Page 58 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kats View Post
    Mihir - if you don't mind take a look at this profile. This is either what I currently have and/or have access to (would need to buy legs). Obviously there are some pieces I could pick up from some dungeons and I still have some time left in ICC25 to grab some offset stuff and possibly get enough badges for another T10 or offset piece. I have only been working on this for a week or so, and most of it is still un-gemed/chanted.

Would you suggest taking this gem route going into Cata or just go with the ArPen gems over Agi and deal with the changes when they come? Feral is not my primary spec right now, I currently play Boomkin: www . wowarmory . com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sargeras&cn=Katsuro

www . wowhead . com/profile=21683913#inventory

==

funky urls to get around not having enough posts for links.
    That looks like a good way to gem yeah, tho I'd go with a 20agi gem instead of the 10agi+15stam one. For 4.0 you could also put a 10agi+10hit there, since those will be purple then (since hit is changing to blue).

---------- Post added 2010-09-30 at 09:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shadowrune View Post
    hey jsut got distant land today finaly and was wondering if its really worth swapping to it at my current gear...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...scalp&cn=Druci
    Yep it is. You can also gain some dps by going with executioner on weapon (with arpen food you'll be at 1265 arpen, which is very close to the executioner softcap), and putting 20hit/10hit+10exp gems in the yellow sockets in your gloves/belt/legs.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-09-30 at 07:05 AM.

how exactly does executener work and how good a uptime it got? might regem a bit for hit and stuff then

btw is it in 4.0 thay remove arp or is first cata launch? if 4.0 whats best to gem for then

Deleted
    Hello dear Mihir!

it would be really great if you could have a look at my terrible gear : eu . wowarmory . com /character-sheet. xml?r=Al'Akir&cn=Leeik

I quit wow in 3.2 and I just came back around 2 weeks ago. you could just point me in good direction of what should I be using / getting first from emblems of frost because I was doing pretty fine in 3.2

Thanks in advance

Thanks Mihir, that 10/15 must of been something I forgot when building the profile. Think I am currently logged in my set and was messing around a little before I came into the office today and was getting around 4-5k dps on the boss dummy. Still haven't replaced all the gems from when I was using these pieces for an Anzu solo bear set.

So I am definitely interested to see what those numbers will be once I get all the gems replaced and pick up that extra hit rating.

Katsuro / Sargeras / US

Hi again

This is my curent gear :http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lonsus&n=Damea
    I just got the protectors mark to upgrade one of my armor set pieces.I was thinking about the legs,that way i would get closer to the expertis cap.With that i would also get a bit more armor pen which means that with the food i would be a bit over it,what should i do, change the gems a bit or food?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrune View Post
    how exactly does executener work and how good a uptime it got? might regem a bit for hit and stuff then

btw is it in 4.0 thay remove arp or is first cata launch? if 4.0 whats best to gem for then
    It's 120 arpen proc, and same uptime as berserking.

Word is that for raid dps in 4.0 you'll want to gem agi till the softcap, then as much mastery as you can get, then haste to 30-40%, then crit rating.

---------- Post added 2010-10-01 at 12:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Leeik View Post
    Hello dear Mihir!

it would be really great if you could have a look at my terrible gear : eu . wowarmory . com /character-sheet. xml?r=Al'Akir&cn=Leeik

I quit wow in 3.2 and I just came back around 2 weeks ago. you could just point me in good direction of what should I be using / getting first from emblems of frost because I was doing pretty fine in 3.2

Thanks in advance
    T10 Get 4T10 asap, it's awesome.

HELP! I need help im trying to improve but seem stuck. ATM dps is 2-3k and it should be higher. I would be thankful for any advise. Sorry couldnt post link.

Kayiandor
    Wyrmrest Accord

Deleted
    You're missing shredding attacks and 2 points in king of the jungle in your talent spec. You can easily drop 1 point in furor, and all points in infected wounds to get those.

Your trinkets are abysmal (worth about 120 dps each), try to get rid of them asap.. NES from FoS hc (320 dps), BoV from ToC5 normal (250 dps), DMC:G-agi (290 dps), or even the blue meteorite whetstone from UP hc (190 dps), or incisor fragment from DTK hc (170 dps) are way better. Brewfest/heroism emblems trinket (200 dps) would also be decent while you work towards one of the others I mentioned.

Try to get the T9 helm and gloves asap.

Your gems are all over the place. The only gems you should be using are 10agi+10crit for yellow sockets, 1 nightmare tear for your best blue socket (the one in your legs), and 20agi in everything else.

Gloves should have 20agi enchant, boots 16agi, chest 10stats, weapon berserking, and since you dropped LW you need 50ap enchant on bracers.

Try to upgrade your weapon to the HoR hc polearm asap.

Hey Mihir.

I just got my LK pole arm and it's going to make me have to do a lot of re-gemming. I wanted a second opinion. Right now I am at the hit/exptise cap just shy of the crit cap, and now 104 over the arp cap. So I have to lose 104 arp. My plan was to just dump the arp gems I have and replace them with agi. The other thought I had was to mess with my Dragons Eye's and try and prop my haste up some more, but I wasn't able to come up with a good mix with out messing things up. Any thoughts?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Tinderhoof

Deleted
    Soz for my lack of replies in this thread, but there's not much point doing analysis' like these with 4.0/cata coming so soon, and blizz still not having fixed cat dps for those. :P Once blizz gets around to fixing cat numbers and some good tools being updated for cata, ill get more active again

lil bit of help here, pls

can't post links yet, name of char (convertibull) of gorefiend

thanks in advance for your advice
    wheres my help, i'm still hanging on here
    Last edited by converts; 2010-10-12 at 08:07 PM.

Deleted
    Hello and greetings cat of all cats. I know you are good but let's see how good you are actually :>
    Here is a link of my kitten : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...finabel/simple

The gear isn't ideal because I haven't started raiding yet and I am in a social guild that is planning to do raids in the near future ( 2-3 times per week, nothing serious ). What can I do to improve my dps ? Help me o wise one :>

The most problems I have with reforging is Hit and Mastery :

I keep my hit at 8 % because I feel my dps dropping whenever I go down from that 8% ( dispite you told that it is not important to have 8% hit ) I am in a dilema now, to improve my dps, should I drop Hit I reforged, into something else like Mastery / Haste ?

Thanks and have a nice day

Deleted
    First of all, if an item has no mastery on it, you should be reforging one of the other stats to mastery, period. There's no way around it. Mastery is our best secondary stat by far. What stat you reforge into mastery is less important; if you feel you can't do good dps without hitcap, then reforge haste to mastery instead. However, it's probably better if you just get rid of hit/exp and get used to playing with misses/dodges. It will be a bit harder at first, but once you get used to it I can guarantee your dps will go up compared to what it is right now.

Edit: Some additions:

- you can safely put a 40agi gem in your shoulders, it's not worth losing 20 agi only to gain 20 mastery and 20 haste.
    - never reforge away from mastery! (boots)
    - your gloves would probably be better off with a strength enchant
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-02-18 at 12:26 PM.

Deleted
    Hey hey mihir! read your guides over and over again and many thanks for the help that its provided.

Currently two raiding kittys in our guild, however, keep getting either on par or below the others dps, is it worth risking loosing more hit and gaining more agil on current stats? Gearwise the other kitty is just under my Ilevel, but has had a lot more practice...and tbh more skill than me. Abusing poweraura addon for bleed timers now though, so uptime percentages have shot up from 60% to 80% upwards.... Worth getting the gloves for 2set bonus in tier?

cant actually post any links...as its a new account ..so its Snab, on defias brotherhood EU servers, guild of The Secret Society.

helpzors and thanks man

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    First of all, if an item has no mastery on it, you should be reforging one of the other stats to mastery, period. There's no way around it. Mastery is our best secondary stat by far. What stat you reforge into mastery is less important; if you feel you can't do good dps without hitcap, then reforge haste to mastery instead. However, it's probably better if you just get rid of hit/exp and get used to playing with misses/dodges. It will be a bit harder at first, but once you get used to it I can guarantee your dps will go up compared to what it is right now.

Edit: Some additions:

- you can safely put a 40agi gem in your shoulders, it's not worth losing 20 agi only to gain 20 mastery and 20 haste.
    - never reforge away from mastery! (boots)
    - your gloves would probably be better off with a strength enchant
    Dear Mihir, I've done the things you advised me and this was my reaction : O.o ...
    I couldn't believe that I am capable of doing 15-16k single target dps.
    Thank you so much, you truely are the king of all cats, /salute

Deleted

Question

Hi Mihir,

Since Cataclysm I have reforge/gem/enchant my gear according the the thread "The Cat Guide - Cataclysm Edition" in this forum but with the newest patch my DPS from shread/fury swipes/melee was increased and now I am confused if I need to go more near the hit/expertise cap or not.

You can see my armory from eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-steppes/wirysnout/advanced

And I have in my inventory:
    hands - Double Attack Handguards
    feet - Treads of Fleeting Joy
    rings - Skullcracker Ring and Signet of the Elder Council
    trinket - Tia's Grace

Can you please advise me if I am using the correct gear/enchant/gem ?

Hi there Mihir,

I have two questions.

1. With my current gear and ilvl is it time for me to pick haste over crit?
    2. Is the 4P t11 worth it? I can't seem to justify to get rid of my hands and either my chest or head.

Wowarmory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...isismoo/simple

Thanks!

PS. Any other tips that you have will be awesome too

1. Haste and crit are probably about equal with your gear level. When in doubt, always download Mew and look up stat weightings yourself.
    2. It's roughly a 400 DPS gain, so yes. BiS offpiece for 359 is Tsanga's Helm. BiS offpiece for 372 is Sark of the Unwatched.

---------- Post added 2011-02-22 at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Hi Mihir,

Since Cataclysm I have reforge/gem/enchant my gear according the the thread "The Cat Guide - Cataclysm Edition" in this forum but with the newest patch my DPS from shread/fury swipes/melee was increased and now I am confused if I need to go more near the hit/expertise cap or not.

You can see my armory from eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-steppes/wirysnout/advanced

And I have in my inventory:
    hands - Double Attack Handguards
    feet - Treads of Fleeting Joy
    rings - Skullcracker Ring and Signet of the Elder Council
    trinket - Tia's Grace

Can you please advise me if I am using the correct gear/enchant/gem ?
    Treads of Fleeting Joy are better than your boots. Signet of the Elder Council is better than the Therazane rep ring. Keep your two piece tier, and aim for a four piece eventually. In general, higher item level items will always be better as all of our secondary stats are very close to each other, with hit and expertise being a little bit behind.

Enchants are mostly right. Strength (even +35 str) is a better glove enchant than expertise. Agility is now the best wrist enchant, if you can get it.

Your gems are pretty much wrong, though. Glinting Demonseye (Agility/Hit rating) is the best blue gem by a wide margin. You shouldn't ever gem expertise - agility is always going to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    1. Haste and crit are probably about equal with your gear level. When in doubt, always download Mew and look up stat weightings yourself.
    2. It's roughly a 400 DPS gain, so yes. BiS offpiece for 359 is Tsanga's Helm. BiS offpiece for 372 is Sark of the Unwatched.[COLOR="red"]
    Thanks!

Do we just put up 3 mangles as our opener then? And refresh as needed?

Deleted
    Heyho! Great thing where Id like to get some advice as well . Is there any optimation possible? Take into account that I went for the hitcap to kick reliably.

my armory character name: Schändwich in europe/Germany/Krag'jin (sorry I cant add links to my posts atm. cause im new at the forums)

thanks!