Page 1 of 96
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[OLD] Retribution Cataclysm Discussion

Feel free to post an information or discussion on Retribution Paladin changes below.

As always, you can revert back to the Cataclysm Change Log for a complete list of changes currently in development.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Retribution Cataclysm Discussion

Some time ago I saw a blue post that stated that Blizzard is quite happy with the amount of healing non-heal oriented specs can do. How do you think, what they really meant - since health is getting buffed, will our heals be buffed as well percentage-wise? For example if our FoL currently heals for 8% of our HP, will it be still 8% or something around 4%?
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lexonio
    Some time ago I saw a blue post that stated that Blizzard is quite happy with the amount of healing non-heal oriented specs can do. How do you think, what they really meant - since health is getting buffed, will our heals be buffed as well percentage-wise? For example if our FoL currently heals for 8% of our HP, will it be still 8% or something around 4%?
    Our heals at L85 should be healing for 5k still, like on the live.

The only difference being that everyone will have 50-55k hp pools at level 85 also.

At least, I'm sure they said somewhere in vicinity of a 300% increase to health pools.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

To be honest im looking forward to ret in cataclysm. They stated earlier they would like to give retribution room for error. Meaning that all those tunnel vision ret pallys will no longer be able to play ret until they learn to play defensive. (arena/pvp wise of course) Im looking foward to them making retribution a little more viable for arena and less protribution. So far its been if you want to be in the top teams you gotta go holy or have the best gear possible as ret. Which by all means having the best gear isnt a bad thing but should be used as a helper not an only option. What im looking for in cataclysm is maybe a new skill that would be a little twist on our 3 spell spam so that you would have to choose between two spells at certain moments. At the moment (for anybody who doesnt play ret in arena) its pretty much JoJ, Cs, DS, and the occasional consencration which players usually just walk out of. I dont think cc is the problem here nor our defensive capabilities i think ret paladins just need another option instead of the 3 skills that we spam. (just an opinion feel free to tear it apart lol)

Wild Warrior uses Shattering Throw..... Its SUPER effective.

yeah idk atm only reason i use SoV is against stealthies. Because atm its more worth it to use SoR because of the instant damage. I dont think they would add a life draining effect though because thats not really the paladins play style but maybye a Ret HoT could be usefull. Then again with a Ret HoT comes all the qqs about Ret being op and such, so who knows.

Wild Warrior uses Shattering Throw..... Its SUPER effective.

Just wondering when looking at the New specs,
    Do you all think that the ret spec will be the same but instead of in Holy (like it is atm), but go and get reckoning for out 20 point talent in Prot?
    And if so how will that impact ret dps?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Azjol-Nerub&cn=Blooddigger
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Azjol-Nerub&cn=Jesla

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by blooddigger
    Just wondering when looking at the New specs,
    Do you all think that the ret spec will be the same but instead of in Holy (like it is atm), but go and get reckoning for out 20 point talent in Prot?
    And if so how will that impact ret dps?
    Too hard to tell. For all we know, they could move SotP to Ret and Reckoning to Holy.

Shamans getting a Low Lvl Strike

WHY NOT US (THE MELEE ORIENTED HYBRID)

I believe we are getting a new strike also that upgrades into Crusader Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Tro

Almost certainly, I'm sure they'll do something like that. All three specs would benefit from it for leveling (just make it share a cooldown with CS and HotR).

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tro

You're upset they haven't said we get one yet, yet think they will.

Brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

With Haste granting faster Rage and Energy to rogues. druids. and warriors; what do you think we will get?

I've got a theory. It will probably be an addition to a current talent like Swift Retribution saying that X% > Y% > Z% of your haste is converted into combat mana regen.

Just a thought I have.
    Random, mean level 15 deer appeared in Teldrassil to the shock and awe of low-level players. They have been replaced with level 1 fawn.

Also another suggestion of mine.

Forum can Burn me if they like but

I want Melee Utility more so then more Damage.

I want to be the Melee 2hander support fighter like advertised in Original Vanilla WoW.

Iam not really caring about more Damage and such. But I want to have a buff/ Heal role from my Melee 2hander weapon.

Also I want AoE Cone Strike (Concept of Ashbringer Strike) (And Concept of Inuyasha's Strike)

PLEASE I had suggested this a long time ago but Blizzard gave it to Warriors instead. But Its all good. I like seeing my Ideas get put to use at least. But I want to see my Ideas added to Paladins

Quote Originally Posted by naecroknight
    With Haste granting faster Rage and Energy to rogues. druids. and warriors; what do you think we will get?

I've got a theory. It will probably be an addition to a current talent like Swift Retribution saying that X% > Y% > Z% of your haste is converted into combat mana regen.

Just a thought I have.
    Except that Mana isn't really the resource that ret paladins manage (although sometimes it becomes an issue). GCDs are our resource. GC has hinted at this in the last week or so. What I'd like to see is that ret talents allow haste to reduce the GCD on physical attacks and also reduce the cooldown on certain of our abilities. Just my thought.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    Except that Mana isn't really the resource that ret paladins manage (although sometimes it becomes an issue). GCDs are our resource. GC has hinted at this in the last week or so. What I'd like to see is that ret talents allow haste to reduce the GCD on physical attacks and also reduce the cooldown on certain of our abilities. Just my thought.
    also, if all haste does is regen mana faster it becomes worthless at higher gear levels, the exact opposite of what blizzard wants to do between tiers in catty.

PS, i want fordrings lk cyclone snare. thats not that op is it? only works on targets at or bellow 10%...
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    also, if all haste does is regen mana faster it becomes worthless at higher gear levels, the exact opposite of what blizzard wants to do between tiers in catty.

PS, i want fordrings lk cyclone snare. thats not that op is it? only works on targets at or bellow 10%...
    GC said Ret's wouldn't have to worry about mana much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Since I already got my tax return I only have one thing to look forward to in mid april

maybe blizz will do a big overhaul and make ret pallies dps w/ a 1H and a shield

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmon
    maybe blizz will do a big overhaul and make ret pallies dps w/ a 1H and a shield
    I would rather have either a shield wall like ability or defensive cooldown that requires a shield, or bubble require a shield swap with a buff to our offensive of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillinz
    I would rather have either a shield wall like ability or defensive cooldown that requires a shield, or bubble require a shield swap with a buff to our offensive of course.
    Rationale? (edit: considering we already have both without a shield limitation).