Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Mihir's "Fix my Feral DPS Gear" thread

Hey again. Was here quite long time ago

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ion&cn=Filiria

Guy claiming he's good at Ferals told me to get rid off my trinkets and replace them with Banner of Victory (ToC5) and Darkmoon Card: Greatness which seems odd to me tbh.
    I've just started raiding ICC 10 and ICC 25, so it's going to take some time to collect all necessary stuff, but could You have a look at my gear and sell me some tips or anything to change? Also - I'm using Rawr for stat balance, but I'm not blindly following it.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kooboo
    Hey again. Was here quite long time ago

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ion&cn=Filiria

Guy claiming he's good at Ferals told me to get rid off my trinkets and replace them with Banner of Victory (ToC5) and Darkmoon Card: Greatness which seems odd to me tbh.
    I've just started raiding ICC 10 and ICC 25, so it's going to take some time to collect all necessary stuff, but could You have a look at my gear and sell me some tips or anything to change? Also - I'm using Rawr for stat balance, but I'm not blindly following it.
    Keep your trinkets. The "good feral" must have had Special Flakes(tm) for breakfast that day. Your ArmPen is no where near the level where it's feasible to drop NES in favour of something else. Other than getting 4pt10 ASAP, there's not much to be said gear wise. You've got a few Agi+haste gems that should be agi+crit since you're not crit capped yet, but but that's nothing major (cba to do the math of crit vs haste at your gear level). Aim for Hersir's Greatspear and a DBW + HWT trinket combo, and go for hardcap once you get about 900 arpen from gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Derfirev
    I dont know how to link other websites.....but check Elitist Jerks Forums on feral DPS.....
    Armpen becomes our greatest stat once you get ICC gear.....
    It's better than hit or expertise...and way better than gemming agi.....
    If u are near the soft cap with NES while gemming agi,
    U should drop NES for the Banner of victory from normal TOC 5man and gem armpen(new armpen trinket from RS is obviously way better)
    Cryptmaker is actually a really good weapon to have until u can killl LK....either in 10 or 25....
    Enchant gloves and feet for hit.....gem for expertise if ur at roughly 1250 armpen.....
    unless ur having issues with the feral rotation(combo point generation)...
    but with 60-70% crit.......hit becomes a non issue.....when ur talented with primal precision missing a finisher isn't that big of a deal.
    Just follow the priority rotation.....if u can keep up Rip, SR, Rake, (mangle....not that big of deal with the 60 second fix)....ur dps should be kick ass.....just dont stand in fire or act like a dipshit.
    Speaking of having Special Flakes for breakfast...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...us&cn=Drainbow

Overall i'm satisfied with my gear, even tho i never EVER win the rolls for icc lootz. Stats wise, in cat form, only buffed with Mark, i'm at approx. 61% crit & 7900 AP, & ArP soft-capped. I'm ok with my hit rating & I'm currently gathering the mats for the ICC crafted boots, which should get me back up close to my expertise cap. I'm debating buying the dps belt w/ frost emblems, tho tbqh i think i'd rather spend those emblems on the resto non-tier set chest. But i'm at ArP Soft Cap atm & already have 4pc t10 so the t10 feral legs are a rather low priority (low enough that i'll wait for a vault drop). If I *ever* get a weapon upgrade, this could all change tho. (hell if i ever won a SINGLE icc drop this could all change....idc if it's feral or resto gear, i just want ONE piece of ICC loot...i guess this might be karma biting me in the ass for winning ALL the rolls on my mage from Naxx to ICC...lol). I guess i just am looking for validation of my current feral dps plan.

btw the pieces with agi gems? i've had those since well before i hit 400 ArP from gear....waaay too long...

Armory link : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lidan&cn=Rakug

I've read up quite a bit on kitties and tried out several different addons in order to experience and actually LEARN the kitty "rotation". I think I've done well, since originally I was a bear and then went Tree MS (as in, this gear is simply a result of what pieces I've obtained for my offspec - the T10 I regemmed/chanted from bear).

My other trinket is Vengeance of the Forsaken, and as I have 35 expertise, I figured the haste provided by Meteorite Whetstone outweighs the ~1.1k AP every 2 minutes that I get VotF. I currently have 74 Frost badges, and I am debating buying either
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50982/cat-burglars-grips
    or
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50995/vengeful-noose
    , OR just saving up for 4p T10. I'm not sure at the moment what best outfits my character, and would appreciate some feedback. Thanks!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Bavarcarus

looks like I logged in my secondary kittie spec and gear, am I doin it right?
    I got a vengeful noose to replace that belt for some more ArP, and I'm clinging to that ArP trinket to stay closer to cap. Best I've done was 10.5k dps on toravon (I don't get to be kittie in guild ICC runs that much...or at all really).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer
    Speaking of having Special Flakes for breakfast...
    Where can I buy Special Flakes? Sounds like nomnomnom.

Would love Mihir's input since this other guy can only answer some...

Deleted

I will try to catch up on some posts, was a bit busy with LK25H and some company training the last week :P

(btw changed my own gear a bit, tell me if you see anything wrong with it!)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir
    (btw changed my own gear a bit, tell me if you see anything wrong with it!)
    I do actually. It's not mine

Actually, don't you have any Draenei to swap around? You're 1% over cap with a Draenei and gemming for hit (even used a Dragon's Eye on it). And why miss out on a nifty +8 agi bonus from that fancy Oathbinder? You're using the Nightmare Tear to pick up +6 instead. I take it you're using food to get to ArmPen cap, but by swapping two gems you can get to it without using food and get 7% hitcap as well.

Deleted

Was not aware we could have draenei in the raid on horde side xD I'm using arpen food since it's easier to farm than hit/agi/haste food.

Moving nightmare tear to my weapon is debatable indeed. Generally i dont like dragon's eyes/nightmare tears in my weapons cause it makes it a pain to swap them around in combat without getting gemming errors (4x dragon's eye, 2x nightmare tear, etc). Tho since i'm not using a nightmare tear in my tankgear atm it should be possible.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by bavarcarus
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Bavarcarus

looks like I logged in my secondary kittie spec and gear, am I doin it right?
    I got a vengeful noose to replace that belt for some more ArP, and I'm clinging to that ArP trinket to stay closer to cap. Best I've done was 10.5k dps on toravon (I don't get to be kittie in guild ICC runs that much...or at all really).
    Definitely switch to the badge belt, it's on par with the heroic putricide belt since it's a lot better itemized (more arpen, and haste instead of crit).

It would be an upgrade if you can get your paws on a FoS trinket, or even a DMC:G. But since it's your offspec you might not be motivated to farm/spend too much gold for those (and regem to the softcap if you go for the FoS trinket) The other option is to wait for a WFS to drop.

Since you can't get to the hardcap yet, try to still go for the yellow sockets with +6 agi bonuses (gloves/badge belt/legs/chest) with a 10agi+10crit or 10agi+10hit gem. You could also buy the triumph ring to replace the planestalker one, it's really well itemized.

10+ Year Old Account

Was not aware we could have draenei in the raid on horde side xD I'm using arpen food since it's easier to farm than hit/agi/haste food.

Moving nightmare tear to my weapon is debatable indeed. Generally i dont like dragon's eyes/nightmare tears in my weapons cause it makes it a pain to swap them around in combat without getting gemming errors (4x dragon's eye, 2x nightmare tear, etc). Tho since i'm not using a nightmare tear in my tankgear atm it should be possible.
    I tend to pop the tear in my weapon always due to big socket bonus and the fact that it makes it easier with gear swapping.

Stupid thing is I was actually thinking "hm, was Mihir elf or tauren... think it was elf" and then actually *looking* at your armoury page and still not having that li'l lightbulb moment. ._.
    That, and it just feels wrong to have such an awesome weapon filled with +hit

Deleted

I used to be a nelf druid back in the start of wow, but sometime after aq40 I rerolled to horde

Quote Originally Posted by mordred69
    Hey mihir curious if you can check my armory and let me know my best options to shoot for and gemming...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=T%C3%A8rion

I also have distant land, bloodfall, Cryptmaker etc from 25, so i can switch to any of them if need be to get hit more arp etc...

Also what is the crit cap? just curious about alot of things etc, i will also have my 4th piece of T10 next week, this is a alt...

Thanks in advance brotha
    Don't know what your 4th weapon is, as you have DL equipped atm. But if it's lower ilvl than 264, it's not worth it regardless of stats.

I'd switch most yellow sockets to 10agi+10hit gems, as you seem to be crit capped atm. Also get rid of the dreadstone in your weapon.. the only blue gem you should ever use (until they introduce +10 socket bonuses) is a single nightmare tear.

I made a post about the crit cap in the cat thread a week ago:

The main cause of a lower crit cap on white attacks, is glancing blows. Against a lvl83 or boss level mob, 24% of your white attacks will be glancing blows, which means they can't crit. On top of that, you have a 8% chance to miss and a 6.5% chance to get dodged, so that means you got 100 - 24 - 8 - 6.5 = 61.5% chance remaining for your white attacks to crit if you don't have any gear/talents that increase hit/expertise. By increasing your hit and expertise to their respective caps, you can get all the way up to 76% crit on white attacks (the hit/exp caps are 263 hit for horde, 230 hit for alliance, and 132 expertise rating assuming you took the 10 expertise talent).

Note: this is 76% vs lvl83/boss level mobs. The % shown on your char sheet is vs lvl80 mobs. So to get to 76% vs lvl 83/boss mobs, you'll need 80.8% crit vs lvl80 mobs. 3% of this should be taken care off by the ret pala/elem shaman debuff, so to reach the crit cap it should show 77.8% on your char sheet.

I've actually got all sorts of random gear, I have a greatness card for tanking options and I'm pretty sure I have that triumph ring. I forgot I got that neck with hit, I was using the ring for a little bit extra hit. With food I'm only 125 off the cap, I'm clinging to that trinket because I don't wanna go backwards with the gemming after I committed to it lol. I used that FoS trinket for a while when I got it and was kinda disappointed.

They really shoud have made DBW drop off more than one boss, I think there's 10 more dps that need to get it before I'd have a shot as a tank and it's dropped 9 times for us.

Definitely switch to the badge belt, it's on par with the heroic putricide belt since it's a lot better itemized (more arpen, and haste instead of crit).

It would be an upgrade if you can get your paws on a FoS trinket, or even a DMC:G. But since it's your offspec you might not be motivated to farm/spend too much gold for those (and regem to the softcap if you go for the FoS trinket) The other option is to wait for a WFS to drop.

Since you can't get to the hardcap yet, try to still go for the yellow sockets with +6 agi bonuses (gloves/badge belt/legs/chest) with a 10agi+10crit or 10agi+10hit gem. You could also buy the triumph ring to replace the planestalker one, it's really well itemized.

Bump for Mihir, since my original seems to have been swallowed by pagecount.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...raenor&n=Bujin

Im currently primary tank spec for the pug raid I do, but depending on the fight, when only 2 tanks are required I go dps so I would like to improve it. Currently, since I mostly tank, my kitty gear tends to be tanking stuff that I replaced, and thus re-purposed (gemmed / enchanted) for kitty.

In kitty, purely self-buffed my stats are as follows
    AP: 7953
    ArP: 404 (28.87%)
    Hit: 420 (12.81%)
    Crit: 54.46%
    Haste: 428 (16.97%)
    Expertise: 20

What I have to work with that is not shown
    Mirror of Truth
    Twin's Pact if I can get Distant Land to drop from Festergut for Tanking.
    Frostbitten Fur Boots which I could use if I make Footpads of Impending Death for tanking
    Ability to make Bladeborn Leggings
    I need to buy the badge cloak for tanking (still using one from Naxx) then anything Frost Badge based.
    We usually clear the first wing of ICC + Rotface/Festergut on 25 man. (yeah yeah I know, its a pug dammit)

Any help would be appreciated. One of the things I'm not sure of is at which point should I switch from gemming Agi to ArP. Thanks

bump aswell :<
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...han&cn=Pingvis
    Was abit lucky so had some changes in gear.

Now have some questions:
    1.When should i replace NES?Because when it procs i mostly loose about 200arp into nothing.
    2.I don't really know where to put orange and blue gems , so mostly doing it anywhere >.<

Stats with Motw:
    arp:875(62.52%)
    crit:65.66%
    hit:214(6.53%)
    haste:248
    Expertice:10
    Ap:8826

Any othere change you can see would be helpful
    Thanks.

Just want to see if there is anything you guys think i should fix.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...crank&cn=Haden

If im in my PvP gear check again later please.

EDIT: Just changed my gear back to feral.

Hey there, this is my newest 80, and im just looking for some pointers on what to buy next, if there is anything wrong (except the gems) and what to aim for?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Panzerkitty

Thanks heaps ^_^

I need help on my druid, With the new addition of a couple items i'm abit confused on my gear / gem choices so I decided to receive an experts help.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...t&cn=terentius is my druid right there.

I do have chest from gunship, 251 hersir's greatspear and I am able to obtain any item from 11/12 10+25m icc.

Thanks, I appreciate the help

Quote Originally Posted by Treeko11
    Hey there, this is my newest 80, and im just looking for some pointers on what to buy next, if there is anything wrong (except the gems) and what to aim for?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Panzerkitty

Thanks heaps ^_^
    Nightmare Tear should not be used in other sockets than blue, in which piece the socket bonus should be 4 Agi or higher. ArP should not be gemmed for until you have 300-400 passive ArP, at which point ArP becomes the best stat. Until then you should gem for pure Agility in red sockets. In yellow sockets you should put orange gems.

You are also missing quite a few enchants (which you are probably aware of): head, shoulders, back, chest and feet (get the +16 Agi enchant here).

When you gem and enchant - this is especially important at higher gear level items, like your chest, feet, legs and hands - you should try to get the best available (+20 Agi > +16 Agi).

4 points in Furor is wasted. Three would be optimal.

As for gear, there are a few upgrades you could make where raiding is not involved. For the neck you could get [Barbed Ymirheim Choker] from Forgemaster Garfrost in the heroic version of PoS, the belt could be upgraded to [Belt of the Twilight Assassin] for 28 conquest emblems, [Banner of Vitory] is a very good trinket acquired through the normal version of ToC5 that can be used all the way up and into ICC, and if you have the money [Darkmoon Card: Greatness] is another great trinket. [color=purple][Orca Hunter's Harpoon] is a nice upgrade for your weapon, which is acquired from Marwyn in the heroic version of HoR. Lastly, PvP pieces are not really good for PvE; I would suggest to get [Blighted Leather Footpads] from The Captain's Chest (the chest aboard the zeppelin) from the escape from the Lich King in the heroic version of HoR.

Edit: By the way, the 4pcT9 bonus is mediocre, so I'd rather get [Duskstalker Pauldrons] and [Mask of Lethal Intent] for some triumph emblems. Save your current ones, though, as you might get use for any of them later.