Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dreamwalker Healing

Hi I am a prot/ret pally in a 10 man raid guild, I have never Healed on him but I have a full
    232/245 badge healing set, for our attempts at Dreamwalker the guild wants me to go holy and heal it. I've searched for specs/gems/glyphs but havent found anything specific to that fight, so Im asking if anyone can help me with a spec,glyphs and any healing tips sepecific to that fight. Thank you for your help.

Re: Dreamwalker Healing

From my understanding if you're going to be going down the portals (most likely) then you are going to have no mana issues whatsoever. Spell power and anything that increases your healing (i'm thinking glyph of seal of light) would be beneficial.

Its very easy to heal as a holy paladin and you can easily do 20k+ HPS on that fight even with bad gear.

As the above poster said, you can ignore all mana regen trinkets, librams, glyphs, etc as you will have 100% mana throughout all the fight if done correctly.

I used standard glyphs for the fight since it wasn't a problem for us (beacon, holy light, seal of wisdom). but if you have troubles with it you should reglyph seal of wisdom for seal of light. thats it really for glyphs.

Most paladins use libram of renewal (less mana cost on holy light) but since its useless on this fight you can switch to something like Libram of Veracity (more spell power when using holy light) which is alot better for this. Also remember to use flask of the frost wyrm and not distilled wisdom or mojo.

For the fight itself there are obviously different ways of healing it - the way we did it was simple: The paladin takes all the nightmare portals while the other healers heal the tanks and raid while you're inside. When you're inside you need to gather as many green clouds as possible, you should aim to stack about 5-6 clouds per portal. When you get out you put a beacon on Valithria and spam heal the raid/tanks with holy light, nonstop spam even if the raid is on full hp, just keep spamming untill the next portal is up. be ready to take the next portal right away and gather new clouds, if you do it fast enough the new clouds will stack on the clouds from the previous portal phase and you will end on 10 or something stacks which is huge +healing. do the same thing when you get out, spam heal the raid with beacon on Valithria. you keep doing that all the way through (you will probably end on 35-40 stacks of the cloud buff and do 100k+ crit heals)

Just remember to keep beacon up on valithria, if you glyph beacon it should be easy.

Good luck with it-

The above posters give solid advice. If you're building a Holy set solely for this encounter, you can do many things against the norm that work amazingly here but nowhere else. Mana will not be an issue at all, so gem and gear for the highest amount of Haste and Spellpower you can get your hands on. Crit will be great as well, so try to get a bunch of SP/Haste/Crit gear. Also grab the Meta that gives you (if I recall correctly) 5% larger crits. Spec Holy/Ret (you will likely not be able to do much with DG given your frequent forays away from the rest of the raid).

As for the fight itself, the most important thing is to not let your stacks fall off. Above all else. This is even more important than healing the raid (maybe less important than healing the tank but, for once, that should not be the Holy Pally's job). A DPS can die and it can be worked with, but if you get 15 stacks and then they fall off and you have to build them up again, you've added a solid 30 seconds to the length of the fight. Make sure you're next to a portal and ready to enter as soon as it opens up. And when you're inside, watch your timer and make sure you get a stack right before you get kicked out. You do not have a lot of leeway to work with. You can only miss a combined total of about 8 seconds on either end before your stacks drop and life sucks. Your goal should be 3-5 stacks per portal with an end result of 30+ stacks.

Half the healing is done in the last minute of the fight, so don't freak if healing looks really low for your first few attempts. If your DPS wipes at ~2 minutes and the boss is only at like 58%, there's a strong temptation to start wondering if you need more healers. Just bear in mind that the amount of healing you do at the end will be absurd. We had a 245 geared Pally in our Alt Run whose HL Glyph was hitting for 40k+ at the end.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest

As for the fight itself, the most important thing is to not let your stacks fall off. Above all else.

Now i want to specifically ask on this, in 10s situation:

1. I stand at Valithira's mouth, the portal spawns in front of me *yay* so I go in, swim my way around her, get the orbs, and most probably end up at her tails, I automatically got ported out after 5 stacks of buffs. I then HL for a few times before she emotes again and the portal almost ready....this time AT HER MOUTH. So i have to run all the way there, wasting some 5-6 gcd worth of healing, and got in. Is this pure bad rng?

2. Problem with popping the orbs. Being in 3d, almost all the time I didnt pop the orb smoothly enough, having to wait 1 sec or so before it pops. Any tips on this?

3. When the portal timer almost runs out, no. 2 happens, and that last orb didnt pop.; so I got ported out with the buff timer already ticking a lot, which usually ends when I entered the next portals and me losing the stack. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by a7427c
    Hi I am a prot/ret pally in a 10 man raid guild, I have never Healed on him but I have a full
    232/245 badge healing set, for our attempts at Dreamwalker the guild wants me to go holy and heal it. I've searched for specs/gems/glyphs but havent found anything specific to that fight, so Im asking if anyone can help me with a spec,glyphs and any healing tips sepecific to that fight. Thank you for your help.
    you cry for help before you even saw the boss yourself?! read guides moar? copycat kills rule...

Quote Originally Posted by Kampret
    1. I stand at Valithira's mouth, the portal spawns in front of me *yay* so I go in, swim my way around her, get the orbs, and most probably end up at her tails, I automatically got ported out after 5 stacks of buffs. I then HL for a few times before she emotes again and the portal almost ready....this time AT HER MOUTH. So i have to run all the way there, wasting some 5-6 gcd worth of healing, and got in. Is this pure bad rng?
    I've killed (saved?) her 4 times. 10/25 on my Holy Pally main and 10/25 on my Bear Tank alt. I cannot recall a single portal spawning behind her. I've seen a few to her sides, but it seems like the vast majority have been at her front. I don't know if this is by design or if that's just the way its been for me, but I simply try to end up at the front. I've found that I generally have time to make about 3/4 of a circle around her in the portal. So I try to grab a portal to her left or right, make that 3/4 of a circle and land in place to take the next one and go the other direction. I'm not sure what you're doing to lose 6 GCDs in movement. That seems long enough to practically get from one end of the room to the other.

I guess all I can say is to be a bit quicker on the inside so that you make it more than half way around and then plan your direction and portal choice so that you land in a favorable position.

2. Problem with popping the orbs. Being in 3d, almost all the time I didnt pop the orb smoothly enough, having to wait 1 sec or so before it pops. Any tips on this?

3. When the portal timer almost runs out, no. 2 happens, and that last orb didnt pop.; so I got ported out with the buff timer already ticking a lot, which usually ends when I entered the next portals and me losing the stack. Help?
    No tips that I know of. Just fancy footwork with your mouse, auto-run and space bar. Personally, if I miss one, I don't go back for it or pause to wait. There are so many of them that I think it's best to just keep going to the next one.

Just be better, I guess? If you are having trouble with keeping them on, then just stop near a cloud and wait until you have ~2 seconds left then pop it. It's much better to get one or two less stacks but keep the ones you have up than it is to have your stacks fall off.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

The important thing is to ensure your stacks do not fall off. A good tip I picked up on is when you enter Dreamstate, swim to the back of the room gaining stacks as you go and then head back to the front of the room, being sure that when Dreamstate ends you fall back onto the spot where the portals spawn. This means you can just spam heal Dreamwalker without having to worry about movement and be in a position to take the portal right away when they spawn meaning the stacks never fall off and you never miss a portal.

Communiate with the other healer, make sure they do the same thing on the other side so you do not take the same portal and end up fighting over orbs in Dreamstate.

Our Holy off spec pulled 17K HPS on this fight last night. I pulled 10K on my Shaman because the stack wore off when I got in a spot of bother in getting to the portal which closed on me. Stacks falling off is a massive drop in HPS so retaining it will help win the fight easy.

It's probably been said also, but Beacon Dreamwalker, because any overheals on the raid will still heal her in full. Save cooldowns for when dreamstate ends, otherwise enjoy a really cool and unique fight for healers, there aren't many so savour.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Can someone pst how many healers are needed in the portals for both 10and 25 man? Our raids were having alot of problems with this boss. I know its gona depend on the raid make-up and healer type, but what would the bare minimum of healers required be?

Quote Originally Posted by tawney
    Can someone pst how many healers are needed in the portals for both 10and 25 man? Our raids were having alot of problems with this boss. I know its gona depend on the raid make-up and healer type, but what would the bare minimum of healers required be?
    I've done the 10 and 25 man versions of the fight this week.

For 10 man, we 2 healed it (1 resto druid, 1 holy pally). The resto druid stayed out the entire time, I went in and stacked orbs. The fight was a JOKE on 10 man. It was over pretty quick. The resto druid didn't have many mana problems or any issues keeping anyone up.

25 man was a bit harder for us. We had 6 healers, and kept 2 inside (both holy paladins) while rotating the others in sets of two inside. It took us a few tries, and went pretty slowly. I honestly think the best idea here would have been (looking back) would be to have 3 healers in full time, and have the other 3 rotate in 1 at a time.

I don't know if I would personally build a separate set for this fight. Toss on some SP trinkets, veracity, and MAYBE glyph of seal of light and you should be fine. I think it's more about not dropping stacks and keeping beacon up than it is your spellpower. If you drop stacks at 20 midway through the fight, no amount of spellpower will make up for it.

As for the post above about the orbs being tricky, I noticed something similar. To combat this, I did a little zig-zag in the middle of each orb (as I was moving forward) and it seemed to be a bit more accurate. It is REALLY important to make sure you get the last orb right before the portal phase ends.

Yup, keeping your stacks up is crucial. 1 holy paladin in 10-man and 2 in 25-man should be enough to save her.

Very good advice so far above, the one thing i haven't heard yet is to make sure you dispel any movement impairing debuffs from yourself before you go in.

This is also a good time dust off your Holy/Ret spec. Both for the +crit, and for the PoJ talent in Ret.

Ty for the advice. My healers were doing something wrong. On ten man I had 2healers go in and we still couldn't down her. My raid killed all 9bosses prior to her so we were decent.

Confirming pallies beaconed boss and spammed the raid with heals while out?

Also I've heard guardian spirit works on the boss. If 2priests both have gs I'm assuming you would stagger them? I don't play a healer.

if you have 2 guardian spirits have them both glyph it (If GS doesn't save them it resets to 1m CD) and start rotating it probably 3 or maybe 4 portal phases in.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

Quote Originally Posted by aeauvian
    25 man was a bit harder for us. We had 6 healers, and kept 2 inside (both holy paladins) while rotating the others in sets of two inside. It took us a few tries, and went pretty slowly. I honestly think the best idea here would have been (looking back) would be to have 3 healers in full time, and have the other 3 rotate in 1 at a time.
    I disagree strongly with this. Rotating in healers is a terribly bad idea. The whole point is to get an absurd number of stacks and to start healing the boss for obscene amounts in the last ~1 minute of the fight. This simply cannot be done if you miss any portals. With that in mind, there's also no reason at all to send in any healer that's not going to be chaining his stacks.

Three in. Three out. Holy Pallies and Resto Shamans excel at boss healing while Resto Druids are great to have stay out (they can keep hots on the boss as they raid heal for some impressive numbers). Disc Priests should obviously stay out, while Holy Priests can do just fine in or out.

Hero should be popped during the last minute when your three healers have a ton of stacks. This is also when you should be popping wings and T10 2P. And don't forget that you can buff the boss. Having your Holy Priest wings the boss at the same time you've got hero and CDs up is freaking amazing.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Ok now I'm confused about beacon of light. People are saying to beacon the boss. Yet from what I've read beacon target cannot crit. Wouldn't the boss take more heals if you beacon the tank and spam heal the boss? I dont heal this just confuses me and I may be wrong. Please explain this as I'm really wandering and wana down her this week

P.s. beacon won't take overheals right? Which would lessin the beacons heals taken.

Quote Originally Posted by tawney
    Ok now I'm confused about beacon of light. People are saying to beacon the boss. Yet from what I've read beacon target cannot crit. Wouldn't the boss take more heals if you beacon the tank and spam heal the boss? I dont heal this just confuses me and I may be wrong. Please explain this as I'm really wandering and wana down her this week

P.s. beacon won't take overheals right? Which would lessin the beacons heals taken.
    Beacon heals for the full ammount of any heal that lands on a person in range. So, for example... Your Beacon is on the boss and your tank is at 40,000 of 50,000 health. You cast a HL on the tank and the HL crits for 30,000. The tank will be healed to full with 20,000 overhealing done and about a second later, a 30,000 heal will land on the boss.

Beacon cannot crit a second time, but if the original heal crits, the full amount will be transfered. Beacon also doesn't care about overhealing done to your original target. If you heal someone who is at full life, the total amount of that heal will still be transfered to the Beacon target.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

I disagree strongly with this. Rotating in healers is a terribly bad idea. The whole point is to get an absurd number of stacks and to start healing the boss for obscene amounts in the last ~1 minute of the fight. This simply cannot be done if you miss any portals. With that in mind, there's also no reason at all to send in any healer that's not going to be chaining his stacks.

Three in. Three out. Holy Pallies and Resto Shamans excel at boss healing while Resto Druids are great to have stay out (they can keep hots on the boss as they raid heal for some impressive numbers). Disc Priests should obviously stay out, while Holy Priests can do just fine in or out.

Hero should be popped during the last minute when your three healers have a ton of stacks. This is also when you should be popping wings and T10 2P. And don't forget that you can buff the boss. Having your Holy Priest wings the boss at the same time you've got hero and CDs up is freaking amazing.
    I can see where that would work. We were just under the impression that you should rotate and did it, and got the boss down. I'll push next week to try 3 in 3 out and see if it's any smoother for us

Quote Originally Posted by aeauvian
    I can see where that would work. We were just under the impression that you should rotate and did it, and got the boss down. I'll push next week to try 3 in 3 out and see if it's any smoother for us
    Yeah. We meandered our way through or kill as well. We didn't really understand the power of keeping up stacks and even sent DPS through on our first attempt. We three shot it so it wasn't really until I got back in there in 10 man and on alts that I started to understand the finer points of the fight. I'm really really looking forward to blowing it out of the water next week.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Beacon heals for the full ammount of any heal that lands on a person in range. So, for example... Your Beacon is on the boss and your tank is at 40,000 of 50,000 health. You cast a HL on the tank and the HL crits for 30,000. The tank will be healed to full with 20,000 overhealing done and about a second later, a 30,000 heal will land on the boss.

Beacon cannot crit a second time, but if the original heal crits, the full amount will be transfered. Beacon also doesn't care about overhealing done to your original target. If you heal someone who is at full life, the total amount of that heal will still be transfered to the Beacon target.
    cool..thanks that clears it up for me

Cheers for the info on this fight, we struggled on Dreamwalker this week but I know now that it was all due to my terrible stack management and our plan to rotate healers in portals.

Could you heal dreamwalker with just one reasonably geared holy paladin?