Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: An Assault on Two Fronts - Patch 3.9

Over the years, members of the Horde looking to test their worth have braved the Echo Isles to confront Zalazane, and many of them even returned victorious with his severed head. These victories, however, proved to be nothing more than an illusion created by the twisted witch doctor's dark magic.
    The Echo Isles was merely a setback!

Huh. 3.9?
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bFusion
    I'm sure 3.9 will come after the 3.3 cycle. It's basically the last major patch before the Cataclysm expansion patch.

4.0 = expansion
    3.x = major content (ICC, Trial, etc)
    3.3.x = minor content (item tweaking, profession tweaking, bug fixes, etc)
    Why not call it 3.4 then?

It's just confusing to me.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps
    No of course not.

4.0 is cataclysm
    Actually, 4.0 is the Pre-Cata patch that will introduce Archaeology, (some of the) Titan Path system, new class changes, the Cataclysm itself (most likely), etc. 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 will be Cataclysm itself.

I just had a loregasm.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick
    That troll armour in the middle picture is absolutely filthy...
    I want it now!
    Start running Zul'Aman! You get that gear in there but its red.

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick
    That troll armour in the middle picture is absolutely filthy...
    I want it now!
    Its gear from Zul'aman =/.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrakin
    Actually, 4.0 is the Pre-Cata patch that will introduce Archaeology, (some of the) Titan Path system, new class changes, the Cataclysm itself (most likely), etc. 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 will be Cataclysm itself.
    4 is cataclysm.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

The numbering for this patch is pretty puzzling. Meh, I don't know. Maybe Blizzard are reluctant to call it 3.4 incase Cata is delayed and something else needs to be put in as filler.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

wow lol seems this patch 3.9 is either a typo or we will see 5 more content patches before cataclysm (and have to wait long for it)

Quote Originally Posted by LordSothe
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...nomeregan1.jpg

That picture is singlehandedly the most terrifying thing I have ever seen.

This. Imagine all those saws moving at the same time. All those Gnomes ready to kick ass. Oh geez.

3.9 !?!??!?!

They can, and probably will go from 3.3 to 3.9.

4.0 being the Cataclysm systems patch (that normally comes 1 month before the real patch)

but Blizzard made the Pre-Cata event SO EPIC that they had to make a major content patch for it. And knowing that in 4.0 "everyone" will have the new Azeroth, the fact of splitting it in multiple major patches works, because i certainly dont want to download a massive 5gb patch anytime soon, for sure.

They probably COULD name it 3.4, but Pre-Cata patch is basically Pre-4.0, and what comes before 4.0? 3.9 of course. 3.4 is too far from 4.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

3.9 is probably just a placeholder for "last content patch before 4.0"

I'm not surprised they added the "The guy you killed was a Doombot fake/It was an illusion" part.

Mekkatorque looks really freaking buff for a gnome though. Like a midget bodybuilder. He's got brains AND brawn, ladies!
    DEAL WITH IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps
    4 is cataclysm.
    Like other people have been saying, 4.0 is not Cataclysm. It'll be the patch applied to LK that implements all the changes for Cataclysm, but prior to release of the expansion.

Don't you remember the big 3.0 patch that occurred in BC, a month or whatever prior to LK?

What part about patch 3.9 is confusing people?

Anyways... Sounds awesome, can't wait!!!

Ha, is it just me, or does Mekkatorque remind you of Paul Sr. from American Chopper? Probably not an accident...

3.5 = Ruby Sanctum

3.6 = Ruby Sanctum Was a Setback!
    The twilight dragon you faced was actually just an illusion! He's really in Deepholm, laughing at you! Find him there and slay him!

3.7 = Sunwell Revisted!
    Join our adventurers as they help the bloodelves reclaim the Sunwell once and for all! Sure you may have thought you had already done this, but really you hadn't!

3.8 = Elemental Tournament
    The leaders of Azeroth have banded together in Tanaris to turn Gadgetzan into the Elemental Tournament Grounds! Knowing that an epic battle is coming, players will guide their characters through the Tournament of Elements, preparing themselves for what is to come. With special Appearance by Anub'Arak.

3.9 = In Other News...
    While most of the world is focused on the Elemental Tournament, the gnomish and troll leaders have decided now is the time to break from their adoptive homes and return to their homelands! Join their forces as they move meere miles from Orgrimmar and Ironforge, retaking their lands from the level 10-20's that now inhabit them!

3.9.9 = Oh Shiat, a Dragon!
    Deathwing emerges from Deepholme, raining destruction and death down from the skies. His first targets are the newly built and innadequately defensed Gnomeragan and Echo Isles. Aid the trolls and gnomes in their quest to sneak back into their once adoptive homelands.

4.0 = Finally, Cataclysm
    We would have a fancy explanation here about Cataclysm. But let's face it. You know what is going to happen already. You've probably already seen the files on the PTR, or had someone spoil it for you. So I leave you with this... be prepared for 4.0.5 - The Return of Kaelthas Sunstruder!
    ~ No Worries Gaming ~
    Home of Casual Warcraft, THE podcast for the casual in all of us
    Find us on iTunes or on our homepage
    http://www.noworriesgaming.com

Operation: Gnomeregan is going to be hot! Oh you, coward Thermaplugg, guess you should've killed me when I was level 30!