Page 61 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Warriors can overpower you more? Maybe a 1% larger chance. Inconsequential in the scheme of things. What horrible reasoning you have there my friend.
    152 dodge rating is actually 7-8% dodge and i suppose your reasoning for taking it away from a tank, who actually needs it, isn't horrible reasoning? seriously, just stop, that trinket was bad for casters in arena, end of.

Deleted
    Had the last few days several awfull experiences:

Playing a Prot Pal - Full Heirloom equip properly skilled and leading since using the dungeon finder dps and damage done, excluding three runs:

1. Inviting a 80 for finishing a dungeon because of a healer leaving,
    2. doing a brd run with a high level guildy for full run of the instance and
    3. out of nowhere a dps (that really surprised me).

But now to the concrete worst experience:
    Razorfen Dawn, heal asks me to pull a bit more, so I do, cause I think he will be able to heal me and I say ok I will, while collecting the mobs dps starts to attack before I have them all grouped up, so the ran to the group and killing it - Wipe. Heal starts to flame me for not tanking correctly not having wrath on not using shield not beeing skilled, everything was ridiculous false.

While on my way back to the dungeon he stayed dead not going back to the instance, after all I came back and all the other too, while walking back I told him to run back to the instance but he was still complaining about my abilities - using his swear words here would grant me a ban ....

So I decided not rezzing for being inpolite to me, pointing out insulting me and asking for a favor at the same time is a really bad idea. He brought a lame apology, I started to rezz he started flaming again - cancel rezz ignoring him and writing a ticket for a page of insults, which included half of my family and some animals and or grouping up with them.

POS hc - Funniest instance around.

I have 5 80's - 2 healers, 2 tanks and every one is dual spec'd... so 5 dps

ICK, hehe....

If im tanking, chances are that I will have to solo the boss, ok on my dk but my warrior has a lot of trouble and usualy fails

If im healer, there is not a single time in the last few months that the dps hasnt died in the 1st poisen aoe / chaseing mecanic.

My priest is avg ilvl261, my shami is a little lower but each and every time, all three dps get one shot by either the poisen or the chase "That one". This has nothing to do with my healing as you cannot stop a one shot. (apart from when I get lucky and Guardian spirit the right idiot dps on that ocation) - Mix the two tallents up alot... which ever is the 51 point holy tallent

If im dps, I have to dps and fill what ever roll becomes lacking after the aforementioned mechanics show their ugly heads, as im usualy one of the only people left standing.

This is the easiest fight around & a little boring when you know to RUN at the right time, but apparently my entire battle group baring a very few simply do not know whats going on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonis View Post
    I have a new one, logged in on my Disc Priest, crap gear, but she's doing well, get HoR hc, I'm thinking crap.

I got in after the previous group killed the first boss, down the 2nd wave with me running oom, kill the 2nd boss with me oom, he drops the healing trinket, I need............and the ret paladin needs as well o.O.
    That trinket (regen on healing spells) is absolutely horrible for disc. I also wonder how and why you went oom there. It shouldn't happen unless the whole group is in T7 level gear.
    Last edited by Zka; 2010-11-10 at 02:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My worst experience? Running H HOS... My most hated instance, back before 4.0. Joined instance, everyone in the group had roughly a 2.5k GS, and I was on my Warlock with about 3.5k GS. I was like "oh boy" at first... Everyone just stood around doing nothing for a few minutes so I spoke up and told them to go, and that the healer was doing something wrong, can't remember what. Wrong spec/gear or something and I told him to fix it, and he did. I think I died right away after Rain of Firing a pack and I stopped aoe'ing, the tank couldn't hold packs against the healer... We were kind of struggling through it, the tank was a Warrior so I was trying to help him out as that's my main (although it wasn't my main at the time, but all I ever did was tank as a Warrior).

Tank started improving, albeit incredibly slow and entire group was generally pretty bad. Tank missing mobs, mobs running wild killing people and the healer not even healing sometimes with the the other 2 DPS doing horrid. I was in the worst assembled group ever it seemed... I sighed but tried continuing it. After about 25 minutes, we were past the Lady Chick (we skipped the stone boss) and I was getting angry. I started complaining about the rogue and hunter for being so shitty. About another 15 minutes later we were at the 2nd boss event. The healer wouldn't move out of the laser and died, same with the hunter and the rogue. The tank ended up dying then I died, we wiped. We came back, I told them not to stand in the lasers. And we did it but the rogue and hunter died again by the same thing, the healer almost died.

We run to the final boss, and at this point I noticed they were all from the same server... I think I tried votekicking the Rogue earlier because he just had someone on auto-follow and wasn't doing anything for a good 10 minutes. We get to the boss, pull and he tanks him in the center of the room, all the adds run past him and kill the healer and then wipe the group. We come back from the wipe, I tell them to tank it on the bridge since our DPS isn't going to burn him fast enough and to AOE the adds as they run past. He starts Thunderstorming and no one moves out and they all die and I was the last one alive... I ALMOST managed to kill him by myself, got him to exactly 1%. I began ranting and was like "Seriously? Move out of shit come on, I almost kill him myself... this is pathetic." Which I supposed angered their retarded brains and they votekicked me after being in that dreadful instance for over an hour...
    We're all just a bunch of nut-cases or people egging on nut-cases or people trying to rationalize with nut-cases or people accidentally trying to rationalize with eggers and we all decided for ourselves who each other are. I've returned to deciding that we're all just a bunch of nut-cases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Visko View Post
    My worst experience? Running H HOS... My most hated instance, back before 4.0. Joined instance, everyone in the group had roughly a 2.5k GS, and I was on my Warlock with about 3.5k GS. I was like "oh boy" at first..... I began ranting and was like "Seriously? Move out of shit come on, I almost kill him myself... this is pathetic." Which I supposed angered their retarded brains and they votekicked me after being in that dreadful instance for over an hour...
    3.5k gs and HoS is your "most hated instance"? As even a freshly dinged 80 in any spec, this dungeon is one of the easiest. The only slightly nerve racking moment of the dungeon is the Brann event depending on how pro the tank and dps are in the final phase of that fight.

But anyway, it sounds like despite knowing they were likely all noobs due to their gear level and you could have been a helpful "Dungeon Guide" by advising people *before* each important fight, you decided to just "rant" on them when they made a mistake or caused a wipe.

All you would need to say is:

- Krystallus: "Stay back on knockback from boss and spread well away from each other until you get frozen"
    - large iron dwarf caster trash before giant+golems path of Maiden of Grief: "everyone stay behind the corner and let the tank pull the first few dwarfs around it"
    - Maiden of Grief: "healer, you can stop yourself being silenced by briefly standing in the black stuff just before she finishes casting 'Sorrow'" (you don't even really need to mention this since the boss dies so fast regardless of gear)
    - Brann: "this guy has a quest, don't talk to him until everyone has the quest" or just "anyone need the quest from this guy?"
    - Brann event: one or more of "healer+ranged stay in the room, tank and melee at the top", "dk death grip adds entering room back to tank", "hunter keep up frost trap in right corner", "shaman/druid knockback ads to entrance/tank", "mage aoe once tank has aggro and frost nova any that enter room", "warrior use Piercing Howl" etc.
    - Sjonnir The Ironshaper: you already gave the best advise about the narrow bridge at entrance for tank aoe to pick up ads, but you gave it AFTER yet another wipe now at the endboss when you knew throughout the entire run that these guys were new to the dungeon...

Honestly, if you're going to have that attitude with new players, you not helping others as you can already see costs you so much time you could simply have dropped group the second you saw their far lower gear, waited out the dungeon debuff or did something else and STILL have managed to enter and do another dungeon before the original group with you in it would have completed!
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-11-10 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    - Kologarn: "Stay back on knockback from boss and spread well away from each other until you get frozen"
    Kologarn is in Halls of Stone now? :P

I think why HoS is the most hated is because it is insufferably boring.

Anyway: Worst dungeon experience. A while back, was on my DK alt. We were in Halls of Lightning. I got a random tank from the Kul Tiras server (sorry, but most of the people form that server are idiots) and I think to myself: "oh great..." Anyway, we start out fine and I was about to reconsider my previous statement of the Kul Tiran tank.

Off we go, kill the Lightning Boss (I can't remember his name, shush!) and everything is fine and dandy. Then comes the room with Iron Dwarves and that's where everything went to shit. The tank charges straight into the largest pack of mobs and our healer desperately tries to keep the tank alive while we do our best to kill the mobs. Then the tank pulls another group. And I just back away to a safe location - or try to before I get smacked around and die.

Then the bitching starts. The tank starts hurling abuse towards the healer for "sucking at his class". Then he starts telling me I'm ninja pulling, I out-aggro him, I do this, I do that. I told him: "You're an idiot. Who in their right mind charges straight into a massive pack of titan vanguards and iron dwarves and then pulls yet another group knowing that our healer is overtaxed as it is with all the poison cleansing he needs to do as well as healing."

More abuse. More raging that it's everyone elses fault and he's the best there is.

The vote-kick came and passed with the speed of light. Took us about 2 minutes before we got a new tank for the last stretch to Loken. New tank, one group at the time, easy peasy. Loken dies in record time, everyone happy.

"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkus View Post
    Kologarn is in Halls of Stone now? :P
    lol, nice catch. I meant "Krystallus" ofc - edited! ;p
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-11-10 at 04:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    rant time.

i dinged my alliance warrior to 80 about 2 hours ago and i spent about 3k on epics, blues and enchants to upgrade and be a 'proper' item level for heroics and i was 190 i believe, no chest or shoudlers on AH so BoA still bringing me down. anyway, 1st instance was OK, nothing too much there but by the 2nd instance, which was Gundrak i was 1st on overall damage done after less than 1h at 80. the 3rd was toc hc, god knows how i got that, but again, after resetting after the jousting i was top of damage done and doing the most single target dps to Eadric. strength legs drop, woot, as i only have a blue but the tank rolls need as well and wins of course. i try to get his attention in a civilized manner about 5 times with no response and after the instance he just drops group. thanks mate.

so after a mere 3 instances, i felt like the last 2 were the absolute worst for a long, long time in terms of general atmosphere and quality of play/interaction and i have like 5 horde characters geared through LFD in wrath. i know its a small number of players to be drawing conclusions from but i found it amusing that some of the first alliance i encountered weren't able to out dps, or keep threat from, a warrior with BoAs and an overall item level of 190, as well as finding an idiot who takes your items and then goes blind to chat.

i feel the alliance pain, and i think i've had enough of it for one day.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry View Post
    rogues have tools to survive aoe and continue to bring the deeps- cloak, feint come to mind.
    yeah. like he used any of those.

figured it was implied.

Deleted
    worst experience: getting heroic old kingdom through random LFD on my alt druid tank.

Getting past the first few pack is a nightmare, and half of the time the group disbands after the inevitable wipe on the first pack. I know I'm still learning how to tank on my druid, but this instance shows how a lazy healer and mindless dps can be utter fail against packs that have a deadly mechanic (in this example it's the mob that cast a nasty bolt that brings me to 10% hp).

Heck I even prefer tanking Hor, and usually succesfully do so, rather than tank OK.

I once queued as a DPS and sat around waiting for almost an entire minute before I realised my mistake and requeued as tank!!!

Seriously though, I always laugh when I get my instant queue pops as a tank and see a Holy Paladin, a Fury Warrior, a DK and a Druid in the group, who have all sat through the 20 minute queues on my realm (well, probably only 5 minute for the healer). It just surprises me that people are either so afraid to tank or just hate it so much that they would rather waste 20 minutes queuing for their daily each and every day than just tank the instance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zluu View Post
    worst experience: getting heroic old kingdom through random LFD on my alt druid tank.

Getting past the first few pack is a nightmare, and half of the time the group disbands after the inevitable wipe on the first pack. I know I'm still learning how to tank on my druid, but this instance shows how a lazy healer and mindless dps can be utter fail against packs that have a deadly mechanic (in this example it's the mob that cast a nasty bolt that brings me to 10% hp).

Heck I even prefer tanking Hor, and usually succesfully do so, rather than tank OK.
    Mob is known as Spell Flinger and are the only dungeon mob, afaik, with a damage ability totally independent of its target's gear. You cannot outgear them. However, the two-shot ability has a long cast time and is easily interrupted. If there's a Spell Flinger in a pack, only pull that one pack. For the first Spell Flinger pack in OK (which is a patrol), tell the group to stay back until the patrol comes as close to the entrance as possible then pull it. Mark the Spell Flinger and tell everyone to focus fire it down. If it starts casting its two-shot ability, wait until it has almost finished casting (80%, giving time for dps to possibly kill it before it finishes), then interrupt it with Skull Bash or whatever ferals use these days to interrupt. If your dps is still not killing it fast enough, ask them to interrupt it too.

Otherwise, OK is actually a very fun dungeon to tank, imo. It's a refreshing change in the age of the WotLK total ez-mode dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver View Post
    ...It just surprises me that people are either so afraid to tank or just hate it so much that they would rather waste 20 minutes queuing for their daily each and every day than just tank the instance.
    It just surprises me that you assume everyone *wants* instant queues or to tank just for an instant queue? You learn to do other things while you wait for the queue - in fact, you quite enjoy the time in between waits. In addition, if you are competent and have done all roles to a decent degree, you quite enjoy not being exhausted after doing all 28 dungeons or whatever one-after-the other as a tank, proving that the pace can actually reduce your enjoyment of something.

Tanking is tanking. It's often a tricky job, a LOT of work to be good at, and certainly thankless the majority of the time (I can count the number of times I've been thanked on my tank compared to as a healer - and no I consider myself quite good since others rarely die). There is absolutely no reason why a player on a tank-capable class would chose to tank just for the sake of it, i.e. for instant queues or whatever. You should choose to tank because you want to.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-11-13 at 06:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulver View Post
    It just surprises me that people are either so afraid to tank or just hate it so much that they would rather waste 20 minutes queuing for their daily each and every day than just tank the instance.
    Well, if someone dies or the group wipes, the tank or healer usually gets called out for causing it. Not to mention people are still act anal to people "lacking gear", for not pulling as fast as those impatient DPSers want, etc.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2010-11-13 at 07:23 PM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

finishing ST takes 15 players... some1 leaves, new enters, then some else leaves, new enters... and so on and so on and so on

I queue up for Heroic Halls of Reflection, for the sole purpose of getting one particular item. I wait 15 minutes in queue, and when I finally get in, I'm with a group of people from the same guild, and they are like, "oh damn, HoR, this place sucks, let's queue for H Azjol-Nerub."

Deleted
    Literally 5 minutes ago. Joined a Heroic in-progress in POS last boss.
    DK Tank is complaining about a paladin that had just left ripping him for a noob scrub weapon.
    DK Tank is using the POS axe.
    Boss dismounts and charges.
    DK Tank starts complaining about the number of noobs on dungeon tool.
    Boss takes out Druid Healer.
    DK Tank is still stationary presumably typing still.
    I go down next followed by the rest of the group.
    DK Tank: "DPS dead..." ((did not understand this one))
    Whole group leaves upon corpse run.
    DK Tank: "n00bs" /leave party.
    13 minutes in queue for 1 minute wipe guess another 13 minutes to try my luck again.

Pretty much any instance since I've came back to wow for 4.0.1. Being with all of these tanks with that PvP sheild and has no tank gear and only a tank spec.

Really sucks as I am a holy priest 50% of the time, and an aggro eating DW frost DK the other half of the time.
    i7-6700k | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 | CM Evo 212 | 16GB DDR4 2400 Corsair Vengeance | ASRock Fata1ity k6 z170 | NZXT 440 White |

Recently it has been getting bad for healers with some of these DK tanks. The majority of tanks I get are DKs and the majority of them suck at tanking due to lack of good tank gear. In the past I've had to wait almost an hour on the horde side because the first one I did we wiped on the very first pull and everyone left, then 20 mins later the second one I got in after the first mob I was kicked due to having low gear score. Then 20 mins after that I finally got into the exact same dungeon and we finished in 20 mins. Gotta love horde PvE, Bah haha!

A tank not liking me pull 2 mobs with MD. He calls it ninja-pulling. Classic.