires it to be part destro, every PvP spec needs PART demo. Demo as your main tree will not work for PvP. (And no, I do not consider bg's real PvP, because you can beat a lot of people without even having talent points).
    yea, thats probably why he had "somewhat" before viable for demo... but yea, demo isnt even very good for bg's, i was in my demo spec (pve) for AV zerg a few days ago, and one failed and turned into a 30 min turtle... was soooo bad being stuck as demo.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz
    You're saying locks need a nerf? or agreeing with me? sarcasm is hard to see in text.
    I won't say they really need a nerf, but they don't need any buffs at all either.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    I won't say they really need a nerf, but they don't need any buffs at all either.
    So you're saying they're balanced... basically.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Felric
    So you're saying they're balanced... basically.
    Ermm, yes. :P Probably even closer to OP then to UP.

Locks are fine. In 3.2.2 affliction locks became abit better with the resilience changes but destruction is still a very good specc

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    Demo locks are amazing in 5's.