Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Cataclysm Prologue - Gnomeregan and the Echo Isles

3.9? I can't imagine we'll go all the way from 3.3 to 3.9 before Cataclysm. Unless they simply decide to call the last patch 3.9 regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold
    Who exactly is making this lore? Cmon, seriously?! The comeback of the "bosses" are horrible

"The immense loss of life at Gnomeregan weighed heavy on Mekkatorque's shoulders, and in his fury he ordered the death of Thermaplugg. A band of heroes took up the mission and returned with a tale of victory, but after analyzing the claim, Mekkatorque realized that the mechanized overlord defeated in the depths of the city was likely nothing more than a cleverly engineered facsimile of Thermaplugg."

"Vol'jin's Darkspears settled in nearby Sen'jin Village, which they have since used as a staging point to attack Zalazane. Over the years, members of the Horde looking to test their worth have braved the Echo Isles to confront Zalazane, and many of them even returned victorious with his severed head. These victories, however, proved to be nothing more than an illusion created by the twisted witch doctor's dark magic. Days after these trophies were taken to Sen'jin Village, they reverted to their true forms: painted rocks and coconuts adorned with wooden tusks, or even the heads of Zalazane's enslaved trolls."

Seriously?! I know Wotlk has dumbed down several aspects of the game...but this is smth written for kids to believe...

Yes, it is pretty stupid. I think Blizzard is realizing now that they ruined the gnome and troll stories early in the game by allowing low-level players to kill Zalazane/Thermaplugg. This is a quick-fix, hasty solution that is pretty incomprehensible and extremely convoluted, but meh, it works. We should just focus on how awesome it will be for Gnome/Trolls to finally get a capital city of their own.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Undercity Champion says: "I punched a penguin on my way in here."
    Argent Confessor Paletress says: "Oh, my. Do you feel remorseful, at least?"
    Undercity Champion says: "Nah, not really. I just wanted to see the look on your face."

Quote Originally Posted by carlos5577
    nice. i hope cata comes in the summer, but most likely be in the fall
    Cata has a release date of November 1 2010, SC2 is June 1 2010 and D3 is Dec 1 2010... You can reserve any and all of them at Gamestop. And on top of that, Blizz releases expansions to WoW around the same period it was originally released, so i dont know why ANYONE thought it would be released in the Summer...

Quote Originally Posted by dkakito
    Cata has a release date of November 1 2010, SC2 is June 1 2010 and D3 is Dec 1 2010... You can reserve any and all of them at Gamestop. And on top of that, Blizz releases expansions to WoW around the same period it was originally released, so i dont know why ANYONE thought it would be released in the Summer...
    Blizzard has said they do not have a release date for Cataclysm. They also said, mentioning Gamestop by name, that any store offering pre-orders for Cataclysm with a date attached is just a date that the store is giving as an estimate, not in any way backed up by Blizzard.
    Loremaster Papelbon - Level 80 Gnome Warlock - US Elune

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.

Amazon used to have an earlier prediction than most, but now it just says release date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace
    Unless they simply decide to call the last patch 3.9 regardless.
    Most logical answer indeed. They didn't plan it as 3.4 in case they had to do an actual 3.4 to cover some additional time until the release of Cata, so they just gave this upcoming patch the highest numberin this product cycle.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

My god... where have I been? Nobody mentioned anything about this since!

Screw the dumb overcloaks, and gnomes...
    Gimmeh meh troll city 'mon!

Quote Originally Posted by roija
    Screw the dumb overcloaks, and gnomes...
    Gimmeh meh troll city 'mon!
    Gnomes are the TRUE rulers of Azeroth...Horde and Alliance both are ran by gnomes, everyone just underestimates them and fails to realize it!!

Looks interesting,aspecialy the cloak thing.

Hope that Echo Isles get a flight point and a portal in Dalaran at the very least... it would suck as a capital city otherwise.

any word which patch this will be fully active
    ?

for people saying "how the hell did he survive".
    My question is rather, how the HELL is General Drakkisath still alive, or Rend, or Nefarian?

Its kind of hard to make a video game if you have to kill every mob, permenantly. Just think about all quest mobs, you dont go around saying "Heeeeey... I killed this guy before.. This is wrong!"
    Kom alltid ihåg att du är helt unik. Precis som alla andra.

Wanna race change to Troll NOAW!!! >

Those weapons look pretty sweet, does anyone know if they'll be lootable?

Quote Originally Posted by yendor
    Hope that Echo Isles get a flight point and a portal in Dalaran at the very least... it would suck as a capital city otherwise.
    It's not becoming a capital city, but a level 1-5 starting area for Trolls. Same with Gnomeregan surface for Gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidPheonix
    any word which patch this will be fully active?
    No. If there was anything official or even comprehensibly hinting at a date, it'd be on this article.
    Since they already numbered this patch 3.9, this could mean it will be the last patch of WotLK no matter what, and e.g. will be released 4-6 weeks before 4.0, whenever that comes.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Prophecies of Doom quest has only Horde version now?

Many tooltips in Twilight's Cult questline are broken.

Yours Capt. Obvious.

when does all these Qs starts? and how to start them?
    - fifth member of Ghostbusters

I think this looks awesome so happy about it