Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

i didn't read all the posts, so this may already have been brought up...

unless life grip has some kind of threat wipe or reduction associated, i can see this being problematic in raids. supposed a dps pulls threat and boss turns to attack. if priest grips the dps and pulls him away, without a thread reduction/wipe won't the boss just follow the gripped DPS and potentially cause more problems?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&cn=Outis&gn=Prosapia

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Outis
    i didn't read all the posts, so this may already have been brought up...

unless life grip has some kind of threat wipe or reduction associated, i can see this being problematic in raids. supposed a dps pulls threat and boss turns to attack. if priest grips the dps and pulls him aways, without a thread reduction/wipe won't the boss just follow the gripped DPS and potentially cause more problems?
    I don't think thats what the spell is meant for. It's more meant for getting people out of fires, and pvp support and things. It isn't a threat wipe.

10+ Year Old Account

We will be following a similar philosophy homogenization with all the healing classes.
    : Here's hoping they don't make rage the equivalent of energy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

People like to explore worse case scenarios at every opportunity. Healers can grief any raid they want. Simply say you will heal the MT and then don't heal him: raid wipes. Yet no one does that.

Are there really that many people thinking they can jump off of a cliff and "life grip" people off with them? Has death grip not been in the game long enough for people to have already tried this many times? lol

I can see people abusing it a lot, but damn, will it be nice to help keep the dumbasses out of fire now.

So far I think the previews have been cool, warlocks a little less, but I think that's due to knowing about the soul shard change before-hand, and having things like demon soul not having an example.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

oh man. Life Grip. that's gunna be fun...

i can see it now...

-Huntard: "PRIEST! I gots too much aggro!! LIFE GRIP!"

Me: "No." *Continues healing*
    Following the Light since 2006.

10+ Year Old Account

Looks like I will have yet another class to lvl to 85 !

Pretty nice changes, tho mind spike was kinda lame. I mean basicly they say "oh having problems doing dps in heroics because of ramp up time? no problem, ehre take this new spell, spam it like there is no tomorrow on short fights"

Leap of faith is awesome, very situational. But nice notheless.

I'm interested in Holy for the first time ever.

Radiance alone sounds very cool..

Deciding on a dual spec is now a lot harder

Leap of Faith will never make it past beta. You guys know this.

Damn! Priests got some awesome stuff rolling in the door!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodamn
    Leap of Faith will never make it past beta. You guys know this.
    considering the direction cataclysm is going, existing gameplay we dont, tell us please mighty Vodamn
    Quote from: Sirsimeon on April 10, 2010, 12:00:49 pm
    can shammies please stop QQing? We are SUPPOSED to do more damage than shamans because we are PURE ffs.
    Virginity ftw

I was kind of thinking of a way that this life grip could work with not too many people complaining about it.

Think about it this way, that the way to be "life gripped" would work only if you have something like a warlock healthstone. So lets say the priest can summon some sort of well and all that want to be gripped just pick up the stone.

This way the priest could have something like two buttons, if you want to grip someone to you just click on him and click, and another to pull everyone that took the stone or whatever it is.

So in case of a battleground, you make the item at the start, in a raid well you already know who are the ones that are going to be gripped, and on arena well is kind of obvious.

So if you don't want to be gripped in any way just don't pick up the "stone" and be done with it.

It could work I believe.

Priest changes

Dk's that death grip a target while I am hitting said target. (I am pretty sure that all bg DK's have death grip macroed to every ability any way.)

Druid that cyclones a target while i m hitting it.

All the assholes that run over and melee break a blind so that a warrior can finish me off instead of waiting for my vanish to be ready.

/list all the other ways stupid players can make life terrible for me in a bg.

life grip will be another tool that can be used to fuck up the lives of others, but like anything else could be super sexy when used by a good player.

Please homoginize more, I can still tell casters apart....phukn' fail game design, for the masses and not real gamers.

If discipline and holy "healing output" would be equal - as blizz says they are aiming for, then: Discipline will always, in every situation be better then holy.

I quit the game after 5 years of playing a holy priest, the reason i quit was cause i got fed up with how casual the game became: how spamable, mindless, and casually easy everything has come. I remember a game where geting epics was actually hard, and seeing a player with epics was actually rare. Even in TBC completing heroic runs (like shattered halls) used to be a hard assignment - and you had a group of 5 who had to think before pulls, plan how to kill bosses. Eveything atm is just tank and spank, and spam heals. It doesn't matter what you spam.

Holy fell alot behind all the healers in WoTLK, especially behind the discipline priest who does have a spamable rejuv/HL style. Now healing outputs will be equal:
    meaning: discipline will heal like holy, but will also absord damage and have the spamable shield and barrier.

WoW started as a amazing role game, where you picked a class because of what the class gave. Now all the classes are the same, the difference: name of spell and armor.

With the new shaman changes: all i see is the same WoTLK line: shamans are like priests but they have totems, BL and mail armor. Paladins will probably also be priests with blessings, aura's, hands, bubble and infinite mana, Druids should've been nerfed at the begining of WoTLK (i still can't believe how a druid can cast ONLY rejuv and still be uberly good and amazing), Discipline priests just spam shields and are considered SO good because of it. And holy priests: there are the ones who compete meters (which are common on mmo hi kelesti nub) and some that actually play properly. At the same time - a holy can't really compete atm on meters - set bonus, no spamable strong spell, its more of combining all together to get this.

Very dissapointed not planing on coming back, waste since i got the invitation to test.

Once again, discipline has become the overly attractive talent tree. Holy needs a holy form!

Btw if someone could answer this... i didn't understand... at the end of the post it says something about dots not being cliped but just going to full duration ... but it didn't say it a the section it talked about dots.
    Our dots have the same as the Lock that it goes to full duration and it isn't cliped right?

Cheers
    Zoulis
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Bladestorm + Lifegrip = fortehlulz!
    A fool and his money are soon parted, but not nearly as fast as a nerd and his tears.

Quote Originally Posted by magik8ball
    We already got our troll raid. It's called the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis
    Btw if someone could answer this... i didn't understand... at the end of the post it says something about dots not being cliped but just going to full duration ... but it didn't say it a the section it talked about dots.
    Are dots have the same as the Lock that it goes to full duration and it isn't cliped right?

Cheers
    Zoulis
    It is likely to be the case.