Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Mages gaining Timewarp

Mages get BL.

Well, there goes my free raid/arena invite.

QQ

Re: Worst news ever......

yeaaaa. it was inevitable.

we had a good run guys...brb rerolling frost DK...

but in all seriousness we don't know how this will pan out or what they plan to do with shamans besides what they previewed...they have their work cut out for them because there is a definitely alot to fix if we want to keep our raid spot, bring the player not the class or not as long as we had BL no matter how gimped blizzard made us we always had a spot...i hope they fix us :-\
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Lets hope they remove the hybrid tax

10+ Year Old Account

They had better buff the living fuck out of dps shamans to make up for it.
    Vek'nilash/Skywall US

15+ Year Old Account

In it's current state, I pray for you guys.

However, Shaman DPS may be on par with everyone else come Cataclysm, and then, guess what, you have to actually compete for your spot just like the rest of us.

Congratulations.

It probably was inevitable, but I would have rather seen the ability nerfed like sunder than given to a pure dps class (although mages were a reasonable choice, hunters have a frac ton of utility, warlocks have CoE, rogues have expose). Shaman uniqueness was tied to WoA and Bloodlust, at one point this put us behind Druids and Pallys overall, after the drums Shaman came out on top.

The idea of them butchering the few unique things like Kings/Mark/Innervate/BL/Brez/Judgments etc left in the game leaves a foul taste in my mouth, I mean how hard was it really to get a shaman/druid/pally into your raid? The answer is that it actually wasn't at all, and in the few cases where someone actually found it hard it wasn't nearly worth the effort for the buff. The only real unbalanced aspect of Bloodlust is in PvP, because getting one on your 3s team is much harder than fitting it in your raid. GG RMP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Lol if this was live all the guilds doing HM LK wouldn't have even brought the one resto shaman that they did bring. He would have gotten benched after sindragosa like the other shaman in the raid.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zolok
    Wow.... just.... wow.....
    My guild ran 1 "main" 25 man raid every week. We have 52 active raiders. You don't perform well, drats, you're on the less progressed run for the week.

Obviously, this is not always the case. QQing because you lose your so-called "free raid spot" when you don't know how your class will fare in Cataclysm is just as stupid as the rest of the QQ. These are primers, basic previews of what is yet to come. You can speculate all you want, but ultimately, you know absolutely nothing about how it will pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    We have 52 active raiders.
    recruit less

My guild ran 1 "main" 25 man raid every week. We have 52 active raiders. You don't perform well, drats, you're on the less progressed run for the week.

How deep are you in ICC?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I am hoping and assuming that BL will still be supieor. They did say SIMILAR to BL. And because it buffs the mage as well, possibly this will give less global haste? Still making atleast 1 shaman faily desirable. hopefully.......hopefully.....

good change, having to compete with my shaman for a spot in alts raids is good, it'll drive me to perform better.
    Getting a free invite because of a unique buff was/is stupid.

"bring the player not the class.. oh and 1 shaman"
    ^^
    nice to see blizzard addressing that..

Though..giving it to mage is nasty.. RMP is going to be so vicious with BL,smoke bombs, life grip...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    How deep are you in ICC?
    I stopped playing months ago. My paladin is on a separate account however.

Not very far, anyways. But at least 40 of us were from a guild that had broken up severely months prior to that. We didn't care, we had fun. Not going to tell people to take a hike.

Fucking QQ over your own unique perk being given away is nothing new. You have absolutely no idea how your class will turn out. People fear change, there's been monumental bitching all week about every class. Don't know why anyone bothers. Barely anything makes it through Beta in it's current form anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by sbarro777
    I am hoping and assuming that BL will still be supieor. They did say SIMILAR to BL. And because it buffs the mage as well, possibly this will give less global haste? Still making atleast 1 shaman faily desirable. hopefully.......hopefully.....
    I don´t get it, why is it shamans can´t be brought because of their skill?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    That's because you're not looking.

Searing = Firy = Hot = Molten = Lava = Volcano = Disaster = Death
    Blade = Sharp = Pointy = Feather = Bird = Wing

Searing + Blade = Death + Wing

Thus, if Searing + Blade is equal to Burning + Legion, as well as to Death + Wing, and Death + Wing is equal to Old + Gods, then Burning + Legion = Old + Gods.

Simple math.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spamaspell
    I don´t get it, why is it shamans can´t be brought because of their skill?
    Because as it stands, they're relatively low compared to every other DPS class. In it's current form, yes, I feel for you guys, IF MAGES WERE GIVEN THE ABILITY RIGHT NOW.

Complaining about your free spot being given away when you guys might be king DPS for a while in Cata is dumb.

Because as it stands, they're relatively low due to every other DPS class. In it's current form, yes, I feel for you guys, IF MAGES WERE GIVEN THE ABILITY RIGHT NOW.

Complaining about your free spot being given away when you guys might be king DPS for a while in Cata is dumb.
    then they should ask for a dps increase, NOT for BL to be unique to them
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    That's because you're not looking.

Searing = Firy = Hot = Molten = Lava = Volcano = Disaster = Death
    Blade = Sharp = Pointy = Feather = Bird = Wing

Searing + Blade = Death + Wing

Thus, if Searing + Blade is equal to Burning + Legion, as well as to Death + Wing, and Death + Wing is equal to Old + Gods, then Burning + Legion = Old + Gods.

Simple math.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spamaspell
    then they should ask for a dps increase, NOT for BL to be unique to them
    They have been, which makes this so funny. They have absolutely no idea how their DPS, utility, OR survivability will fan out in Cataclysm. They might be the most desired hybrid dps or even just DPS. It's been this way with EVERY CLASS about EVERY CHANGE. Everyone is so eager to look into the future for bad things, but never for good things.

Well people fear changes coz frankly blizz is known to make MONUMENTAL stupid mistakes.
    Do they have reasons to be worried? HELL YEAH !
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Well, every good raid will have a Resto Shaman at least. Healing Rain remix of Chocolate Rain anyone?