Poll: Are giant mob pulls generally a good or bad thing in heroics?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: ~ POLL ~ "Giant Pulls in Heroics" Good or Bad?

Simple rule. If the tank is chain pulling or doing big pulls he doesn't get to complain about losing aggro. If the tank is pulling more than one pack at a time and losing aggro for any reason whatsoever it is the tanks fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliceinhell
    Chain pulls yes.

Giant pulls? Well that depends.... If it's a pug group you'll usually get one dumbass DPS who doesnt wait to Dps >.<
    If you need the DPS to wait you aren't good enough at tanking for that pull. The entire point of pulling more mobs is to do the instance faster. If you don't have enough aggro for the DPS to go all out on the move then you are not going faster, you are slowing things down.

giant pulls: NO
    big pulls: depends on healer, tank and mobs, if we can handle it, we WILL do it
    small pulls: see previous :P, only replace can with can't and WILL with WON'T
    Quote Originally Posted by spiny View Post
    I always mean to get around to doing Archaeology but something always comes up. Like anything. Anything at all. Mowing the lawn. Eating glass for others' amusement, watching my cat clean its butt, etc.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street is the lead systems designer on World of Warcraft. He has four dogs: three epic retrievers and one green terrier suitable for disenchanting.

Depends on what I'm playing.

My healadin: Go for it, even if you're not that well geared, as long as you can keep aggro. I can heal you fine, can maybe even get to use some cooldowns or use holy light once in a while. But if the entire party starts getting attacked at once I'm not gonna be able to keep them all up.

My warlock: Yes please. Seed of corruption is fun on big pulls. Just watch out for that incoming pack of mobs one of the melee facepulled that is gonna head straight for me once a seed goes off.

My warrior in dps spec: Four mobs is fine, any more is useless to me. I can't whirlwind more than 4 anyway, and cleave only hits 3 I think.

My warrior in tank spec: I wish I could pull more, but if my thunderclap is on cooldown and there is more than a couple of mobs that aren't hitting me already, a dps is gonna get pummeled for 6 seconds before I can really do too much about it.

I play a healing Shammy and Pally and I prefer fast pulls when healing or I will just lose interest and watch tv while doing as little healing as possible....

Tanks Favorite line: "GOGOGOGO pull LOTS this is EZ!"

10+ Year Old Account

Giant pulls with smart dps, a solid aoe tank, sufficient heals = good.
    Giant pulls with dps that doesn't let the tank round up mobs, a tank that can't hold aoe threat, fail heals = bad.

It's situational.
    Look! Words!

rofl i have 30k hp and i've been pulling big pulls since i got my naxx gear and my crit cap. if you think you can't do it in 40k then lol to you. if you're talking about skill rather than gear, then yeah.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

My tank hits 50k in heroics, UK I'm dissapointed if there isnt 2 min left on the Cd, HoL we were in combat all the way to 2nd boss, including tanking the adds and first boss at the same time, pally tank AE threat FTW :P

And i think you find the lesser geared dps players appreciate it more, because they just spent half an hour in teh queue and got what they were after in 10 minutes, giving them the chance at another run sooner.

Plus players get sick of the content, i dont need any triumph gear, I've got my ICC stuff, I have my triumph pvp starting gear all i need is a few more gems for heirlooms and the mount for 200 heroism.. other than that a few fast runs to keep buying my gems.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

If your healer and tank are geared ( or are from the same guild, then they usually at least know eachother's limits) then I say pull as much as possible. I always queue as heals, so I usually urge our tank (if he's say...4500 Gearscore+) to pull 2-3 groups of mobs at a time. I know I can keep him up, so long as he has aggro.

"Fate has made us enemies...But this ring will make us brothers." -Gravemind to the Master Chief and the Arbiter, (Halo 2)
    "Were it so easy" -The Arbiter (Halo 2,3)
    "That is the worst grenade throw ever, of all time" -Agent Washington (RedvsBlue, season 6)
    <3 Caboose

Up to the tank & heal. If you are both ICC raid geared, there s no reason to not chain/giant pull to save time. If only tank/heal is geared, just ask politely.

I love giant pulls when people know how to use aoe.
    Have you ever saw how mage using Arcane Blast on one mob in pack from ~20 of em.
    Ow worst, huntard using Arcane Volley on two targets.

If the group is geared and competent, I think it's best to pull as much as you can as fast as you can. It adds to the challenge factor and makes the instance go by a lot more quickly.

i enjoy the challenge on both my tanks and my healer, on my dps toons they all have some sort of aoe so its quite "fun" i suppose to watch all the pretty numbers.

if gear is an issue then obviously dont do it. if the player is competent and has the gear then yea. go for the big pulls

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz
    rofl i have 30k hp and i've been pulling big pulls since i got my naxx gear and my crit cap. if you think you can't do it in 40k then lol to you. if you're talking about skill rather than gear, then yeah.
    lol to you ..

its no problem for he tank ... however if the healer can't handle it then you know ..... you die
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

As a rogue I love it when the tank pulls several groups at once, can Tricks him and spam FoK to give him all the threat he needs. If the tank overgears the instance by a wide margin, why not?

If the tank can handle it, I -LOVE- having large pulls.
    I actually have to do something besides Earth Shield & Riptide
    and I'm sure the DPS like the AoE-fest having numbers everywhere to boost their epeens

If the group overall isnt ready for it then I'm fine with one pull at a time, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Those are raptors. Raptors are not fish.
    Get out of the water, raptor. You can not breathe there.

I'm kinda shocked by how many people think this is good, and I don't understand "faster" when aside from prepatch cos and anything based on a timer like HoR I haven't been in a group where any heroic has taken longer then 12-20 minutes. While I'm all for queueing on my next alt, i personally don't think 20 minutes is that long as is. Maybe I'm still used to vanilla and tbc dungeons, but at least on off raid nights I like to have some fun for that 20 minutes at least.

As for what I do, tanking I chain pull, if there is another group near I will pull when almost everything in the current group is down. I do always make sure my healer has mana and is near, esp for bosses or something I need healed for.

Healing, I can usually keep up no probs. Then there are times like tonight when myself and someone else in the group made it clear we were getting pretty bad lag the 4k gs dk tank is in the next room while dps is still killing and pulling aggro off of the previous room/group, I'm trying to heal them and see the tank dropping who is around the corner and out of los. The best was when he did that and pulled a boss while he was only at 45% health and I was still healing the dps in the previous room with 2 mobs still running all around. Lag aside no one died and we still managed to do it in about 16 minutes... so no record time but an all around wtf is the point of this run.

as a healer, giant pulls then to make the snore-fest that heroics r nowdays a bit more of a challenge. So, 2 thumbs up from me. this is IF the tank / dps r somewhat geared for it that is, i WILL still let careless and dumb dps/tanks die tho. U r not as OP as u think u dumb fuckers....

if the tank can control it, sure

Well pulling loads of trash is fun, but I dont get to alt+tab as much
    normally I shield renew and alt tab to w/e Im doing.

my record of a 7 minute run of UK (Paladin Tank) most fun i have ever had in a heroic always on the move even with the bosses.