Thread: Smokebomb-PvP

Smokebomb-PvP

Smoke Bomb (level 85): The rogue drops a Smoke Bomb, creating a cloud that interferes with enemy targeting. Enemies who are outside the cloud will find themselves unable to target units inside the cloud with single-target abilities. Enemies can move inside the cloud to attack, or they can use area-of-effect (AoE) abilities at any time to attack opponents in a cloud. In PvP, this will open up new dimensions of tactical positional gameplay, as the ability offers a variety of offensive and defensive uses. In PvE, Smoke Cloud can serve to shield your group from hostile ranged attacks, while also drawing enemies closer without the need to rely on conventional line-of-sight obstructions. Smoke Cloud lasts 10 seconds and has a 3-minute cooldown.
    Well, i decided i really like the idea of smoke bomb for pvp. I hate getting a target close to death only for them to get a heal at the last second that saves them.
    Using smokebomb when a target is almost dead to cut off LoS and heals will be awesome. Since the healers wont be able to target units in the smoke it will give you just enough time to finish them off.

Re: Smokebomb-PvP

Sounds fun, 100% Mortal Strike ;D But remember that there are some spells that will heal even a target inside the cloud. The new shaman spell Healing Rain or the new priest group shield Power Word: Barrier for example. Even a priest could waste his 10 m cooldown Dyvine Hymn to definetely frustrate your attempt.

Mage/rogue is going to be even more fun!

So typical DK vs Rogue will go something like:

Stunlock - 6 seconds (with DR changes)
    Dismantle - 10 seconds
    Evasion - 20 seconds
    Kidney Shot - 6 seconds (it is off DR)
    Smoke Bomb - 10 seconds
    Combat Readiness - 30 seconds
    Dismantle - 10 seconds
    Kidney Shot - 6 more seconds, off DR again

So all the DK will need to do is survive through 98 seconds of doing pretty much no damage and then you can actually start to hit the rogue :P. And that is before you start looking at preparation, sap, blind, vanish, gouge, cloak of shadows etc. If the idea is that rogues are supposed to be able to, basically, chain defensive cooldowns forever then why not just make it so they take a flat 50% reduced damage at all times and be done with it?

If fact, assuming all cooldowns will be 2 minutes with talents like they are now and all the rogue needs to do is vanish + sap, resap before it breaks, and they can basically start all over again from the beginning ...

Not exactly Skulver, the smoke bomb doesnt protect us from melee at all. Its like a portable temporary line of sight blocker.

also the combat readiness lasts 6 secs, stacks 5 times and resets the timer with each stack...so if your smart when you see a rogue pop combat readiness just stop attacking for 6 secs so he doesnt get another stack and it falls off.

But about smoke bomb, if your inside the smoke with the rogue you can still hit him.

I use mouseover! I dont need target yo!

Although I really like the idea, I hope this isn't Blizzard's solution to the vanish problem. I shouldn't have to blow two CDs to properly use one. Vanish should just work as intended. I'm not QQing as this is the oldest class bug in the game and it obviously must be hard to fix but I just hope they keep working on it rather than putting it aside now that we have smoke bombs.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.