Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: 3.3.3 New Toys, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin
    Personally I think that would be great - but I cant see it happening. I also cant see the majority of the player base even wanting it (which I think is a mistake). Ill explain....

Ive remember running heroics in BC, they required a little thought, and more time. There was more trash and some had to be CCd (at least till we outgeared them a lot). Some instances like heroic Shattered Halls had some nasty pulls that required everyone to be on their feet - and before pallys became so overpowered at the later part of that expansion - CC was a must for that place. Heroics took some time to complete.

Now, just run a heroic.... How long is it taking you? 10, 15 mins? This is great for "grinding badges" but personally I think the game has suffered for this. People arent running the instance for the fun of it - its ONLY a grind for badges. Often times bosses are skipped and if they can go straight for the last boss then even better! On my newest toon I had to do Old Kingdom heroic about 5 times before I got the achievement for it - and even then only with a run with guildies. Everyone else had skipped most bosses.

I think the same happens with PVP....... yes - people are farming marks to a degree so with those going it may help issues a little. However a lot of the honor still comes from killing drek or vann - and I suspect that even with marks going and kill honor going up etc, people will still zerg because they want to be out really fast.

I dont know what the solution is - it never works to reset the clock - the days of fast battlegrounds and heroics is here - and I cant see it changing - even in cataclysm.

Just my 2 pence worth.
    Tbh I don't mind a 15 - 30 min BG run. But ignoring most of the BG's mechanics and the constant QQing (ironicly I'm QQing about QQing :-X) completely took the fun out of AV (and most other BG's). can't wait for rated BG's and only get serious players on your side.

World of Warcraft: Map || Screenshots

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    (I believe ranged attacks can be blocked, but I can't honestly remember off the top of my head.) (Source)

oh god

Quote Originally Posted by dazline
    Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    (I believe ranged attacks can be blocked, but I can't honestly remember off the top of my head.) (Source)

oh god

Give the guy a break, he's got a lot on his plate. Whether or not he remembered how block does or does not interact with a ranged physical attack seems like a fairly minor point to get worked up over.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tyden49
    So what av is unbalanced those frost wulfs should gtfo of alliance land thrall can lick my ass and for you horde qq ers AB is unbalanced for alliance so it works out even in the end it doesn't make sense for everything to be even all the time and for those ppl complaining about alli archers and havin to kill them are just bad as if u can't kill them in 2 gcds
    Arathi Basin is fair as an Alliance .... but you just get about 10 retards all fighting to take the stables and 5 players who actually look to run to GM LM or BS
    Insert Signiture here.

Hum, I hope this was a mistake... Seriously do.

But on the paladin screenshot, in the prot tree, it shows "Damage Taken +3%"... I REALLY hope this is some kind of mistake and they meant "Damage Taken -3%".

the rocket bot will be my 107th pet :P

the celestial dragon should be renamed to celestial sea-horse lol with the new model :P

As an avid pvper and a lover of BGs, AV was one of my favorite battlegrounds ever. I never experienced pre-bc AV, but heard about it. I just missed getting to 52 before BC came out. I loved AV before the re-enforcements change. Now, I take premades into AV with the soul purpose of turtling. Stopping the horde rush, and killing the alliance rush do to the numbers not being high enough because my group is sitting on defense. We even take the time to try and summon the Boss, and wing commanders as well, just for the fun of it. The rush makes AV my least favorite BG to pug now. By far. It's a BG for PvP, and all it is now is a PvE Boss zerg rush. It's sad.

Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot
    finally a pet i will enjoy using