Page 18 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Your worst experiences with the Dungeon Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Aliceinhell
    My worst experience?

After waiting in que for 40 minutes, I get in a group.

Teleport in.

Take two steps forward. - Didnt realise at the time I had been teleported in there backwards and my 2 steps made me leave the instance.

Now cant get back in que for 15 more minutes >.<

</3
    fail. click the eye to teleport back in.

mine:

reg gun drak. dps pulls threat too easily and a quick look at recount shows he isn't cleaving. i kindly suggest he should cleave for extra threat and he immediately lashes out and says i'm a dumb kid who doesnt have a warrior so i should "stfu". So i tell him to armory my 80 warrior tank, by then one of the dps joins in and asks why he thinks cleave is a waste. he then explains that it's less threat than thunderclap and shockwave. i then explain it replaces auto attack. he proceeds to rage and say that he doesnt waste his time on auto attack. after 15 minutes the vote to kick passed and i just threw on some tanking gear to finish the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by levitate
    So the healers wasted mana healing you while you were impaled the whole fight?

Not likely.
    it was one of my guildies in there healing me because she realized what was going on and once they kicked me she just dropped group.

i remembered another time as i was learning to play survival and i was gearing up. i entered a dungeon, wasnt doing so hot, the healer was being really nice about it, and then out of no where the tank just starts spouting how bad i am and asked me how much i had payed for my account. the healer and all other dps just said not cool and left. i left right after.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Eboreus
    fail. click the eye to teleport back in.

mine:

reg gun drak. dps pulls threat too easily and a quick look at recount shows he isn't cleaving. i kindly suggest he should cleave for extra threat and he immediately lashes out and says i'm a dumb kid who doesnt have a warrior so i should "stfu". So i tell him to armory my 80 warrior tank, by then one of the dps joins in and asks why he thinks cleave is a waste. he then explains that it's less threat than thunderclap and shockwave. i then explain it replaces auto attack. he proceeds to rage and say that he doesnt waste his time on auto attack. after 15 minutes the vote to kick passed and i just threw on some tanking gear to finish the instance.
    Shockwave Cooldown - 20 Seconds
    Thunderclap Cooldown - 6 Seconds
    For everything else there's Cleave.....

I'd just like to apologise to all the healers and DPS that have to put up with arrogant, elitist tanks, we're not all douchebags.

My only gripe is impatient people, I'm playing the game for fun, not to do everything as fast as humanly possible. Some day, I swear, I'll get to see the complete Brann Bronzebeard dialogue in HoS, someday..........

1st thing about the authors experience, i hate that. People expect you to be brill geared for hcs and it sucks, how on earth am i to get geared if i am kicked for being undergeared.

My worst experience was a few days ago in a TOC hc run. in the trash mobs before eadric the pure i was MCed by the priest in the pack which my gfrp had failed to kil quick enough. While MCed i targeted my closest squishy player aka the mage and began to maul him to death with my axes. Now the healer must have been afk or sumthing and the dps slacking like crazy but i managed to kill this poor mage before they killed the priest mob. The mage then accuses me of deliberately teamkilling him (wait...wat?) and votes to kick me, the vote is passed and i am thrown out of the grp...needless to say i was rather pissed
    IT DOTH BE DOOMSDAY! QUICK WHERES THE PIE!!!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aliceinhell
    Take two steps forward. - Didnt realise at the time I had been teleported in there backwards and my 2 steps made me leave the instance.

Now cant get back in que for 15 more minutes >.<
    Lol. You don't get a debuff for leaving an instance (NOT the group) in any shape or form.
    Use the teleport to instance button on the minimap, as Eboreus has said.

I got this cock pally and his gnome 'lock friend in my group once. Both 80s. I thought "Cool, they must be running a guildie through or something. I'll do my best job at healing!" Next thing I know, the pally runs in and pulls the whole first room in AN (regular, mind you, not heroic) and DI's his warlock friend. Of course he dies, so all of the mobs run to me who was foolishly healing this jerk until he DI'd and I die... so do the other three lowbies in my group. They have a good laugh and quit the group.

That was retarded and anyone who gets their kicks from ruining lowbie runs should be punched in the dick.

Every time I get Oculus.

We clear it no problem. I have just done it so many times I DO NOT WANT TO DO IT AGAIN.

Getting heroic Occ with 4 other people from same server/guild who don't know how to use the dragons yet want to blame me for dying yet the healer has the green dragon and doesnt heal, the ambers just channeled and never once used their shock lance when it stacked to 10, and bad use of time stops. So i left and just waited a few hours till my friends logged on to do the daily :-\
    They should make this game harder. Maybe before you log in they ask you questions before you can enter the world, questions like: "When KCl is put into solution (aka added to purified water) and a slight current is added what precipitates form at the cathode and anode?"

Deleted

I tank & heal between my two toon's, the only thing i get frustrated by is when 5k shit-scored bads can't seem to scrape 2k deeps. :x

Last night Heroic Drak. I decided to take a break from my usual tanking and run as ret. The healer was Chain Lightning pulling mobs for no reason and the undergeared DK tank was having a terrible time with threat even when he pulled his own mobs. Before the third boss the healer pulls several raptors onto himself with Chain Lightning and is getting owned. I start attacking the raptors with the tank no where to be found in an effort to get them off the healer. Needless to say they all turned on me and I died eventually. The healer then tells me "Don't pull mobs you can't tank next time." What a scrub.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    I hate that tanks have so much power in these heroics. No one can speak against a tank or he will just leave. I have several times gotten kicked because of a tank disliking me and the rest of the group wont speak against him. :P
    Tanks are the like attractive women. We really want them, not the other way around. They CAN be picky and demanding. We must play by their rules. If you don't, there are literally hundreds of people that will.

Had a great one today. Helping a guildie out to farm NeS, so we group up, and start PuG. as I'm tanking, we get it straight away.

We stroll in, buff up, and I admit, I didnt check to see who had which role. I see priest (forgive the stereotyping, but I presumed they were the healer), paladin (me), Paladin (actual 'healer'), Rogue, and Arms warr (my friend).

I do however notice that our paladin is from the fabled Chamber of Spastics. I type in guild 'Oh man, a chamber pally. inb4 <2k dps)

I pull the first two mobs, and notice my health is spiking a little, but i just figure the healer is just tuning up for it, however, it takes a long time to just down those two skeletons.

I start chaining to the next group of mobs, gather them up, and start to nuke them down, when bam, all the DPS are dead. with my habit of chainpulling I thought 'Oh man... I must have left an AFK healer behind', but then I notice the paladin very slowly casting holy light. our priest announces 'uhhh, healer?'.

and then it hits me.

Healers don't use a royal crest of lordaeron, have a strangely high health pool, 12k mana buffed, use truly hybrid specs, and wear tank gear minus a few PVP holy sets...

I proceed to facepalm myself to oblivion, and bubblehearth at this point.

I died a little bit inside, when i realised these people still exist...

worst experience was a pally trying to heal me in ret spec saying it was his epic healing spec...no beacon nothin...2/3rds down ret tree some in prot and some in holy....jebus

I got UP as a random earlier, I was ported in right in the middle of hte 2nd pull. I just giggled that they had lost a tank that early. So We continue as usual to the first boss, I pull the abom in the hall and then one of them starts yelling not to kill it... we do anyway. I pull the 2nd one after the boss spawns and they kill it before the sword can drop...

Now the mage starts whispering me to hold up so he can boot one of hte pallies in 2 minutes. OK.... The pally gets booted on some of hte next trash pulls and we continue with 4 while on of hte pally's guildies is all confused n stuff. Then for whatever reason we enter the que just before we pull the 3rd boss... and it's that same pally we booted earlier!

Now we're actually fighting the boss and the mage keeps telling us to wait for the pally to get there (yes, the same mage that started the vote kick) and the hunter keeps pegging away (yes, the pally's guildie.) We end up killing that boss before the pally gets there... and then they start throwing insults at ME! So I try to boot that pally again and I get the message "You can't boot anymore people." which made me really confused. I try to bring some light to the whole situation... ya, that was like trying to explain density to some random deli customer, I could just see their faces getting screwed up.

We go and kill the mount boss and I leave the party. I have 99 fricken mounts, I'll put up with almost anything to get that last one.
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.

Every time I queue without guildies classify as the worst experience with the dungeon tool.

One time I got into H Drak on my warlock. The tank and a dps were guildies. Both of them run in, past the first 2 mobs into the pack of mobs behind them. I cast a dot on one mob, which turned on me right away rather than the tank, who made no effort to get it. Now here's the kicker. As I was dealing with this mob the tank forgot about, the 2nd mob suddenly turned on me. I didn't cast anything on it yet it still came at me which can only mean that my Fel Armor is what pulled aggro, which also means the tank made no effort to tag either mob. This all happened very quickly. Our healer was a paly and was behind me near the entrance when the tank took off so no heals were going out right away. The other dps helped me deal with the other mob. The healer called out the tank on his crapiness which prompted him to leave right away. His guildie QQ'd and left. What started off as a bad random turned into a fun one as the replacements were friends and were uber geared enough to both tank and pull lots of extra mobs.

In short, with a bad tank, I pulled aggro with Fel Armor. FEL ARMOR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Judging by your time played, I'm not sure you know what outside looks like, let alone school :P

leveling my deathknight and doing about 1k dps on bosses at lvl 63 or 64 and until the first boss the whole group was talking trash to me about faceroll and stuff and then everyone (who was my level or higher) but me did below 600 dps with tank being second and i having 1k
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, and small minds discuss people. -Eleanor Roosevelt

This experience made me lol a little but I'm sure I made a few people mad. I went in for a heroic, and it turned out to be AN. Anyway we start pulling and I see the tank has like 25k health with BoS up. By this point I'm wondering if he even has the needed def rating to do a heroic as a tank (535 in heroics or 540 in raids). Anyway I ask him if he is def capped or not, no response. I ask again, no response. By this point after waiting ~20minutes in queu to get in group with a tank that can't do heroics I am a little frustrated. I ask him a slightly different question. "how much defense rating do you have". He replies 502. I tell him to leave, he does (during a pull). Then the mage in our group tells me to leave (as if we won't get a tank). So I do. I just lol'd and said, I don't need this that bad.

I am The Scourge - Play Free Online Games

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

I have too many bad experiences with the dungeon tool but 9/10 we clear the instance regardless of tards cause my friend (moonkin main, plays a DK alt that tanks and is dps in my phd 3v3) is usually in the runs with me, but playing a hunter main theres 1 event that springs to mind recently..

Another friend who i know rl plays a lock main, just dinged a druid to 80 and wants to make it resto. I'm like alright, get the Moonkin on his dk to tank, i dps and we start queueing up as a grp of 3. We're not the kind of people like some have stated in this thread who like to go round badmouthing folk and kicking folk because of w/e reason we bash on but we had this proper shit setup (DK tank, Resto druid and remarkably 3 hunter dps setup. The other 2hunters from the same guild). I inspect them both and they are like gemming atrosciously, 1 with 384 hit and 3/3 in FA. We got CoS btw i don think i mentioned that so we all were sighing in agony as the loading screen appeared on vent as it was and out patience was really thin from that. This was before 3.3.3 changes to it too so we got to listen to Mal'Ganis talk reeeeeeeeeeeallllllllllly slooooooooowly too.

Anyway we get to Meathook and my friend is actually one of those DK tanks who spec blood and are capable of using that ability Hysteria , I'm decently geared (6094 gear score , Falin'rush and a couple of 277 items) so as you'd expect i'm capable of pulling 5 digit dps fairly easily over 20 second fights with hysteria and kill shot. Anyway, as I said we arent usually the type of folk who kick folk from instances, hell we didnt even kick these guys but I wanted to from what happens next. One of them links their recount and its like

Nav(thats not actually my char name btw ;p, nor is my account name it) X dps (67.blah%)
    DK tank x dps (15%)
    then an assortment of the other 2 guys doing the other 17% between them

Druid didnt do any dps as he wasnt that confident playing the char.

Then for some stupid reason the 2 of them start bad mouthing me , about how i have no life and all that crap. It took a lot but I kept my nerve and didnt really get dragged in by their crap. At the end of the instance, the DK who I often jokingly call an anal prick because he'll get overly excited at people gaining 1 sp less than they could if they spent 2,500g regemming and enchanting this this and that then retalenting. I know its called minmaxing too but he will literally go on and on at people if given the chance and its normally only mages(his old main) ,moonkins or dks who insist they NEED that Rimefangs Claw from H PoS cause its so awesome for DK DW as 1.6 weapons ftw(thats sarcasm btw). Anyway, I also take the piss out of him cause he properly knows nothing abotu hunters, or so I thought - but he literally tore these 2 guys a new one about ever minor and major(more major than minor) details that they were doing wrong and then left group. We rofl'd as he ripped them apart as the only retort they ever had was "OMG GET A JOB YOU LOOSER"(yes, spelt like that). Only wished we'd kicked them before initiating Arthas looking back in hindsight.

So many wonderful times... LFG itself is just great cuz literally everyday of the 3 randoms I do for 3 alts, I end up in HoS... completely random unless some blizz folk are miffed that people avoid their dungeon and bam its manditorily random.

I've had a DK tank that wanted to zerg pull large sections of the instance, I'm fine with it except casters and ranged npcs don't stand in range of his AoE blood boils and get no aggro so they wind off onto other people. I called him on it and he threw a fit refusing to accept that they missed his aggro and that I was trash for even saying so.

BEST was the healer in my VH group said he was playing playstation and he literally didn't follow group or try to heal til things got really bad & deaths started to kick in, then he'd go back to his other game and the whole while couldn't do a damn thing because the heroic finishes before the 15 min is up.