ICC Weapons for Bears

Hi All,

A few words of context for my question today: I'm the MT in a 10man guild, we started raiding (and be active on WOW) only a few months back so we're currently getting our first tries on Rotface. Also, I pug ICC25 from time to time but on my servers, most PUGs stop after Saurfang. I'm currently using the Lupine staff from EDC25 as my bear weapon.

Question: What's my next bear weapon upgrade? There's a staff on Rotface10 but the stats are not super attractive to me. Should I spend some cash on the Hilt/Spire? Statswise it is not better than my Lupine staff with a +30stam gem..it has expertise in place of haste though..better I guess.
    I'm confused on whether I should spend my $$ on the spire or if it's more a weapon for the non-raiders and I should patiently wait for Rotface to drop his not-very-exciting staff

Many thanks!

Re: ICC Weapons for Bears

Hey man im also a MT in our 10 man icc guild. Currently we only have the Blood wing up and Sindragosa and LK, the rest is down and I have to say that that Lupine staff will be your bestfriend for a long while. Unless you manage to pull off a Festergut kill on 25 man and Distant Land drops, your stuck w the Lupine. I looked at buying the Spire myself, but with the 30 stam gem in the staff its a waste really. You only gain a few stats and loose a lot of gold. The best staff for us in 10 man is off LK haha. So keep your head up! Im at 5747 GS and still using that staff :/
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

Deleted

25man Distant Land of rotface , Bloodfall from the queen , Oathbinder, Charge of the Ranger-General from the LK
    10man you can get Hersir's Greatspear from the bloodprinces or the Tainted Twig of Nordrassil of the LK
    Some 2handed maces but they are itemized with strenght but could still be usuable for a tanking druid but they far from being optimal ofc , allthough some do have a nice amount of stam, loosing so much agi , i wouldn't take them

As a MT i'd aim more for the stam on maces, which is blood princes 25 and dreamwalker10? also the polearm off of anub'arak in toc surpasses lupine for tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by scorch109
    As a MT i'd aim more for the stam on maces, which is blood princes 25 and dreamwalker10? also the polearm off of anub'arak in toc surpasses lupine for tanking.
    Not really, the polearm that drop in anub'arak in toc 10 man is not better than lupine for tanking.

Here is the comparison

Don't forget the PVP staff. It's itemized nicely for bear tanking with a ton of stamina and agility. It only requires an 1800 rating, which iirc can be obtained in twos. Something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcM85
    Don't forget the PVP staff. It's itemized nicely for bear tanking with a ton of stamina and agility. It only requires an 1800 rating, which iirc can be obtained in twos. Something to consider.
    In order to get that you need to do Arena. Also PVP gear does not help with survival, it is more for EH and "I have this much health".

I think twos no longer help you get more arena point, I might be wrong.

http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=47114;50998;51022

i'd go with the shaft of glacial ice especially if you can use the hit, remember that feral druid's gain huge amounts of dps/threat with any sort of item level upgrade. if you're not having any threat problems at all you could just stick with the lupine until pug's can kill festergut 25.

also you should consider going back and using spec 2, master shapeshifter is much better than kotj in terms of threat, and more threat is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro
    I think twos no longer help you get more arena point, I might be wrong.
    you can get the 1800 weapon in 2's, but you can't get titles or 2200 weapons and so on, it's a decent choice but depends if you want to pvp

15+ Year Old Account

the feral AP is more thne jsut threat is dmg reduction tru SD

agi on a staff >2% dodge

so just pick the highest itlevel agi staff
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Not really, the polearm that drop in anub'arak in toc 10 man is not better than lupine for tanking.

Here is the comparison
    Better comparison
    The togc10 polearm is far superior to lupine longstaff, and the one from 10 man rotface is a lot better than it as well.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

It might not be the smartest buy for everyone, but I got myself a hilt on patch day and its served me very well. Now that I'm getting more into T10 gear, the expertise from the Lightborne Spire isn't all that attractive, but expertise also has almost-ridiculously high caps and we also have the option of losing the Primal Precision crutch if we want. But as others said, high amounts of agility/stamina/feral attack power are big reasons to pick up a new stat stick, and this one has high amounts of all of those. Yes there's no gem slots, but I wouldn't discount the option if its available to you. That being said, the Lupine Longstaff/Twin's Pact is very solid too and that can and will serve you until you grab an upgrade that you are convinced you want.

I was referencing the 25 man one which haste crit instead of the haste lupine has.

Quote Originally Posted by scorch109
    I was referencing the 25 man one which haste crit instead of the haste lupine has.
    I added that as well, but it's not really noticeably better.
    comparison
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Better comparison
    The togc10 polearm is far superior to lupine longstaff, and the one from 10 man rotface is a lot better than it as well.
    If you can get a group to do ToGC 10 man, then it is better.

The one in 10 man rotface is not better it is more of a sidegrade, 159 stamina vs 166 stamina.

On my druid alt i currently use Oxheart.

Reason for this are it gives plenty of stam, and alot of expertise which puts me over the cap.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51562#contained-in-object

I looked at all the weapons in ICC 4/12... (back before the other wings opened) realised there was no love for ferals and shelled out for my Lightborn Spire. Went from the 232 Thunderstrike to it too, so it was a Very sexy upgrade or me. I'll be keeping it till PuGs start dropping me a Distant Land.

In fact... there are No more upgrades until that staff (or 10man Proff trink)

15+ Year Old Account

togc10 anub pole is very nice, if not the best for starters in ICC (besides hc lupins/twins - and that only because of itemlevel and so because of FeralAP/Threat. 13 iLvl is quite a bit actually). 215 stam (which is proven to be what you really should care about in ICC) is extreme nice. first thing that really beats that is distant land, then bloodfall, then lichking.
    if you cant get to anub10hc, rotface 10 staff is a nice thing, especially if you need the hit. in that case, it's more than just a sidegrade if you want to replace lupins/twins, especially when you're already ICC geared (not just 1 item^^) - and you haven't got any dropluck with weapons.

If you can get a group to do ToGC 10 man, then it is better.
    by the step of taking it into comparison it should be supposable that this is the case. otherwise it's not that difficult to delete one item in that comparison.

I believe it's the 1800 Rating PvP Wrathful Feral Staff. 275 Stam when gemmed, nuff said.

Also it's a note that the best Bear Tank in the world Sejta of Paragon eu.wowarmory.com

uses the Relentless Gladiator's Staff o.0

and doing a little math i believe her hp is about 75k - 80k fully buffed

15+ Year Old Account

seija is just using it because - IIRC - he/she was draining the spirits in frostmourne because that's the way of handling them in hc... or at least something like that. Also explains the 18 stam over the 240 armor on gloves, maybe.