Deleted

Rawr and shadowpriests

Hey there

I've just recently started PvE'ing my spriest, he's been my pvp funtoon since early season2.

Anyways, since my main is a retpaladin I was wondering how current Rawr module goes with shadowpriest gearing. For rets it's a very accurate tool, and is awesome in determining upgrades and polishing gearsets, and wondering if it was garbarge for shadowpriests or if it's a good tool to use.

Also any tips regarding gear is appreciated:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hisper&cn=Hexn

I do know some choices may seem odd for a pve facemelter (resilience and spell penetration shiz on chest and cloak zomg!), but it's because I use 4x Relentless + Meteor in my PvP set and I simply haven't got a better cloak for pve yet.

I assume I should work towards getting 4piece next for frost emblems, with chest and hands right? It just bugs me that I already got very decent 264 pieces in those slots, to go and downgrade them for the tier 251 tier items, but I guess the 4P is so good as to make up for it ye?

Any input appreciated.

PS: Getting arena 277 Mainhand on Wednesday so that should be a nice 215'ish boost to spellpower.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Rawr and shadowpriests

Quote Originally Posted by Mew
    Anyways, since my main is a retpaladin I was wondering how current Rawr module goes with shadowpriest gearing. For rets it's a very accurate tool, and is awesome in determining upgrades and polishing gearsets, and wondering if it was garbarge for shadowpriests or if it's a good tool to use.
    No. Don't know how long ago it was since I last used Rawr but it gave me such weird numbers I stopped using it. I now use Shadowpriest.com to find upgrades and make equipment sets together with Simcraft.

Now the 4 piece bonus. You can keep the gloves you currently have and first get the 4pc with the 4 other pieces just like I have. Got the 264 setgloves waiting for me as soon as the other pieces I need drop.

PS: WHY DOES BLIZZARD HATE ME?!? still no muradin's spyglass for me, everyone else has it...

Quote Originally Posted by lionel88
    No. Don't know how long ago it was since I last used Rawr but it gave me such weird numbers I stopped using it. I now use Shadowpriest.com to find upgrades and make equipment sets together with Simcraft.

Now the 4 piece bonus. You can keep the gloves you currently have and first get the 4pc with the 4 other pieces just like I have. Got the 264 setgloves waiting for me as soon as the other pieces I need drop.

PS: WHY DOES BLIZZARD HATE ME?!? still no muradin's spyglass for me, everyone else has it...
    Rawr was originally designed for Bears, but has evolved to incorporate other specs and classes, which means its most accurate one would be Bear. Thus having "weird results" using Rawr for spriest is some what of a expected outcome. It is still good, but not the most accurate out there. Rawr is also the easier one of the two to use.

With having said that, lionel88 does have some pretty good advice.

Rawr is bad, don't use it. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Rawr is bad, don't use it. Simple.
    Thats a pretty ignorant response, sorry for saying so Nez...

Firstly, unless you have intimate knowledge on how rawr works, anything you say about rawr is a subjective opinion... I doubt any of us are qualified to make an objective opinion about the flaws of rawr... which is fine but we should admit that from the get go.

My subjective opinion is that when I input self buffs, stick to a specific fight duration, and dps a target dummy the rawr result is very close to my phsyical results. When I input raid buffs I get regularly and enter details for a single target encounter like festergut as well as input travel time info, the figure it spits out is pretty close to what I can achieve as well.

Now thats a subjective analysis and doesn't mean rawr is accurate, however I think it shows that rawr can have some benefit in playing a part of your decision making process. Is it the only thing you should use, should you believe it to be gospel? no... however to say its bad and never use it is a very short sighted opinion.

rawr is good for mages, rogues, rets, and druids. for everything else it's mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew
    Also any tips regarding gear
    The Shadowpriest.com BRGA list is very good, though if you feel like using a specific tool try out Simcraft. The interface is very easy to use, and you can import your toon (including current gear and spec) directly from the armory.

Set up a run to generate personalized scaling factors, take them to wowhead (there's actually a link at the bottom of the simcraft output log) and voila - a customized list with gear rankings suitable for your toon.