Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: 3.3.3 New Toys, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by aruki
    Where is the war in warcraft now? It seems they're too busy killing dragons and dead things to worry about fighting each other.
    Gasp, you mean people are being intelligent and prioritizing planet-threatening issues over petty "THAT GUY IS GREEN I SHOULD KILL HIM HURRRRR" retardation? MY GOD MAKE IT STOP!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitanii
    I don't get the mastery system at all. So, there will be "special" Stats i get for spending points in a tree, okay - i get that. But wth is up with mastery on gear? I totaly don't get that.
    What's there to not get? As you spend points in a single talent tree, you get 1, 2 or 3 bonusses. De third bonus will always read as something like:
    "Increases [insert type] damage by [y]", or "Decreases damage taken by [y]".

The number that this Mastery stat will adjust, is [y], where [y] is a %. The higher your mastery stat, thus the higher you can stack it, the higher [y] becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by aruki
    It's a '40 vs 40 Boss Race' rather than a bg, as for some old school ones lasting 5 hours, I've joined ones that had been going on for over a day before.

Thats a real war.

Where is the war in warcraft now? It seems they're too busy killing dragons and dead things to worry about fighting each other.
    It is called evolution, as time progresses the nutshell of a brain that people had has grown to the size of a pear.
    Nowadays people actually play to reach a goal whereas before everyone was just trying to blow eachother up with their 800 crits while thinking "Oh my lordy lordy, I think Ima do daet Egaen when I rezs up! ", but I guess running in circles is fun for some people.
    Macalister, Paladin on whichever realm I play on.
    http://www.pacifismguild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Evert
    I hate a 12 hours AV battle, I took 12 hours to get one mark of honor.
    And you need 30 for a armor piece only!
    12x30=360 hours.... :P
    But the game it self was fun, taking tower after tower, gy after gy and use everything, like the tree lord, ram riders infantery..
    it felt like a REAL battle, only took to much time
    thats the problem with AV (in particular) and BGs in total now. The actual PvP has been gutted in the aim for streamlining the BG experience. It's a grind for PvP gear without looking to see if BG's are fun in themselves.

Hence why I don't PvP much in WOLTK apart from weekly WG quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Jepettoy Joybuzz in Dalaran will sell 3 more items in 3.3.3! Your favorite toymaker added the following to his inventory:

So only the first one is a true companion pet? I'm a collector and it seems like the other 2 are usable items. So I assume only the first one will count towards the companion pet counter?

Also: /gief 100 companion achievement

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï
    What's there to not get? As you spend points in a single talent tree, you get 1, 2 or 3 bonusses. De third bonus will always read as something like:
    "Increases [insert type] damage by [y]", or "Decreases damage taken by [y]".

The number that this Mastery stat will adjust, is [y], where [y] is a %. The higher your mastery stat, thus the higher you can stack it, the higher [y] becomes.
    I'm pretty sure it's the 1st and 2nd bonuses that give you percentage-wise damage/healing increase/decrease and the 3rd one being a special one that lowers ability cooldowns, adds a HoT to your direct heals, increases RP gain etc
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Health
    So only the first one is a true companion pet? I'm a collector and it seems like the other 2 are usable items. So I assume only the first one will count towards the companion pet counter?

Also: /gief 100 companion achievement
    And gief a 150 (maybe 125tho) one for cataclysm.

World of Warcraft: Map || Screenshots

WTF mastery reduce cooldowns?so if i had full mastery gear i wont have any cd?
    Bladstorm SPAM

imagen a paladin has no cs on babbel

The biggest imbalances of AV are way more obvious pre-80.

For example grabbing a tower as alliance is simple, you just run up and get it. As horde you need to kill 2 guards and then stand exactly right so you don't get hit by the rest. When both teams are rushing this is extremely important. (And at low levels it's extremely frustrating since all the mobs in AV haven't been adjusted for the new level brackets and the introduction of battleground levelling (50-59, level 55/60 mobs for example))

Then you have an elite at the south (or north?) DB bunker, that aggro's when you enter it. While the alliance have one non-elite to worry about that will evade before you're even at the FW towers.

Those two are easy things to fix, put the guards behind the beams in the bunkers and remove the elite or move it to a place it won't aggro at all.
    The map itself isn't as bad as people make it out to be tbh. Alliance have the bridge, while horde have the nice narrow hallway with lots of corners. Both can be avoided, but most will just go through the maze like a rat and get trapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Macalister
    It is called evolution, as time progresses the nutshell of a brain that people had has grown to the size of a pear.
    Nowadays people actually play to reach a goal whereas before everyone was just trying to blow eachother up with their 800 crits while thinking "Oh my lordy lordy, I think Ima do daet Egaen when I rezs up! ", but I guess running in circles is fun for some people.
    For me it's not wanting the exact same AV back as it was prenerfs with the red/orange dude and all. But those things made it epic. If they only altered it into a more challenging BG where you have to use those 'tools' in order to win the battle. It would be alot more enjoyable then it is now. These days everyone is stressy about getting as much marks the fastest and they start to QQ if it isn't going fast enough and try to get people to lose. I really hope that stops with 3.3.3 . It's not about running in circles it's about an exiting battle.

World of Warcraft: Map || Screenshots

Deleted

i like how the paladin in that screenshot is called "Totheground" :

the poor Crashin' Trashin' Racer got nerfed lately and now they are selling them
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amagad - it's one of them dolls Child services use for children to point out where they've been touched by paedos...

Edit - ah damn, how do you make a picture into thumbnail format ?

cool pet even tho its just a recolering xD

AV imbalance is because sometimes you fight with morones and sometimes you are not.

10+ Year Old Account

Hahaha, way to make warriors in prot spec with DPS gear even more overpowered. I guess we finally got out AOE rend... (Well, sort of, I THINK once this change goes live it will apply Deep Wounds for sure, meaning a lot of fury wars will start weaving it in on trash).
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I dread the idea them overhauling AV once more at this point, every time they attempt to fix it only gets worse. I understand they want to streamline it so that it's a quick battle where everybody can get some honor and marks, but it's anything BUT a PvP match this point.

While like others here I remember the 3-4 hour battles (my longest one was 4, but I know there have been 12 hour+ ones) and don't particularly pray to see them happen again, the PvE race in a PvP instance where barely any PvP happens is a bit daunting.

10+ Year Old Account

gif me ma cataclysm screw wotlk -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex
    "...you'd have to be either completely braindead or playing Alliance to find Alterac Valley either remotely balanced.
    There is a difference between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitanii
    I don't get the mastery system at all. So, there will be "special" Stats i get for spending points in a tree, okay - i get that. But wth is up with mastery on gear? I totaly don't get that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX
    First stat comes from the number of talents you've spent in the tree and is reasonably generic (attack power, spell power, etc)
    Second stat comes from the number of talents you've spent in the tree and is slightly more themed to your tree (haste, crit, etc)
    Third stat comes from the amount of mastery you have from your gear and is something special for your tree (absorption for disc priests, for example).
    I kinda feel the same as Kitanii. I understand that speccing into a talent tree will give three different bonuses, two pretty much similar and one special (or two special, depending on class).
    But, where does gear come into this? I mean, you get the bonuses from talent specs right? Not from improving gear or anything? So what calculates the 'amount of mastery you have from your gear'?

Please explain the "mastery on gear" :P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.