Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: Icecrown Citadel Buff boosted to 10%

Quote Originally Posted by Mallus
    Our 10 man group did 11 bosses in two hours with the buff. Every fight just melted.

We tried LK for the first time, 60% on the first pull.

Oh and on top of that riveting gameplay, barely 20 people have signed up for the next week's raids. I'd say the buffs have caused burnout. Big time, I hate to say.
    My statements assume you're running ICC10 normal. You say you tried LK for the first time and got him to 60%. Well well, that's not all that far into phase 2, where the fight is actually a bit harder. Do you want congratulations for getting through the snoozefest that is phase 1? Did you get the LK kill? If not, get back in there. If you have raiders getting burned out because they didn't kill LK on the first day of pulls, they're bad raiders and need to get out. If they're getting burned out because it's 'easy', well, it's not. Not if you didn't get the kill. Try hard modes, the buff is not as applicable there, as the fights have more challenging mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime
    ICC10normal was fine imo and was a worthy warmup. I've been itching to start taking on the Heroic version but now I cba, sadly.
    Hard modes are hard. If you think you cba doing them because they're easy, you're wrong. It sounds to me like you're afraid of the challenge. I mean, this is what you sound like to me: "Normal mode was too trivial with the buff, so I am totally assuming that hard modes with the buff are complete pushovers, I'm not even going to try."

Also, 10 mans are trivial compared to 25 mans. Make some more friends and you'll find your challenges.

I got a weekend ban for fighting back against the trolls when the 5% buff went live so ........

*I MUST RESIST URGE TO POINT OUT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE COMPLAINING WHOM I HAVE LOOKED UP ON THE ARMORY TO FIND THAT THEY HAVE NOT KILLED PUTRICIDE*

Stop your bitching please........they laid out the timeline for the most part when the damn instance was launched. They always start nerfing instances before the release of an expansion. They are just doing this gradually instead of all at once.

I have no problem with the buffs nor their timing but I would have rather seen it change to 1% per week rather than 5% every 4 weeks. Make it a small little boost so that it feels more like gear progression. I would also have liked to seen a reward for doing it unbuffed like you get in ToC/ToGC for 1-shotting all the bosses.

I love the idea that more casual or weaker players are able to see content. Hard core and skilled players get the bragging rights of downing the instance weeks previous. We might have 35 raiders with 25 of them being quite skilled and some lesser. Increasing damage and healing lets someone who only needs LK gear sit out for someone who has been benched for Festergut because they don't have enough DPS/healing/health just yet. I like that idea.

What people fails to realize is that this policy isn't casual friendly. True casuals (people who raid 6-8 hours a week) had their best time in Vanilla, where instances were left untouched for over a year; hardcores would do it first, but everyone had their chance at doing it at their own pace, without having constant nerfing or later gear trivializing the previous content. You couldn't progress in AQ40 till you did BWL, so BWL never lost meaning, and you never had to rush through it.
    This is crazy. First thing, the instances were constantly re-tuned. Remember Ragnaros being unkillabe? Onyxia being unkillable? Etc.

Also I HATED (as did many others) the idea that you had to do MC to do BWL to do AQ to do Naxx. Now if you could go in to said instance and totally gear up in 3 - 4 weeks that might be okay but you couldn't. It took me 51 clears of BWL to get full T2 + Crossbow. 51 WEEKS to get ready for the next raid zone. Yes you don't need full tier to do AQ but if you took on an app wearking dungeon gear (which took me 6 months to get) do you think they would be of much use to you on Patchwerk? You have to drag 39 people back into BWL or AQ and hope, really hope you get lucky enough to gear them up.

This is just plain bad design. Blizzard admits it.

If you're pride is so diminished by the fact that your guild that just killed LK-25 Normal is now joined by 2 other guilds on server thanks to the buff then just ignore them. I could care less what other guilds or pugs are doing. I care what the other 30-35 people I raid with are doing not the other 10,000 on the server. My fun is no less diminished knowing that XYZGuild has also downed the same content or that a Sunday raider has as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX
    I have killed the first 4 bosses on 10-man and had brief go at Festergut in ICC. I have killed nothing else in ICC.

The existence of the buff means I literally don't care whether I kill the Lich King or not, and I'm one of the players who played through WC3 and the expansion. If I don't kill it now then I'll kill it when I'm level 85 in Cata epics. If I happen to join a raiding guild then I'll do what I always do: put in my 100% during raid time, and outside, and raid until we kill him. I'm not bothered either way because they seem obsessed with making everyone kill him, thus making the achievement of actually kill him A-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y W-o-r-t-h-l-e-s-s.

Bring back Burning Crusade: Where killing the boss was the achievement.
    you will never kill Arthas.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammatimme
    Holy crap we got to keep super revenge a whole week before blizz caved to the massive wave of retard qq. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't juggernaut last 2 weeks b4 it was nerfed from most amazing talent ever to just good talent?
    This, any other class it lasts at least a few weeks...any sort of time warriors are "OP" it always gets hotfixed...live with it, happens all the time...

I'm not bothered either way because they seem obsessed with making everyone kill him, thus making the achievement of actually kill him A-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y W-o-r-t-h-l-e-s-s.

Bring back Burning Crusade: Where killing the boss was the achievement.

Oh I agree, bring back TBC where they NEVER nerfed the bosses.............

Short term memory FTW

15+ Year Old Account

I will never know why people get so worked up about things like the ICC buff. No amount of whining about how it offends you, or takes away your will to play is going to convince Blizzard to remove it.

Personally, I'm happy the typical "end of expansion nerfs" are coming gradually this time and not a 0%-40% nerf in one patch.

So, in short: Stop stressing/nerd raging about silly stuff, it does nothing but invite more trolls to come and stir the pot which will just upset you further.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Lets see who can kill LK 25M HC now

Quote Originally Posted by quiz
    Lets see who can kill LK 25M HC now
    Oh well, I find it amusing that Paragon downed him second time and none else have done him even with 10% buff yet.

I love how people complain about stuff like this, and what are they doing?...........Still playing that game that upsets them lol...

I personally enjoy the 10% buff; because it gives me time to spend doing others things on raid night like spend some time with the wife after the raids are complete... I have a great time running threw with my guild, and the friends that i play with night in and night out.. No matter what buff they put in, or nerf I still play this game to have fun and play with good friends of mine...

Take what you want out of this, but its miller time people, grab a beer and relax ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Shue
    Oh well, I find it amusing that Paragon downed him second time and none else have done him even with 10% buff yet.
    You make it sound like LK is laughable even with the 10% buff. 5% and even 10% is not that much to help beat heroic.

Anyways, my guild is 11/12 normal 25 and I welcome this buff. The idea of the buff is to make sure everyone has a chance to beat the Lich King. Even if it ends up being cake walk with the 30% buff. It should only matter to you if you manage to beat LK before it reaches that buff, or even, just beating him.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Will be great when it is put to 30% but cant they remove the dodge buff ?
    Insert Signiture here.

Oh snap, More buffage!

And lol@ anyone who thinks this will make ICC fully Puggable for terrible players. All these boosts do is make your numbers bigger. And anyone who has any clout to call themselves "Real" raiders should know FROM EXPERIENCE that several fights have mechanics that will demand co-ordination, regardless of how Uber you are.

Twin Emperors STILL wipes people at level 80. And you think a Mere buff will make these players steamroll the Lichking?

10+ Year Old Account

I wants 15% now and then 20 until we get to 100 before Cata plz.
    But seriously Blizz cannot even dare thinking about amking it any higher or this place is going to be cake... frozen icecream cake with pink sprinkles!

Parantion? APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account

There's a difference between 'casual' and 'crap'. If this is your attitude then I'm pretty sure you're in the second group. WoW requires a lot less time than it used to.
    Sure it is. Crap is crap, they don't realize that are doing, not even bother to read skills definitions or use the one they find animation look nice

Casual are casuals, coz we bother to understand only our own classes and how to play with others in groups. And buff is for us, coz it's boring to farm Coliseum for nice 245 parts (100500 runs to get that uper-duper trinket!!!), so we could enter ICC perfectly prepared. We are not standing near the dungeon before the raid time, but ask for summon sometimes and don't get "minus" for that Oh, and if I want to go out this week with my wife instead of raid, other players will understand that and won't kick from static raid group. In my view for casual player: real world > wow and wow is just another game. For hardcore: wow > real world and wow is more than just another game. And ye, I'm playing for like 4 years with breaks as casual player, and 3.x is most casual-friendly wow.

Yesterday we managed to pass Professor to 2nd phase while only 1 slime killed. Without 10% buff 2 of them spawned coz of our low gear. And those 5% made 3rd phase more fast and less dependable on luck.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

5% moar pls

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske
    .... everyone has a chance to beat the Lich King.

You dont undestand that its is true even without the buff? If you guild havent killed LK normal yet you guild just do not interested in his death. Same with half of ICC HMs. Wanna have fun with " friends" so dont care about progression then. Wanna have both? - Change guild.

You gotta love this kind of buffes.