Deleted

Ret paladin looking for easily acquirable trinkets

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...7gall&cn=Nzall

i don't have enough money for greatness, it costs 5-6K on my server. last time i had that much money, i tried to make more out of it and ended up spending it the wrong way on the AH, loosing all of it.

i am more specifically looking for a few puggable trinkets to replace my battlemaster's conviction (and maybe my mirror of truth).

any trinkets worth going for?

Re: Ret paladin looking for easily acquirable trinkets

That Battlemaster / WG trink is one of the best to start with except Greatness card really,

The Forge of Souls trink gives nice Crit, but the ArP proc is pretty rubbish for ret pally so Mirror of truth is > FoS trink tbh

Deaths Choice is your best bet, but obviously hard to obtain since half the raid rolls on that. The Expertise Trink from TOC 10 is orite if you're not capped, but there won't be many that beats that 190AP from the pvp trinks

Deleted

i see...

what about whispering fanged skull? it should be rather easy to attain, given it is the second boss from ICC10. and not many people would roll on it.

edit: and the frost badges trinket?

Deleted

Does "puggable" mean 5-man instances?
    Because you can also PUG Trial of the Crusader 25 and try to aim for Death's Verdict/Choice, although it's hard to find a PUG where it's not locked.
    Icecrown Citadel 10 is also puggable and drops Whispering Fanged Skull from Lady Deathwhisper.

Other than that, it's not easy to obtain good trinkets.
    I'm running with Darkmoon Card: Greatness and Mark of Supremacy, but since I'm already over hitcap I usually run with the Mirror of Truth. Stupid gearscore requirements everywhere make me cheat the raidleaders a bit.
    And I do raid. But I have had tough luck so far.

Here is what you may want to get:
    Death's Choice; Trial of the Crusader 25, Val'kyr Twins
    Vengeance of the Forsaken; Trial of the Crusader 10, Faction Champions
    Whispering Fanged Skull; Icecrown Citadel 10, Lady Deathwhisper
    (Needle-Encrusted Scorpion; Forge of Souls, Devourer of Souls
    I wrote the scorpion in italic because its proc is subpar for retribution paladins, but if it drops you can always roll on it and decide later.
    The Darkmoon Card is still a pretty nice trinket, but comes at a high price. You may want to check the auction house for the single materials of the card rather than the complete product. A friend of mine got it for about 3000 Gold this way. Just compare prices for the single cards and maybe you're lucky.

Start doing dailies and get greatness in a few weeks.

And mirror of truth.

Mining is pure profit. And jc you can just stand in org and cut gems and not try the ah game. There is no reason you can't afford a greatness deck.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Mining is pure profit. And jc you can just stand in org and cut gems and not try the ah game. There is no reason you can't afford a greatness deck.
    Correct. I've made about 170,000g this expansion. making money is NOT hard in wotlk. The argent dailies are a healthy income over ~1500g a week for like 20mins a day. What a joke.

Edit: That was looking at how much I've acquired since the xpac has come out. It's nowhere near what I actually have. I have much less, but still a hefty amount.

Right now I'm sporting a really random assortment of gear... my trinks are Mirror of Truth and Grim Toll (I know, discount this whole post now). I just got rid of http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45458 for the axe dropping off of Saurofang, so my Grim Toll (or pyrite infuser if you're able to get it) is more important now to keep my at hit cap. If you are under hit cap, go for something that'll get you there. If you are at hit cap but under exp. cap, go for something with expertise. If you're capped for both then go for the trink of TOC 25 or something that gives you crit... you might even want to go for the Frost Badge haste trinket. You could use the extra haste, depending on how your stats are layed out for you now.

There are not a whole lot of great trinks outside of the greatness card for ret pallys... we kinda get shafted, unfortunately.

You could update your battlemaster's trinket. You get 66 more ap for 35k honor, no rating required.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by xinus
    There are not a whole lot of great trinks outside of the greatness card for ret pallys... we kinda get shafted, unfortunately.
    these little boys would like to have a word with you.

Depending on what you mean by easily acquirable, ToC25 is not too frustrating to pug and DV / DC is better then DMC:G and also WFS is pretty much a direct upgrade from MoT so there is absolutely no downside, and LDW10 is not terribly hard either.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by luthe
    ToC25 is not too frustrating to pug
    come play on my realm..

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    come play on my realm..

horde pugging on my server is like bill gates competing in the special olypmics << you know everything and everyone else would rather spin in a circle or run into a wall over and over again