Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: An Assault on Two Fronts - Patch 3.9

Surely it was meant to say "3.3.9"?

I like to think 3.9 as first patch of cataclysm, something like 4.0 -0.1, not sure if it would be better named as 4.-1 and see how many of you are still confused. And that being said, Blizz can give their patches any numbers they want, we could be playing 1.20.3.2 or something now.

MORE GNOMES ? :<

In other news, version numbers are completely arbitrary and assigned often by over-worked, under-paid code monkeys who could care less if their system is consistent.

That being said, my money is on 3.3.9.

Would it be easier to understand if this was just "WoW, patch #86", and Cataclysm was "WoW, patch #87"? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by g0ku
    3.X <- major patch
    so from 3.3 > 3.9 => 6 major patches ?!?!?! something is wrong forsure
    if not, there will be a long waiting period for cataclysm
    Of course there will be 6 troll raids before cataclysm. /facepalm.
    Where were the 5 content patches between sunwell and wotlk??? :
    Where do you get the idea of being forced to go 3.1 - 3.2 - 3.3 and so on? In classic wow it even got over 10, last patch was 1.12. There could basically be a 3.5741 if blizzard wants it. Stooop writing bullshit
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Fuck me, i wish boub would explain to the people who can't read about the 3.9.

As for the actual post, cant wait to be freein ma gnomies.

Seriously, why is this so hard to understand? It's been posted like 10 times already. There is NO reason that version numbers have to be sequential. Netscape famously went from 4.7something to 6.0 in one great leap, because Microsoft had released a major revision of Internet Explorer and they were afraid people would thing that Netscape 5.0 was less advances than IE 6. It means nothing. They can, and may very well, go directly from 3.3.5 to 3.9. If, for some obscure reason they mess up and need to release another major patch between 3.9 and Cat they can go to 3.10 or 3.11. It's an arbitrary number. It means nothing except internally, and often means little or nothing there. Cataclysm will be out when it's out. What version numbers they chose to use is no hint or clue as to a release date.

patch 9000.03.01! That is the patch for cata release.

Quote Originally Posted by g0ku
    3.X <- major patch
    so from 3.3 > 3.9 => 6 major patches ?!?!?! something is wrong forsure
    Yes, something is wrong. It's located between your keyboard and your chair.

Deleted

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/3p9/gnomeregan.xml

That is all.

PS: Considering that the event is already on the PTR build files (music, voices and all) AND Blizz doesn't make lore pages for far reaching patches, it's easy to predict that will come in 3.3.3.

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer
    Seriously, why is this so hard to understand? It's been posted like 10 times already. There is NO reason that version numbers have to be sequential. Netscape famously went from 4.7something to 6.0 in one great leap, because Microsoft had released a major revision of Internet Explorer and they were afraid people would thing that Netscape 5.0 was less advances than IE 6. It means nothing. They can, and may very well, go directly from 3.3.5 to 3.9. If, for some obscure reason they mess up and need to release another major patch between 3.9 and Cat they can go to 3.10 or 3.11. It's an arbitrary number. It means nothing except internally, and often means little or nothing there. Cataclysm will be out when it's out. What version numbers they chose to use is no hint or clue as to a release date.
    You are saying that Blizz will ignore and abandon their 15 years old patch system? After 3.3 is 4.0.

15+ Year Old Account

Omg.... 8 pages of people saying "3.9?!?!?! WTF!??!?!!1"

no actual comments about the posts content.. gg

15+ Year Old Account

GREAT!. I don't care about the magical number 3.9, but I do care about the release date, because I wanna plaayyyyy <3
    ALTF4.

i am in UD and i wanna save the gnomes :'(

fuck the trolls, they can fix everything with dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/3p9/gnomeregan.xml

That is all.

PS: Considering that the event is already on the PTR build files (music, voices and all) AND Blizz doesn't make lore pages for far reaching patches, it's easy to predict that will come in 3.3.3.

You are saying that Blizz will ignore and abandon their 15 years old patch system? After 3.3 is 4.0.
    Eh wait. You highlight the 3p9 and still think it will come 3.3.3? That doesn't make any sense.
    And what patch system are you talking about. Definitly not that one they used in WoW. Because if you think that there is any system behind this except x.y(.z) where x is an expansion, y is a content patch and z is a fix but no other rule behind it...you're wrong
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    3.9 pretty much means that Cataclysm will not be coming in 2010. Most likely scenario is that StarCraft will launch around Xmas and Cataclysm in Mars - April next year. Until then.... WOW will be getting minor 1 boss instances ?
    They said at Blizzcon there would be 2 releases in 2010, and Diablo III wasn't one of them.

id like to see a blizz quoting 3.9, I haven't seen it anywhere. I have seen no blue ref to any 3.x.x on this subject so Id ask Boub where he got 3.9 from and is it a typo of 3.3.9? Anyway where did you get 3.whatever information from?

ITT retards trying too read way too much into a version number. Hilariously pathetic.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    Eh wait. You highlight the 3p9 and still think it will come 3.3.3? That doesn't make any sense.
    To explain where the "3.9" comes from. Still doesn't change my opinion that will come in 3.3.3. Everything is on the PTR and Blizz don't release lore pages without the content being release very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    And what patch system are you talking about. Definitly not that one they used in WoW. Because if you think that there is any system behind this except x.y(.z) where x is an expansion, y is a content patch and z is a fix but no other rule behind it...you're wrong.
    The patch system that Blizz uses since Warcraft II. It's not arbitrary, is sequencial.

HOORAY WE KILLED THESE GUYS

And then we woke up and it was all a dream.

Now do it again.

I hate retcons.