Tanking Keleseth?

Hi, went through ICC 10man tonight and ended up at Prince Valanar and got assigned to be the ranged dps, but the problem was, I had 3-4 orb but constantly got killed by Keleseth every time he was the target.

So any pro tips and tricks to next time it happends?

Re: Tanking Keleseth?

Get more orbs. The buff is multiplicative, not additive. With 3 you're still going to be taking 15k+ damage every 2 seconds. The spawn rate allows you to maintain 4-5 throughout.

If you have too many problems and you have a Paladin then you should have your raid consider 2 tanking the fight with one tank on the two melee princes and another normal tank on Keleseth. Preferably a Druid so they can more consistently grab orbs with FF.

10+ Year Old Account

What class do you play?
    We use a hunter outfitted in full pvp gear as ranged tank. The gear gives him a good health pool and he can pop deterrence when he's low on Nucleus' and Keleseth gets the blood orb. Works flawlessly every time and we usually manage "The orb whisperer". I don't think it's needed though, it might be a bit overkill.

10+ Year Old Account

SW:P each orb as it spawns, keep VT / DP / SW:P up on Kel and MF him as much as you can for max aggro. Dispersion is your CD, be prepared to use it when needed. Shadowfiend early and often to keep your mana up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.

We use a Blood DK Tank for Keleseth, works pretty good. And as for how he does it I'm not sure he does do a lot of running around the room which doesn't seem to be a problem, but he does have A LOT of health and CD's for when he's Empowered.

3 orbs isnt enough , you should dot him and run in circles picking up every dark nucleus in the room with SWPain for the duration of the fight. pretty much that simple.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Ah, seems like the problem was that simple then, saw a movie on tankspot and they said 3 orbs, I'll just run around and pick up all I can next time then :P

And I'm a shadow priest for the one who asked, kind of why I posted in this part of the forum ;P

I got as much as 6 orbs at me at a given time, tapping nuclei as soon as they would spawn. But you guys should really try using a tank for 2 of the bosses and the 2nd for the caster boss, it makes it easier imho.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!