Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    My worst experiences must be in every single random Dungeon were I meet non-social retard. We wipe often and no one gives a damn if I need to go to the toilet fast for a brb.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just met someone who was a dick for the first time.

Was random Grim Batol (gee, that never happens) and I zone in, greet the group. The tank immediately goes off about what a scrub I am and how he's totally kicking me when the timer is up. The tank is in pvpepics, and a 2 handed sword.

I reply a couple of times but realize it's not worth it. First pull, the tank dies right off the bat. Then he runs back in, puts on his tank gear (he totally ignored me when I asked why he didn't have any on) and continues. Everything goes fine until we get to the first boss. The tank ignores the pack to the side and pulls, and everything seems to be going fine, except for the fact that the boss is taking forever to die, and The tank keeps breaking the sheep on the purple troggs.

We wiped, and I checked the recount. I was at the top with 15k dps (I have like 2 or 3 epics) the mage (who was with the tank) was second with 7k, and the hunter (also with the tank) was last with 4k. Tank was 3k or something. I also notice that the timer for a kick has finished, and yet I still haven't been kicked. I wonder why. Finally, I just say, "fuck it, have fun." And leave. I have a feeling they never completed it.
    Kind of why vigilantism isn't a policy to be proud of. It's rather like trying to solve a rat problem by beating them to death with a live cobra.

Deleted
    It was today,just wanna do daily heroic with my warrior,he is pvp arms specced but i dont have problems with doing little dmg.

the instance was vortex pinnacle

i got into group of a good geared pala tank, a 372 geared druid and a bad geared mage and hunter. no problem.

the pala pulls and i wait 10 seconds and then i do bladestorm. everytime i do that i get aggro, what is...shit, but no problem i can kite
    the mobs with intervene,and slow shout,intercept and stuff.
    after it goes like this a few times the mage started to flame me,he starts with: DONT RUN AWAY WITH THE MOBS YOU USELESS IDIOT!
    i tried to explain me but got flamed again and again. the only one who did say the mage should shut up was the healer-well he didn't had to heal much because i didn't get hit and the pala was tanking one mob so i guess he was kind of confident.
    i was pissed off this mage so much because he refused all the time and when we started to explain why it is not bad at all the only things he said were "shut the fuck up" " ill report you" , he flamed we wouldnt unterstand the game and know our classes all the time without being able to understand what we do.
    kind of annoying.
    i so much hated this guy and i feel so sad about what minddumb people are in this game,we couldnt kick him because of timer.

Healing heroic vortex pinnacle last night with a DK tank in half dps gear who was duel wielding non runeforged weapons and 3 dps who were doing less than 8k dps each. The pull with 6 elementals before the second boss was one of the most painful experiences of my life. I went OOM and did 22k HPS to barely keep us alive.

I was tanking a heroic HoO as my random for the day and I was dropped in a group where all the other members were from the same guild. I thought "Oh this should be fairly easy" but I was wrong. I was popping every cooldown I had every trash pull because they wouldn't interrupt or CC (even though I repeatedly asked) and on top of that I was pulling 8k dps (sitting at the #1 spot) with 40% of the damage done.....

I finally am able to push them to the first boss. I explain the fight to them - they say they know it - so I pull. Wipe 1 everyone else dies to beams and I am tanking the boss solo for 45 seconds before I die. I then am barraged with complaints about how I didn't position him properly etc. They ask me to pull the boss to the doorway to avoid beams completely (THIS DOESN'T WORK BTW) so I do and we make it to the first phase transition. Two of the dps die to snakes and the healer and 3rd dps are battling snakes and end up dying to the aoe because they didnt pull the levers...

This continues on with dps dying to the beams and snakes and on the last pull I run down to the pit pull all the snakes, kill them, pull the levers, and make it back up to the boss to interrupt - healer runs out of mana and I die a little later...

I get KICKED from the group because they said I failed as a tank.... Even though they wouldn't listen. It wasted 45 mins of my time trying to help these guys and they still failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromthedark View Post
    Title says all.
    I would like to hear your worst experience/s with the lfg tool.

to start things off.

My worst experience would have to this one Heroic UK run. My gf had just dinged 80 on her hunter, soon after she had asked me where she could get a new ranged weapon from, and UK immediately sprang to mind, so i offered to carry her through some instances on my pally tank, get her some badges to go towards some tier pieces, so i que us up for H UK, group pops immediately we enter and buff and we proceed into the dungeon. It was a mostly geared group aside from my gf.. the healer and one of the dps was in TOGC10/25 gear and the last dps was averagely geared so this was ought to be a fast run. we got to the room just before the first boss, and the little notifiction window to kick a player had popped up, and i noticed it was my gf's toon that was being voted to get kicked, so i clicked no, but i see the message "The Vote to kick has passed" "[Enter gf's toons name here] has left the group" my gf was sitting next to me, and went absolutely nuts. so i asked in group why they voted to kick her. the healer responds with: "her dps was shit, i could pull more dps by spamming smite, she isnt geared enough to be in here" at this point i raged. Ofcourse you could, you outgear her by a mile. wtf is with her not being geared enough to do a heroic...how else are you supposed to get geared.

Quite a dumb reason for being kicked from the most simple of heroic dungeons.
    i don't blame them, i hate carrying undergeared people through dungeons and hcs too...
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

15+ Year Old Account
    A few weeks ago me and the guild's main tank were doing some randoms with our respective alts (my shaman healer and pally tank with his tank DK and fury Warrior) and we get HoO with the pally/warrior combo. I'm tanking and we are clearing the trash with some ease, cc being used and whatnot. We get to the first boss and start it. As soon as the shield goes up me and my guildy head to the left side where as everyone else went off to the right. We wipe and go though some clarification on where people should go and start again. AGAIN they go off the wrong side (even after a lenghtu discussion on it), save for me and my guildy! This time I say "f-this" pop my nitro booster and run over to the other side and snag the snakes, saving the attempt (or so I thought). We get up to the boss and start the next part but i notice the healer has gone OOM. Shield goes up again and we all actually go down together.... save for the hunter that took the stairs to the levers and down goes the healer... dead from the aoe damage. We press on since the boss was in execute/hammer range. Divine protection, WoG, Guardian. WoG, Ardent Defender, with some heals from the feral druid the boss died. The leather gloves drop and the druid needed them and promptly dropped group and the healer dc'd shortly after. New healer and dps que in and whammo server reset starts up.

NOT WORST BUT FUNNY WTF STORY!
    Just recently we were on the same toons doing another random heroic, H-VP. Best run we have had with pugs as of late (both of us had lackluster runs previously) and hell we get the Extra Credit achievement too. Get to the last boss and everything is great... until the healer died due to a massive lag spike and missed the grounded shield (me and my guildy both had one at the same time but were saved from the damage). Again we press on, popping cd's like pez. Second aoe blast nuked the warlock... who was right beside me in the shield (Had that happen more than a few times. You look like your in the clear but not). Hunter dies from the arcane bolts and me and my guildy are the last ones standing with him at full HP and me sitting on 14000.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boulderfist, Carrying Prediction in Raids and Arenas. RL California and Oregon
    Today my guild was busy raiding 25 BoT, im not allowed to head to BoT yet on my alt because im not full heroic geared (missing about 5 pieces, but rocking 3 epics, but I can kind of see their point in wanting everyone to be geared for raids first). So I had to q for random by myself (which took about 40 mins : /). Finally got it and had a decent tank and heals and two dps in mostly Twilight Highland greens, not actually sure how they even got in heroics in the first place. I was averaging 17k dps on most fights while the other 2 dps were somewhere around 4k. Our first healer dced after the first boss and we kicked her getting a new one, but sadly the lovely kick tool told me and everyone else we "could not initiate anymore party kicks" so we were stuck with them. Long story short, 1 hr and 45 min long heroic, with 12 deaths, and many walks back because we had to carry 2 horrible dps. Pugs arent usually to bad for me, but never had that kick tool problem ever before. Thanks blizzard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Dungeon #3, everyone goes to grim guzzler in BRD, no one knows how to open the door. idiot healer attacks some of the neutral dwarves and gets annihilated. repeats this 3 times, getting rezzed each time. eventually, since CLEARLY this was the correct strategy, EVERYONE ELSE STARTS DOING IT, someone aggros the bar leader and the bar aggroes on everyone and murders them all.
    To be fair, murdering the entire bar *is* one of the ways to open the door. When everything is dead a patrol will come from the other side of the door "investigating the noise".

I just hit 85 on my warrior, 6th lvl 85 so far, it used to be my main in BC. Was tanking regs on my way up so not terrible gear but not amazing either. Grab a few PvP blues so i can gear to do the 85 regs until I can get full reg/rep gear then do heroics.

Guildy said hell lets do heroics I will carry you. we queue up, me dps him tanking. Have 2 other dps full 346, 359 crafted/rep epics. Who is on top of meters? me everytime. Shadow Priest pulling 2k trash, 4k boss. Me 18k(bladestorm trash) 12k trash, 13k boss..... priest then inspects me and rages at my pvp gear. Recount gets linked, he actually said i hacked recount to make him look bad......

Sigh. On a good note i have had 3 Random Heroic groups this week that I was tanking for on my DK give my complements.

One healer went as far as to say, ' Huh..... So this is a DK tank.....' lol 80% of dk tanks i have found dont know what Death Strike is...

Quote Originally Posted by Nonfoxx View Post
    i don't blame them, i hate carrying undergeared people through dungeons and hcs too...
    In a heroic? your sig is fully applicable to yourself.
    It was probably pretty safe to say she was playing fine, but low because she just dinged 80.

heroic deadmines last nite

i get ported in on the ship as resto druid
    grp is mage lock drood(me) retpally dk tank

no dramas clearing pirate trash
    then wipe on ripsnarl, coz noone is killing adds
    we did get the ach during the wipe, so i figure they musta been aiming for it
    we kill it the next attempt, albeit with some adds still growing large before dying

wipe on cookie coz noone is eating the badstuff at all, and the dktank and retadin are just standin in it
    clothies were better geared, and werent standing in it, so no fuss there
    seeing the others are in 333 blues mostly, with some sparse 346 and pvp gear, i explain the fight in detail and we get it 2nd shot, no biggy
    still see them standing in it a bit, and i find myself eating the bad stuff from under them, but we got the kill

right, nightmare phase
    this is where the fail really kicks in
    tank and ret pally immediately run into and die in the fire
    im tell them im not rezzing, and to run back
    tank dies in fire again, ret pally hit repeatedly by frost, bodypulls the miniboss and dies
    im getting agitated by this point, but the tank is back fast and we 4man while the ret runs back

then the goblin with spiders
    where the herpderps dont stand in the corner
    and pull all the spiders
    and wipe the grp
    twice
    by which time, im not using calm language, im getting rather wordy and very pissed off
    3rd time mage blows timewarp and zergs the dude down while mirrorimage tanking

NOW we get to the fun part
    the plate tards cant do the lightning frogger
    these gits die at LEAST 3x each on this shit, way up the top
    then go and repair
    then die more
    i cant remem how many times now, but i had given up on them by this point
    they ask us to 3man the boss so they can get past the frogger, or summon them
    i ask them to drop grp so we can get in ppl with brains
    to which i got the generic, IVE BEEN IN HERE THE WHOLE RUN AND IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE TIL WE CLEAR THIS PLACE response
    mage and lock agree with me that they dont deserve VPs if they cant do lightning frogger

to which the dk and pally die some more

now this is the point at which im questioning the logic behind the cap on votekicks
    coz theres 2 spacecadets here that NEED to leave
    and since the mage/lock voted someone out before me,(i hate to think how bad he musta have been to deserve a kick before the other 2 guys, i like to think he ragequit) i can only get rid of one of these clowns, if at all

long story short, the warlock rage quits, since the platederps wont leave
    20mins later the ret tard leaves, after some more failed attempts WITH BUBBLE >_<
    dk tank tries to queue us for a replacement
    mage refuses to pick a role, since he and i want him to leave
    we are just fine to wait it out, united in out hatred of this fool
    40mins later the tank leaves, we get in 3 randoms and lolstomp the rest in like 3mins

TL~DR dk tank and ret pally fail over and over and over at lightning frogger in Heroic Deadmines
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-04-13 at 01:34 PM.

there's some spell called "ritual of summoning" for that...
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I ran a normal LCoTv the other day as a Priest disc healer and it all vent pretty good until we finish Lockmaw and the tank had to go.

We get a new warrior tank and the first thing he asked me was.. "You spec disc? why" - I said "I am because I like to be" and then he just stormed through the mobs grabbing everything he get his hands on and had no sence of checking if I was low on mana so obviously we wiped.

That only made matters worse as he then started complaining, that I should spec holy and that would solve the whole problem instead of him even checking if I had full mana, use CC which was available etc. etc.

I don't mind people asking why I have a certain spec but not telling why I should go in another directuin and just being an ass is annoying. We ended up kicking him as he just kept saying "Spec holy" and charged in and a new wipe. Silly kid.

slightly off-topic but also a 'random' dungeon group
    during TBC I played my frost mage always with pvp spec (the then-common imp cs / we frost spec). In heroic slabs we had an arcane mage from my guild (geared ~T5), her husband (I know, this only gets worse :P), a fdruid (blues, some early raiding epics) and me in the lv70 dungeon set (D3 set or w/e they called it back then, shitty I know but I collected it for the lols). A few pulls in I constantly pull aggro from the tank, though never taking any damage (to be fair, the first few pulls could be soloed by a frost mage) but to the frustration of the tank who apparently didn't have a taunt button (probably pissed as well that his wife was only doing shit damage despite way outgearing the instance)
    Well after about 5 minutes the 'tank' kicked me because I was "pulling aggro" and he used some insult that I don't recall and probably couldn't write here anyways. Afterwards I learned that this druid was infact the husband of this mage ^^ I usually don't care about bad players but when it's within the guild it kinda sucks :/

dunno why I write this, just remembered this nice story

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't think of some of specific terrible experiences I had because I've ran soooo many LFD's and it's just not worth remembering every single bad one.

But singling out some of the things that happened to me:

A hunter attacking last boss of Tol'Vir in normal through phase one doing 0 damage. I told everyone the tactics beforehand and reminded him during the fight when I saw him doing that twice. No change.

Was super tired a few days ago on my mage and joined a random normal (6 min queue vs 30 min) just to do some laid back dps. The 85 DK tank had no enhanced blood fever (the one that reduces physical damage done by the mobs) and never ever used pestilence. Did he at least use frost fever on every mob? Oh dear god no. He had pretty horrid gear too (its a normal I'll give him that), naturally healer was also undergeared. We struggled but I melted faces and we cleared it. Still I can't stop thinking about how every group DK pulled he nearly died instead of playing his class properly and receiving 40% less physical damage.

Again, a normal, just generally people having the worst attitude I have ever seen. One of the reasons I sometimes queue for normals is because players are under geared and really try to do their best and not complain like a bunch of spoiled kids like random HC runs usually are. Well let's just say that all these guys kept badmouthing each other for stupid reasons even though there were no wipes. I died a little inside.

Then there was a tank on normal (I was leveling an alt) who didn't know Ozruk tactics. I mean ok it's not like he can insta wipe on normal but tank had absolutely no idea how to tank any boss period. He never made any attempt to do anything really, and he kept constantly backing up into the large room with unkilled groups until, thank god he actually died right before he could pull one and we moved the boss back and killed him.

I don't mind people being under geared or not knowing tactics. Usually I can compensate the under geared and explain the tactics, and if they listen then that was a good day in my books. Just about all the bad experiences I had was people just not having any game sense period.

"Oh look a boss is casting an interruptable spell, lets see what it does."

"Oh look the ground under me is boiling. I bet it's nothing serious lol."

"Oh look the target temporary reflects the damage I do to it, let's pop my cd's and die."

"Oh look there is a huge chasm of fire on the ground, everyone else ran around it but I'm a tank I'll survive lol."

"Boss throws mines on the ground? Meh if I move from them my dps will drop. Wtf I died? Healer you bad bro."

And my personal favorite:

" ".
    People constantly failing, don't change their approach and say nothing dying again and again.
    Last edited by Linaver; 2011-04-13 at 02:23 PM.

I was tanking Blood Furnace with a paladin healer. After wondering why trash was nearly wiping the group and requiring me to pop cool downs I realized that the healer was going OOM a little too quickly. Come to find out he was in a healing spec but using all dps gear. I asked him to change to healing gear and he said he didn't have any and that he was doing fine.

I told him that he couldn't heal a boss fight, and a DK chimed in and said that he would not help vote to kick him out. Really? What the heck.

Anyways, we finally kicked him at the first boss.

b-b-b-bump!

Tanked norm Stonecore for the first time on my paladin expecting a mess (which was what happened the past 3 dungeons I ran...) and it went pretty well, though at the first boss, the huntard got mad that I needed the plate healing shoulders for offspec, despite the fact that there were no other Paladins there. So he keeps quiet the rest of the run, and when the tanking trinket drops off the last boss, he needs it and wins =/

Don'cha just love LFD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Today on my Prot pally I had to random que 4 times before getting a good group

Que #1 : Heroic grim batol... with a DK DPS who pulled 3k and upon examination was in a 333 caster trinket , and a 333 tank trinket as his trinkets... amongst who knows what other horribly wrong gear so I left

Que #2 : Heroic Stonecore ... with a DK DPS whos weapons were enchanted w/ Crusader & Elemental slayer instead of runes.... and a mage who actually matched socket colors down to a T... with mastery in yellow slots and such etc and a healer who somehow had me die and then claimed he wasn't ready when he had 80% mana when I pulled and I even blew CDs and somehow I end up dead on trash ... wtf? So then I left

Que #3 : Heroic Vortex Pinnacle.... with a dps warrior w/ stuff like a tank ring and misc other bad things on etc. This being the lamest dungeon in all of cata w/ invisible ranged mobs and really annoying bosses and having seen the slightest hint of stupidity on members gear I simply left again

Stonecore & Grim batol are tough shit if your members are stupid , so its always a just leave situation unless all members are competant , vortex pinnacles just annoying , so bad dungeons w/ ridiculous totally wrong spec gear in misc slots people as DPS = fail fail fail and gtfo before wasting time and getting stressed trying to run with idiots

Hours later I qued again and got BRC w/ all competant people who were correctly geared and gemmed and enchanted who did not cause a wipe or do anything notably stupid , that went smooth and I finally got the days friggin Valor points...

Deleted
    My old old wotlk guild had a issue with another guild, it was one of those "we stole this member off them and they stole this member off them"

Well for the past Month id say i had been having a tiff with the other guilds GM and officers.

So i Queue in LFD Queue as tank and get Instant Queue, and look who i Bloody get!
    The god damn GM and his 3mates lol:/

was a very very silent group. First time iv ever had a full relam Party. The only thing we said to each other was "Aggro" and "well if you dont want aggro try not macroing Distract shot into your loltation"