Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto shamans? What do you love about your class

Hey, My shaman is fresh 80 and i consider make it resto but want to hear some thoughts about it . What do you Love about your class? Convince me going resto

Re: Resto shamans? What do you love about your class

My favorite part about being a resto shaman is that i can stand on top of other resto shamans in my raid and our BRAIN HEAL spam makes awesome patterns.

Chain Heal is a gorgeous spell to watch. I just love seeing how it jumps and makes numbers everywhere (yes I know I am a bit retarded, planning on fixing brain).

On a more strategic and cartesian point of view, shaman heal is becoming a very, very versatile healer, which (that's my opinion) is fun to play:
    You don't have a as much spells as a holy priest (and I must say I really like playing my holy priest, but it's just not the same), but you have everything you need (i.e. yes, the priest Binding heal IS useful and saved my ass several times, but you can live without it): a good flash heal (ESPECIALLY if glyphed and used on the ES target), a now very good greater heal (and no need for the target to be at -50% health for full efficiency), an instant (as I use T9 2p, it's quiet gorgeous), the Earth Shield which was the reason I was top healer on Vezax (gotta love the glyph) and, of course, the Queen of Healing spells (yeah, healing spells are feminine, go figure why), Chain Heal, which is insanely powerful, hell even if you just hit one target it's not worthless. It has a quiet low cost, a long cast time (and I love long casts as a healer), and a very very VERY high efficiency. I think it really is the most useful healing spell in the whole game.

On the downside, shamans lack a very important spell in my point of view: an emergency "don't worry, this will save your life" spell as the priest and paladin both have. This was really problematic when running Sartharion 3D as we HAD to save the ass of a tank which was going to get one-shot whatever the avoidance was. And both Nature Swiftness and Tidal Force can't be used on a dead target, eh.

Anyway, my 2 cents: try it. Get in Archavon as healer, do some hero, go figure. Personally I really prefer going on 25 men as healer, that's where you really benefit from using Chain Heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Amana
    Chain Heal is a gorgeous spell to watch.
    seriously. this is the only reason I have a resto offset.
    tank in heroic: Why are you just all out spamming chain heal?
    me: because i have enough mp5 to do so, and its fun to watch
    tank:...o....k.....
    Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841
    you used the term parry gib... which is a myth

Happy to see I'm not the only one doing that :P

Just an ordinary chain heal, but watch out, BECAUSE THAT'S NO ORDINARY JESUS BEAM

The yellow lazor flying around my screen

Well to be honest nothing beats topping meeters :P or well tbh I like the chain heal spam but ofc with the hw when needed and with riptide/earth shield it makes up for a lot of posibilities of what is posible and I really like that u can raid heal at one point then instantly go to healing the shit out of that tank with 1sec hw's (or well close atleast)

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    Just an ordinary chain heal, but watch out, BECAUSE THAT'S NO ORDINARY JESUS BEAM
    hahahaha. I hate chu rotface fight!

When i moved to another realm i was thinking what class to lvl, and i simply chose shaman couse i liked the way chain heal looks ;D !

Watching the Jesus Beams make unusual shapes as they hop around a raid is quite nice, but as said above, we're versatile. I'll often be switched around during a raid to do different things (depending on the boss and other healers, naturally), but unlike say Holy Paladins who are tied to 1-2 jobs, a Shaman seems to be a 'jack of all trades'.

Plus, weilding the power of Heroism, knowing it will pretty much validate your raid spot if all else fails, it's quite comforting to know I actually have a use asides spamming my same Jesus Beam hotkey.

Thx Guys ill be Rolling resto . I got enough primordial saronites to buy any boots or legs . What shall i buy

Quote Originally Posted by Exxypo
    Thx Guys ill be Rolling resto . I got enough primordial saronites to buy any boots or legs . What shall i buy
    You should buy the item that gives you the biggest uppgrade i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Exxypo
    You should also check what would be your best setbreaker before you craft the legs. Maybe in your case 4p+60emblem gloves will be the best choice for you. Or 4p+legs. Check that out before you go craft anything. Me myself crafted the legs the first thing I did and as soon as I get my hands on the last token I will be switching em out most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Amana
    Chain Heal is a gorgeous spell to watch. I just love seeing how it jumps and makes numbers everywhere (yes I know I am a bit retarded, planning on fixing brain).
    Am I glad I'm not the only one. 8) I just love the feel that CH has.

I also like the fact that while we don't have as many tools as a holy priest, we have enough spells to get the job done. Earth Shield can be very powerful (+ it makes that nice crackling sound ), and LHW and HW do the job perfectly. In the beginning of wrath, casting HW didn't happen very often, but nowadays I find myself using it more often. Riptide is great for quick spot healing.

There's a nice flow between your spells as well. When glyphed, keeping up earth shield will increase healing on that same target. Casting CH or Riptide increases the crit on you LHW, or the casting time on your HW. Most stuff you do simply has some effect on a different spell you can cast. Using this to your advantage can be pretty fun.

Maybe one of the things I like best is having the ability to purge mobs/bosses, interrupt casts, and the ability to throw in some flame shocks, lava bursts and chain lightnings. Some sort of an "offensive healer".

Also, standing between 4 totems looks awesome.

I play resto in PVP, and I love how I can own druid and priests just because of one single wonderful spell called Purge. That and ofc more effective dps than other healers in an arena setting(except disci priests).

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Well should i buy 4p t9 and hope for legs/hands in voa. So i shall Wait to craft anythinh?

my resto is 74atm but i love him already

i got best totem look (imo troll totems >> all as they are nice and each of them is unique), i can interrupt, purge, and all shaman heals are somehow dependant on each other and that creates some kind of semi rotation which is really awesome

15+ Year Old Account

I love the versatility of resto shamans @ roles, but thats it.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant
    hahahaha. I hate chu rotface fight!
    Try Festergut.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!