Just thinking about old school STV brings tears to my eyes

What a wonderful world wow was back in the golden days if you played on a PVP sever. STV was maybe one of the greatest pvp gank zones in all of azeroth.

If bliz can recapture that level of world strife between factions (have people forgetten these are warring factions???) it would restore my faith in the game tremendously.

yea south shore is gone too..
    MY youtube channel Youtube.com/FrostynugsPVP

Deleted
    Oh yeah, I forgot they revamped STV. I'll have to level an alt through there.

I'm leveling a Troll druid on a PvP server and I didn't see any alliance until I hit EPL. Suddenly they are everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttercyl View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot they revamped STV. I'll have to level an alt through there.

I'm leveling a Troll druid on a PvP server and I didn't see any alliance until I hit EPL. Suddenly they are everywhere.
    They don't even have to bring back the "world strife" aspect to STV or any old zone. Maybe firelands can have some kind of aura or debuff that disables flying mounts. And make a long attunement that requires you do be in that zone along with daily rep quest or something.

Just make a reason to put both factions in the same zone and let nature take its course.

or just form a group and invade a city if you want to have world pvp?
    you can't force ppl have pvp if they don't want to have pvp end of story.
    playing on a pvp server doesn't mean you want to kill everything red it means you are in danger to be attacked anytime and you can attack anyone in most places.

if you want to have some world pvp try organize it with the oposite faction on the forums for example at this day and hour we will invade if or sw or anything come and defend it or at this day and time we will gather on southshore or tarrent mill if you want pvp action come and join us.

world pvp has gone not because of blizzard but because of the players.
    simple if someone plays wow for some years it is more than possible that he just want his daily stuff and if he wants pvp then join a bg or an arena.

if someone doesn't want to take part on world pvp he will simple go to another are etc etc.

Hillsbrad was the best, almost like a Battleground in its own.

Horde and Alliance would run to the caves to que AV then run back to fight each other in Tarren Mill vs Southshore battle.

Its weird, back then you had to fly all the way to Hillsbrad, then wait upwards of 2 hours for a BG, so people made their own fun, nowadays if anyone had to fly 15 minutes to que 1-2 hours for a BG they would cry and quit, and that's why this game has lost a lot of the charm it used to have where people spent their downtime making their own fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsky View Post
    Hillsbrad was the best, almost like a Battleground in its own.

Horde and Alliance would run to the caves to que AV then run back to fight each other in Tarren Mill vs Southshore battle.

Its weird, back then you had to fly all the way to Hillsbrad, wait upwards of an hour for a BG so people made their own fun, nowadays if anyone had to fly 15 minutes to que 1-2 hours for a BG they would cry and quit, and that's why this game has lost a lot of the charm it used to have where people spent their downtime making their own fun.
    Seriously, wow has become a welfare community.

Welfare queue times
    Welfare portals
    Welfare epics

etc.

I wish wow would revert back to classic and just let the welfare scrubs qq and quit. I much rather play with a million people who actually enjoy a worldy mmo than 12 million who want to play wow like a call of duty lobby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two words.

Shut.

Up.

Explanation: Times change. You say "Waiting two hours for one queue" Is awesome? Seriously? I'd rather ~Not~ go back to that. Especially for AV. As fun as it is, it's a long BG in it's own rights if you play it right.

How does that sound like fun? Sure the prospect of sudden and random World pvp is good for the thought. But so does hitting on Angeline Jolie. But seriously. How is anything else that came with that package any good? I'd much rather have a dead world pvp and fast queues compared to 2 hour queues and getting camped by 6 opposing faction members. As Lockos says, if you ~Really~ want it back, organize it, take action. It won't come back if you just sit on your ass and QQ. You never know if you don't try. Worst comes to worse, you get lol'd at for going on the forums, so you take revenge by taking over stormwind with other hordies, or Orgrimmar with other Allies, depending on which side of the coin you play

No Tl;DR for you. Because in your logic, these didn't exist in your precious Vanilla

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolWow916 View Post
    Seriously, wow has become a welfare community.

Welfare queue times
    Welfare portals
    Welfare epics

etc.

I wish wow would revert back to classic and just let the welfare scrubs qq and quit. I much rather play with a million people who actually enjoy a worldy mmo than 12 million who want to play wow like a call of duty lobby.

Pic related. I'm not sure what you think portals, epics, and queues being added into a game has anything to do with STV pvp. People stopped pvping in STV when it stopped being a relevant zone (for the most part).
    OT: Ah, STV ganking. Even in wrath I never went near you unless it was by gyphon. I remember on my first toon I tried going to BB to get to Ratchet by taking the boat and ended up being camped by like 5 different guys who were shown as level skull.
    Good times lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    Two words.

Shut.

Up.

Explanation: Times change. You say "Waiting two hours for one queue" Is awesome? Seriously? I'd rather ~Not~ go back to that. Especially for AV. As fun as it is, it's a long BG in it's own rights if you play it right.

How does that sound like fun? Sure the prospect of sudden and random World pvp is good for the thought. But so does hitting on Angeline Jolie. But seriously. How is anything else that came with that package any good? I'd much rather have a dead world pvp and fast queues compared to 2 hour queues and getting camped by 6 opposing faction members. As Lockos says, if you ~Really~ want it back, organize it, take action. It won't come back if you just sit on your ass and QQ. You never know if you don't try. Worst comes to worse, you get lol'd at for going on the forums, so you take revenge by taking over stormwind with other hordies, or Orgrimmar with other Allies, depending on which side of the coin you play

No Tl;DR for you. Because in your logic, these didn't exist in your precious Vanilla
    Can't bring it back....flying mounts in the old world now. Even skirmishes in TB turn into "hide behind the absurdly powerful elite guards and bait <insert opposing faction here>." That brings up another point of trying to return Quel'Danas to the game via Tol'Barad. Its a terrible idea...you start a battle, and half of your faction avoids it because they have to get dailies done. STV and Hillsbrad...60's and 70's didn't quest there, they were there for one reason...

OldSchoolWow916 you've spamming us with this "welfare" garbage for a week now

shut the fuck up already..

fuckin' whiners...