Page 19 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Your worst experiences with the Dungeon Tool

did a heroic VH with two guys from Stormscale *spits* on my Tauren DK, and whenever I said anything in chat they'd all start Mooing, calling me noob etc, telling me to L2P calling me names.

I got the last laugh though :P CREAMED them all on Dps, like 15% ahead overall, 10/20% on most bosses, plus all the while remaining cordial and polite to them, despite them being dicks.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Playing on my mage today, I managed to do hc HoR two times. Both of them were pretty awful.

Now my mage is still gearing up and both times I was the one with the worst gear in the group.

1st run:
    Group setup: mage (me), (insert dps here), Ret paladin, tree druid and DK tank. First it seemed like easy run for me, since everyone had really good gear. It went pretty ok until the 1st boss, where we almost wiped thanks to low dps. I had about 40% of damage done there, ret pala was around 1k dps and tank was 700. Already had bad feeling about the LK chase part, but I decided to go on. Wiped once before 2nd boss, but killed it without much problems (just time...). Chase part starts! After every mob wave LK was almost at us and we get first wipe already at 2nd last wall, we go again and wipe on last wall. At this point I started to look closer to the paladin since he had awful damage and even the tank started to question him. Paladin only had "lol im oom" as excuse so I inspect him... Spec is all over the place, no judgement of the wise and other mistakes, then comes the gear... several pieces had gems like hit + mp5, mp5 and int gems, but still all ret gear with gs around 5k. Next the combat log, no seal of command used or divine storm, but considering that he used 50% of mana on first wave of ghouls I bet that couldnt be helped much (druid was even throwing him innervates). We go again this time paladin switched to SoC, but still wipe thanks to awful overall damage. Then both ret pala and tank leave at the same time... well we wait for a while and get new ret pala and warrior tank. Even if this ret was awful too the small amount of extra damage our new members gave us was just enough to get us thru. And my mage got a new belt from that!

2nd run:
    Group: Me, Shadowpriest, fury war, resto shaman and paladin tank. Once again people were geared pretty good with sp highest at 5.7k gs. Well this must be easy? WRONG! Shadowpriest is doing awful damage + not using shadowform and manages to aggro mobs just before 1st boss. So we wipe because of low dps. We go again, but this time SP found his shadowform key just before the boss. We barely killed the boss with SP doing same damage as me despite him having 1.2k more GS, then SP dropped the group and we got a warlock "hooray". I think we wiped once before 2nd boss and at this point the fury war started to chew our healer about being an awful player. I found this pretty funny because the warrior himself was barely sporting 2k dps on 2nd boss. Again picture was complete, low dps group = painful chase part. 4 times we had to try it, warrior still was blaming the healer while he himself was still doing awful dps and eating cleaves and vomit sprays.

It makes me really sad how bad people can be and there seems to be some magical GS level where all baddies are (4.8k-5k), usually everyone below this are really good and know their classes. Long post, written when tired, need sleep now.

Doing regular Utgarde Keep with my 70 Arms Warrior. The tank is a 78 Frost DK. First pull and I pull aggro with single target attacks. He yells at me for not assist-targeting. Next pull, he grabs the first group on the left. Death and Decay goes down, so I start my aoe via Bladestorm...I pull aggro again. We made it to the room with the dragons on both sides. He pulls a dragon, which I charge, then stops attacking and sits down. I get vote kicked after me and one of the other dps dies, apparently, one of the others was a friend of his.

Worst Experience HAS TO BE.....

Extremely well geared tank that well couldn't tank. Now when I say extremely well geared, I'm talking pretty much anything a tank would want out of ToGC 25 and IC 25 (before Hard Modes). I got tired of his horrible tanking, kicked him, and tanked the rest of the instance in my Main spec Ret gear. It's always nice to have your own pocket healer so you can do such a thing without any worries.

nothing really new in my story but last night i run a random on my recently dinged deathknight got 2pct9 and some crafted purples and the axe from hpos rest are blue so still pretty crappy gear.

i see the group im with is pretty well geared one warlock for example had 4pct9 and rest a mix of 245/232 gear some crappy choices in gemming but meh its a heroic, at the end of the run i had beat the warlock in overall dps by 2200 lol he carried an amazing 852 dps overall, i was in awe, and not sure how thats even possible really.

another great one happened on my lvl 78 mage i run my random and get VH the healer is shaman who says bear with me im rusty no prob its vh i say, he then starts spamming the pally for BOW _----------------WHAT did i hear right? well the pally properly responds with "dude throw down your mana spring totem we have a mage also then i can throw kings on everyone".-------------------heres where it gets good the shaman says (highlighting this apart from the rest because its so damn good.

"I HATE USING TOTEMS I NEVER PUT THEM DOWN IT WASTES MANA
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

'Randomly' getting Oculus on all three toons.

ok here is a fun one for you... lower level but still a pain in the arse.

on my 45 Shammy...LFG as resto. Get into a group in the middle of Mara... the water section. At the part where the waterfall is with the path that leads in a circle and all the rock guys are there. We clear it no prob.. barely healing anything as tank is geared well enough. At this point I am starting to wonder if they are all lost, cause we keep going around in circles. tank jumps down into a group of mobs and gets hurt from fall... so I jump down there start healing him... then healing myself... tank stops his concecrate(sp) and my healing pulls aggro from all the lizards he had on him... then he leaves the dungeon... as I am trying to heal myself through the mobs attacking me.. all the DPS leave... > I want their names. That was BS. how do you just leave someone, who has been healing you and keeping you alive, to the wolves. I admit I am not a tree healer, or a priest... but I am not a bad healer by any means. And no they were all from diffrent servers so they were not a group doing this for S&G.

Hmm I just dinged my alt rogue, and my nice bf decided to boost me through a couple of dungeons. Macro'd already "excuse dps just dinged", but oh no the shaman (from my server) in the group just had to slate me. Not only about my dps, but started to swear and make personal comments and also tried to get me kicked. I did get angry at the point but just ignored coz the healer was a guildie and the tank was my bf so nw. I was doing about 1.4k dps, not terribly awful I think. Not to mention I'm the GM of my guild, but coz I was an alt wen i logged on to my main I had received a complaint about my alt acting inapporppriately from this dude suggesting I get her kicked from the guild. Wen i explained that I was my alt I nearly pissed myself laughing. He put me straight on ignore.

Invited a pug to a raid (off topic i know) and invited on vent. Began to explain tacs to some inexperienced guildies and he /w me saying exaclty this: "whos this f**King bitch explaining tactics?". ...has left the raid. Seriously do people not THINK before they type?

HC Oculus;
    Tank (pally) and healer (Druid) from the same guild, but (luckily) from different server.

Tank starts RUSHING.
    Not just a fast pace, i can handle a fast pace... especialy with TotT on the rogue i was on that time, but walking WAY ahead of the group, out of range from his healer buddy
    He starts hammering on the 1st boss before the healer ports in to the plateau.
    Mounts his drake... flies to 1st construct group and dismounts and starts hammering them while some of the group still were busy fighting on drakes....
    (My interface hates it when i dismount vehicles while in combat and i often have to /reloadui at that time....)

So i start /w-ing the tank that it doesn't help him rushing things. He still goes on... to the 2nd boss.... already fighting while some of us were still fighting drakes....
    The mage dps died... didn't get ressed... a vote was initiated to kick the non ressed mage.... i voted no so the vote was declined.
    Told the tank that not ressing a dps was not a valid reason to kick someone.He did around 2k, i did around 2k, the other 2 dps were lower but still acceptable for heroics....
    Then he starts bitching about the DPS being low... and otherwise it would "take too long"

On every "sub-encounter" of the 3rd boss he dismounts on top of the mage and starts the group-fights without waiting on anyone. Still bitching to me and others about the low dps and it taking too long.... ("brag....brag.... 5k GS and less than 2k dps.... blah blah.....")

On the ring fight, one of the other dpsers decided to leave the group, so i just did the same as the mage was engaged.....

Felt GOOD to jump the boat on such a fail tank.
    Hope he wiped, so it would take just that bit longer what he was trying to prevent....

Note: imho a good tank leads, in a fast pace, but accounts for the rest of the group with that..... especially in the occulus , with the mounting / dismounting....

Quote Originally Posted by Erutan
    HC Oculus;
    Tank (pally) and healer (Druid) from the same guild, but (luckily) from different server.

Tank starts RUSHING.
    *snip*
    What's the problem here? Was the tank in any danger of dying? Did the mage make any effort to run back? Was the tank the only one smart enough to dodge through all the drakes without aggroing anyone while presumably said mage went and aggroed the dragons, forcing the combat on drakes while the tank got a head start on the pulls?

Honestly, this sounds to me like fail on your groups part, and not the tank's fault. If he can survive without a healer, why stop him from going on? Why is he supposed to hang back and wait for the rest of you lot, when he is perfectly capable of saving some time by going on ahead? In truth, healers in heroics nowadays are more for conveinence than anything else. Only difference a healer makes is to allow the tank to pull multiple groups at a time.

And less than 2k dps in 5k GS? I really hope you're trolling here, cause that's just terrible.

I tanked enough occuluses to know how the place works, and how people usually fail there. This, to me, stinks of your group failing hard, rather than the tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

HC Nexus. Pally tank in dps greens and blues with a shield and green weap. The rest of the dps were fresh 80s except myself. Had about 3 or 4 wipes and 5-6 deaths myself throughout the run but it was just before daily hc reset and i needed the 2 frost for a new item.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm not sure what my worst experence is however the one that does stick out is a CoS run. Get in and after the 5min rp junk is done one of the dps asks me if I can pull fast so we can do a timed run. I said I pull fast anyway so don't worry about it. After 2 waves I notice that I'm second in damage. The icc geared warlock and rogue were both auto attacking n wanding. I asked them to dps and they responded with "we're busy". I logged. I think dumb that well geared people think they should be ran through heroics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Sweet lord almighty, who pooped in your cereal.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie
    'Randomly' getting Oculus on all three toons.
    "Randomly" never getting Oculus since they introduced the mount from it, while doing for at least 3 random hcs a day for me.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by rantus
    "Randomly" never getting Oculus since they introduced the mount from it, while doing for at least 3 random hcs a day for me.
    I know that feeling. I also know the feeling of switching to my shaman alt after running 10 in a row without getting it and then getting Oculus twice in a row. Argh!

Quote Originally Posted by Neophite
    This experience made me lol a little but I'm sure I made a few people mad. I went in for a heroic, and it turned out to be AN. Anyway we start pulling and I see the tank has like 25k health with BoS up. By this point I'm wondering if he even has the needed def rating to do a heroic as a tank (535 in heroics or 540 in raids). Anyway I ask him if he is def capped or not, no response. I ask again, no response. By this point after waiting ~20minutes in queu to get in group with a tank that can't do heroics I am a little frustrated. I ask him a slightly different question. "how much defense rating do you have". He replies 502. I tell him to leave, he does (during a pull). Then the mage in our group tells me to leave (as if we won't get a tank). So I do. I just lol'd and said, I don't need this that bad.
    How did you come to conclusion tank cant do that? I healed Hc Ok with my pally and tank was DK with 27 k health and 350 def and only reason I noticed it was cause I started to wonder his hp and out of curiosity inspected him (usually never inspect people)

not the worst exp so a bit OT but

ran a gundrak last night the other four players were all guildies and they kept trying to get each other killed few funny examples while we were all fighting getting ready for the second bosses shield to drop the rogue runs into the next room and pulls that room also.

then we all agree to skip king dred and as we are doing a massive pull upstairs the rogue this time runs down and brings king dred into the frey lol was very hectic...

but all in all was one of the more fun runs ive done i laughed my butt off at their antics they also kept trying to vote kick each other
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pillowpants
    One time I got into H Drak on my warlock. The tank and a dps were guildies. Both of them run in, past the first 2 mobs into the pack of mobs behind them. I cast a dot on one mob, which turned on me right away rather than the tank, who made no effort to get it. Now here's the kicker. As I was dealing with this mob the tank forgot about, the 2nd mob suddenly turned on me. I didn't cast anything on it yet it still came at me which can only mean that my Fel Armor is what pulled aggro, which also means the tank made no effort to tag either mob. This all happened very quickly. Our healer was a paly and was behind me near the entrance when the tank took off so no heals were going out right away. The other dps helped me deal with the other mob. The healer called out the tank on his crapiness which prompted him to leave right away. His guildie QQ'd and left. What started off as a bad random turned into a fun one as the replacements were friends and were uber geared enough to both tank and pull lots of extra mobs.

In short, with a bad tank, I pulled aggro with Fel Armor. FEL ARMOR.
    i frequently chain pull with tanking. i will frequently body pull groups so they follow me.

if a dps does ANYTHING to generate threat such as bloodrage or evocate? i will ignore the mobs until the dps is dead and then i will taunt off the healer.

you don't dps until the tank has the mob. end of story. END OF STORY.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde
    i frequently chain pull with tanking. i will frequently body pull groups so they follow me.

if a dps does ANYTHING to generate threat such as bloodrage or evocate? i will ignore the mobs until the dps is dead and then i will taunt off the healer.

you don't dps until the tank has the mob. end of story. END OF STORY.
    you misunderstood something... he doesn't complain about his first agro, he says he pulled another one WITH FEL ARMOR TICKS on a mob the tank was supposed to hold
    btw... no matter how fast you chain pull, if someone pulls agro on one of your mobs with something as weak as bloodrage or evocate, you're a fail tank. end of the story.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by koimagheul
    you misunderstood something... he doesn't complain about his first agro, he says he pulled another one WITH FEL ARMOR TICKS on a mob the tank was supposed to hold
    btw... no matter how fast you chain pull, if someone pulls agro on one of your mobs with something as weak as bloodrage or evocate, you're a fail tank. end of the story.
    QFT

And on the topic on 535 def. I've had furywarriors in full dps gear as tanks in hcs. and they were at about 25k. As long as he's good with a onehander and shield macro it's fine. Just don't slack.

Deleted

cant say ive had much bad experience with the dungeon tool actually, but i remember 2 very annoying moments

i queued on my mage for daily hrc and got hor, and as soon i get inside the tank leaves. we queued 3 more times with the exact same result before a tank finally decided to stay :/ god damn i hate ppl who dont even try -_- at least i tried to tank hor hrc on my warr...

the second moment was on my leveling cat druid, got mara end area. the tank was a reti pally who tried to tank with a 2h mace, now, we could prbly have succeeded with a few deaths maybe if we had kept going, but when we started to kill the trash a cloth greenie dropped, the pally needs on it, but a clothie in the grp needs on it too and the clothie wins the roll. at that point the pally leaves grp and the rest of the grp broke up after a few minutes of talking

kinda lame moments i know :/ but thats all i can remb