Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

Don't worry guys! I'm sure they will revamp the sentry totem to make up for the loss of the Cleansing totem and cure disease/poison... right???

Shaman totems changes
    -Sentry totem receives a totally new and interesting icon!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Haomarush&cn=Nuds

Nice, I love the changes, and thank you, Boub, for providing us with all these info!

Deleted

I hope there will be a cleansing totem replacing, because cleansing totem was one of the few which made totems interresting.

Way to homogenise all healers to dispel and make it unbalanced for classes that rely on Magic to do damage...

Give Priests Battle res at least and I'll be somewhat happy at least. :

eh i just dont like it))

Quote Originally Posted by Asaron
    Silly shaman, stop whining about cleansing totems. Totems are getting an overhaul to make them "more interesting to use" anyway.
    sure, "more interesting to use" means "we will get rid of the interesting and actually unique totems"...

I have yet to see overhaul to shaman totems, calls and 5 min durations were good changes, but i wouldnt call it "more interesting to use" rather than "still boring, still limited in function", more interesting to use totems were always the unique ones, you know... cleansing, grounding, tremor, earthbind, those are the good totems, getting rid of one of them wont make it for "more interesting" gameplay

still, I fully expect talents with dispel protection to be completely gone, otherwise what would be the point of expensive dispels, than can be wasted, just to not succeed in alot of cases?

Don’t be stupid children… wait. They are just announcing how it *might be*.

Players crying for no solid reason. Shut up and go do something productive with your lives.

If you don’t like the game, the rest of the community doesn’t need to know (nobody cares). You just go play something else.

Are you so retarded (those who start crying in advance) not to realize that they are redesigning a LOT of things in the game and that your char may be played a little bit different in Cata? Nothing wrong with that, if the game doesn’t change/evolve it becomes boring… (and it already is a little bit).

Now shut up and go lose some calories, fat bastard.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz
    [blizzquote="Zarhym;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/24038610691-upcoming-cataclysm-dispel-mechanics.html]In Cataclysm we are raising the mana costs, making it possible to waste mana by casting a dispel when there is nothing to dispel[/blizzquote"] When is the retardation ever going to end? They basically want healers to waste Dispels? Wonderful!
    Oh heavens! Healers must actually think about the stuff they cast instead of mindlessly spamming! What is the world coming to?!

/facepalm

I also love how people are bitching about having no compensation for getting some of their dispels removed when they haven't announced all the other class changes and the fact that everything is subject to change before release... At least wait until your class preview in the next few days before you start with the whining...

Quote Originally Posted by LoftyTheMetroid
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised by all the QQ, but from a pure game design POV:

These changes are brilliant. They add more depth and purpose to dispelling as a whole.

Can't wait for Cataclysm. Blizzard is one of the few developers that knows what they're doing when it comes to balance.
    Another happy Retpally/DK

This is a massive nerf to Ret PvE and PvP
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    yes I think its safe to say that brother is mad.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire
    Oh heavens! Healers must actually think about the stuff they cast instead of mindlessly spamming! What is the world coming to?!

/facepalm

I also love how people are bitching about having no compensation for getting some of their dispels removed when they haven't announced all the other class changes and the fact that everything is subject to change before release... At least wait until your class preview in the next few days before you start with the whining...
    This!

I mean honestly.. it takes so much skill to mash a dispel/purge/spellsteal button against classes that rely on diseases, HoTs, magic, etc, etc, etc..

Just keep mashing the key. If nothing is on you at the time, nothing happens and you waste no mana. About time those filthy dispellers actually have a penalty for mashing their face against their dispel key.

so shaman lose purge, cleansing totem and cleanse spirit, for resto and only resto to get cleanse magic? oh and i guess we can get curses now...sounds pretty crappy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronix
    so shaman lose purge, cleansing totem and cleanse spirit, for resto and only resto to get cleanse magic? oh and i guess we can get curses now...sounds pretty crappy to me.
    "* Shaman will be able to dispel defensive magic, offensive magic, and curses."

"Offensive Magic" ..., i.e. - They can still dispel people to remove their buffs.

Honestly go to bed for the night and come back to the same thread full of QQ and hate. Everyone chill the beta still has yet to come live and the class changes aren't out. Shockingly enough when a small portion of what Blizz is doing in this massive overhaul of a boring and redundant system it's gonna sound bad. Wait till you see the full picture then throw yourselves on the ground and throw your tantrums.

Uhh, thats bad. Can't tell you how many times I've had to dispell myself, healer and dps in 5 mans cause retards don't have frames with debuffs. I'm gunna be one sad pally tank in cata =-(

and Holy paladins will need to talent into their defensive magic dispels.
    Really? Spec into something so it will do what it already does now? So what happened to the idea of talents that you don't need?

Here we go changing the game to fit pvp again. Not all of us pvp. I don't appreciate one of the few things I have that separates me from other healers being taken away. My shaman is less mobile than other healers, I have ONE hot with a CD and now they want to mess with my totems?
    I don't care that they haven't started beta testing yet. I'm saying now before they get all comfy with the changing everything yet again for pvp, it stinks and I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz
    [blizzquote="Zarhym;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/24038610691-upcoming-cataclysm-dispel-mechanics.html]In Cataclysm we are raising the mana costs, making it possible to waste mana by casting a dispel when there is nothing to dispel[/blizzquote"] When is the retardation ever going to end? They basically want healers to waste Dispels? Wonderful!
    They want you to have to ummm try? healing is kind of a joke all this expansion. If you think its hard your not playing the same game lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysery
    Really? Spec into something so it will do what it already does now? So what happened to the idea of talents that you don't need?
    well talents that you don't need are useless and i don't think that was idea

and read that second blue post, talents are supposed to add something new to the game just like this one and only talents that are completely boring like increases your healing by 5% are going to be gone.

and R.I.P cleansing totem it was fun dropping you in hcs and what not (but it was too good to be true)

I don't get it?

Is blizzard pretty much encouraging everyone to play a Druid or something? Is there even a point to play a Shaman now?

My main is a Warlock and all I can say is, wow.... there goes all my dots.