Disc Healing 25 man Festergut

I was wondering what rotation you guys use when healing Festergut on 25 man as a Discipline priest, especially during 2 and 3 inhales.

Do you:

1. Shield/Penance/Spam Flash Heal in between Penances?
    2. Shield/Penance/Spam Greater Heal in between Penances?
    3. Shield/Penance/Spam combo of Shield Someone then hasted G-Heal the tank?
    4. Something else?

Obviously most people pop Pain Suppression at this phase as well. Do you also Power Infuse yourself?

Do you also POM in the middle of this? Does POM do enough healing to justify it's use in this maximum throughput situation?

Please note I'm only addressing a Disc priest on Tank healing duty and during the 3rd inhale phase, not raid heals and not general healing strategy and tips. I'm basically trying to maximize my throughput for this phase.

Re: Disc Healing 25 man Festergut

First of all we agree with other healers and tank on CD use to reduce damage and/or improve heals.

Then I personaly use option 2 : PW:S > PoM > penance > GH util penance up.

During the Cd I am not using PI. After CD's duration, then I power infuse our paladin if he's there, or myself otherwise. Usually I try to use shadowfiend as well during this phase since I don't have improved healings.

Hope this can be helpful to you. I don't have specific issues doing that I have to say

If you have time to push your Flash Heal button, you generally have time to replace that Flash Heal with a Mending, considering Mending hits harder and goes off on next hit anyways (which on a fight like Festergut is guaranteed to matter).

Don't forget, you have Barkskin/Shield Wall/Divine Protection/whatever the Death Knight thing is, and even a Guardian Spirit that you can usually add counting your Pain Suppression to be enough. (A Paladin could easily justify Glyph of Salvation here, considering the threat pickup from the added damage output >.>). Proper timing and execution of these is just as important as your spell priority.

We generally bloodlust during the third inhale the first time, given that there's a longer gap for spores to be going out so there's more time guaranteed at max burn, so our healers have the increased haste that time. If you have Bloodlust, or Borrowed Time, or Power Infusion, at about 600 haste you should be doing Penance on cooldown and a Greater. If none of these apply to you, then go Flash, but there's no reason you can't do Power Infusion given its cooldown.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Don't cast PW:S specifically to haste the following spell unless the shield will be used. If you have <655 haste keep PoM and Penance on cooldown, keep Weakened Soul on the tank and spam Flash Heal. If you have If you ave 655+ then use Greater Heal instead, assuming you have Divine Fury (if not then shame on you).